Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

Lumen wrote: »
    The "acceleration boost" upgrade is not available in Ireland.

That doesn't alter the fact that it exists as a business practice though, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

redcup342 wrote: »
    Rear heated seats in the SR+ ?

There's an argument there, as no doubt it's cheaper/easier for Tesla to produce all rear seats with the heating elements. The heating elements probably cost pennies too & the seats are common to all Model 3s & presumably, Model Ys.

Additionally, it's a one off €300 payment (money grab IMO too, just bloody activate them for everyone - the cheapest Model 3 here is €57k before grants/subvention :eek:).

Matrix LED headlights though - expensive hardware!

Plus they seem to be moving this to an annual/recurring subscription model.

Imagine walking around an Audi dealership in a few years time, looking at an E-Tron with matrix LED headlights & other nice goodies/extras, not knowing if they are included with the car :eek:.

Everything is moving to the recurring subscription model, but accessing/using hardware on a high end car is nuts IMO. You're buying the car, but only renting use of the headlights? Where does this end?

Keep this sh1t for leasing or PCP. If I buy a car & order extras, a tech pack, or comfort pack, I want to own it.

If it makes money, more manufacturers will follow. Produce all cars in the highest spec but nobble/deactivate the extras, make the owner pay every year, in perpetuity. What if they decide in 3 years time, when you are used to the nice headlights, they want a grand a year for them?

Slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

wonder could they be enabled via vcds if the hardware is already installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Kramer wrote: »

Keep this sh1t for leasing or PCP. If I buy a car & order extras, a tech pack, or comfort pack, I want to own it.

you can, thats still an option.

Cyrus wrote: »
    you can, thats still an option.

For now.

If it becomes more profitable to build the car fully loaded & sell access to the features to each owner, on a yearly subscription basis, that's thee way they will go.

Why sell matrix LED lights to the first owner when you can resell the features, every year & to every new owner. They'll claim the initial cost will be lower, but it won't :cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

There's an argument there, as no doubt it's cheaper/easier for Tesla to produce all rear seats with the heating elements. The heating elements probably cost pennies too & the seats are common to all Model 3s & presumably, Model Ys.

Additionally, it's a one off €300 payment (money grab IMO too, just bloody activate them for everyone - the cheapest Model 3 here is €57k before grants/subvention :eek:).

Matrix LED headlights though - expensive hardware!

Plus they seem to be moving this to an annual/recurring subscription model.

Imagine walking around an Audi dealership in a few years time, looking at an E-Tron with matrix LED headlights & other nice goodies/extras, not knowing if they are included with the car :eek:.

Everything is moving to the recurring subscription model, but accessing/using hardware on a high end car is nuts IMO. You're buying the car, but only renting use of the headlights? Where does this end?

If it makes money, more manufacturers will follow. Produce all cars in the highest spec but nobble/deactivate the extras, make the owner pay every year, in perpetuity. What if they decide in 3 years time, when you are used to the nice headlights, they want a grand a year for them?

Slippery slope.

And hers 3 more scenarios:

1 - In 3 yrs time after it comes back to dealer off PCP, will the value he assesses it at for trade-in be based on whether those features are/are not enabled?

2 - In 3 years time I walk on to the forecourt of dealer above to buy aforesaid 3 yr old eTron and I want to know if half the spec listed in his lovely ad is actually enabled? And if so permanently or time-limited? Will this be the bargaining chip ??

3 - VRT being assessed as it is on the ad valorem value - including extras - can I 'strip' the car presale to keep VRT down, and then 'add them' post sale with s/w update with a nett benefit to me ?

This is some rabbit hole they've created here.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

galwaytt wrote: »

1 - In 3 yrs time after it comes back to dealer off PCP, will the value he assesses it at for trade-in be based on whether those features are/are not enabled?

2 - In 3 years time I walk on to the forecourt of dealer above to buy aforesaid 3 yr old eTron and I want to know if half the spec listed in his lovely ad is actually enabled? And if so permanently or time-limited? Will this be the bargaining chip ??

3 - VRT being assessed as it is on the ad valorem value - including extras - can I 'strip' the car presale to keep VRT down, and then 'add them' post sale with s/w update with a nett benefit to me ?

This is some rabbit hole they've created here.....

You can do this already on Teslas. Buy FSD after purchase, or unlock heated seats etc, then you are not charged VRT on that cost.

galwaytt wrote: »

to be fair you get fook all allowance for extras when trading in, hence id rather 'rent' what i want for 3 years than buy it for good and not get any allowance for it when trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭MarkN

In a eTron Sportback this week!

e-Tron-001.jpg
    e-Tron-002.jpg
    e-Tron-003.jpg
    e-Tron-004.jpg
    e-Tron-005.jpg
    e-Tron-006.jpg
    e-Tron-007.jpg
    e-Tron-008.jpg
    e-Tron-009.jpg
    e-Tron-010.jpg
    e-Tron-011.jpg
    e-Tron-012.jpg
    e-Tron-013.jpg
    e-Tron-014.jpg

Fantastic

What’s that colour mark ? I think i saw that in Audi south last time I was up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭MarkN

Plasma Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Is that cheaper or dearer than the original etron?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

MarkN wrote: »
    In a eTron Sportback this week!
    ]
    When will your review be up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

It's interesting the switched the charging port location to the Right hand side of the car on the Sportback.

This was a complete pain in the h*le on the older model in Germany at least since you can't park against the direction of traffic and the Charging pole would always be awkward to get to without a really long cable.

I thought they would have kept it to the left for the RHD Drive model though.

It's interesting the switched the charging port location to the Right hand side of the car on the Sportback.

This was a complete pain in the h*le on the older model in Germany at least since you can't park against the direction of traffic and the Charging pole would always be awkward to get to without a really long cable.

I thought they would have kept it to the left for the RHD Drive model though.

european etrons have charging ports on both sides, DC fast charger is on the drivers side but ac is both.

Is that cheaper or dearer than the original etron?

more expensive, the 'coupe' ish versions always are

european etrons have charging ports on both sides, DC fast charger is on the drivers side but ac is both.
    That's a paid option.

ELM327 wrote: »
    That's a paid option.

not in europe

That's a paid option.

From earlier in the thread, it could happen that all cars are built with charge ports on both sides, but you pay a yearly sub to activate each, or both :pac:.

From earlier in the thread, it could happen that all cars are built with charge ports on both sides, but you pay a yearly sub to activate each, or both :pac:.
    Seems like that's the way it's going!

I naively assumed it was the same in the rest of the EU as it was here and the UK. I also watched a review on Youtube of someone who bought a first edition one in the south of france that didnt have the second charge point because it was a paid option.

• Advertisement

Seems like that's the way it's going!

I naively assumed it was the same in the rest of the EU as it was here and the UK. I also watched a review on Youtube of someone who bought a first edition one in the south of france that didnt have the second charge point because it was a paid option.

to the best of my knowledge it was only in the us that the charging port was on one side.

was that the video of the guy complaining?

just saw it now, i was pretty sure it was all of eu that got both sides but appears not! i havent seen an etron 50 without both so maybe they changed it.

to the best of my knowledge it was only in the us that the charging port was on one side.

This guy
    https://youtu.be/IOPFiR4pIhc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

just saw it now, i was pretty sure it was all of eu that got both sides but appears not! i havent seen an etron 50 without both so maybe they changed it.

2019 55 I had did not have it for sure. :confused:

2019 55 I had did not have it for sure. :confused:

really thats odd , maybe its uk and ireland then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

more expensive, the 'coupe' ish versions always are

Yeah they are unfortunately but I wasn't sure if this was a bit smaller and maybe a different class than the etron. Like the original etron being an a6 and the sport back being an a5. Unfortunately it looks like its an a7.

Yeah the Q4 e-tron will fill that gap probably the audi version of the ID4?

the E-tron it self is effectively an electric Q8 size wise and the sportback is the swoopy version which doesnt really exist in the rest of the suv range for audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

How are you finding the range now in the cold winter?

digiman wrote: »
    How are you finding the range now in the cold winter?

220km for the 50 in this weather give or take

Did a 137km spin the other day and would have had heater on and off and heated seats

31kw/100km I averaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

Hi does anyone know if the functions on demand option is available on the myAudi Ireland app ?

• Advertisement

Hi does anyone know if the functions on demand option is available on the myAudi Ireland app ?

Just logon via the website but change the country to Germany first you can buy from there .

Advertisement