Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

Thanks for the tip, I logged in there and also tried the UK website, both show that no functions on demand are available.
    I'll have to follow up with the dealer as it showed on the spec summary of the car, I was looking to activate the matrix headlights

Functions on demand
    There are no functions available to purchase for your Audi at the moment. As soon as the available functions change, functions you can order are shown here. Come back and check again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Thanks for the tip, I logged in there and also tried the UK website, both show that no functions on demand are available.
    I'll have to follow up with the dealer as it showed on the spec summary of the car, I was looking to activate the matrix headlights

Functions on demand
    There are no functions available to purchase for your Audi at the moment. As soon as the available functions change, functions you can order are shown here. Come back and check again soon.

That’s unusual , what model is yours ? I was given to understand they all hardware for matrix headlights

Cyrus wrote: »
    That’s unusual , what model is yours ? I was given to understand they all hardware for matrix headlights

It’s a new 50 sport, I had the same understanding that it has the hardware, I’ll follow up with Audi on it

It’s a new 50 sport, I had the same understanding that it has the hardware, I’ll follow up with Audi on it

As is mine

I was able to get matrix light plus and the park assistant

i saw a nice e-tron in manhatten grey (i think) at the pier in DL yesterday, anyone here?

• Advertisement

The 22"s look very nice, this car is the exact same spec as mine except i have the std 20s

wont do anything for range mind...

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/e-tron/fpa/202009023236079?journey=Search

Very nice, suit the car, I wonder how it would drive with them, I’d expect it to be harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

The 22"s look very nice, this car is the exact same spec as mine except i have the std 20s

Saw that, looks the business...

Very nice, suit the car, I wonder how it would drive with them, I’d expect it to be harder

Air suspension would help in that regard but yes definitely not as comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

That's stunning, the wheels and black pack make a huge difference there.

The more I look into it, the more I'm liking the etron. Was really considering the BMW X45e, but I'm leaning more towards the etron now.

Got a price for the new etron S, €112k after delivery and grant.

Do you think it's worth getting one with the 22kW AC charging port? I see it's not an option, haven't' seen it on any configurator and price is believed to be about 1.5k. I think unless you had 3phase at home it would be hard to get proper use out of it. I've a Tesla M3P at the moment but would never stop at a charger slower than 50kw unless I was very stuck

• Advertisement

digiman wrote: »
    That's stunning, the wheels and black pack make a huge difference there.

The more I look into it, the more I'm liking the etron. Was really considering the BMW X45e, but I'm leaning more towards the etron now.

Got a price for the new etron S, €112k after delivery and grant.

Do you think it's worth getting one with the 22kW AC charging port? I see it's not an option, haven't' seen it on any configurator and price is believed to be about 1.5k. I think unless you had 3phase at home it would be hard to get proper use out of it. I've a Tesla M3P at the moment but would never stop at a charger slower than 50kw unless I was very stuck

I wouldn’t pay for it no, you won’t get the benefit at home without 3 phase and how often are you going to be using a 22kw ac charger ?

I think those wheels are std on the s ? What’s the bhp on it ? And range ? It looks savage !

I wouldn’t pay for it no, you won’t get the benefit at home without 3 phase and how often are you going to be using a 22kw ac charger ?

I think those wheels are std on the s ? What’s the bhp on it ? And range ? It looks savage !

It’s 496bhp, does 0-100 in 4.5s. It looks beautiful, range is quoted as 200-300miles. I’d love to get a nicely specced demo one in 6 months time from NI, VRT would be for nothing and should work out a decent bit cheaper. Will be interesting to see if Irish dealers get any in. Surprised they are not for sale here yet as they have been in the UK for a few months now.

It’s 496bhp, does 0-100 in 4.5s. It looks beautiful, range is quoted as 200-300miles. I’d love to get a nicely specced demo one in 6 months time from NI, VRT would be for nothing and should work out a decent bit cheaper. Will be interesting to see if Irish dealers get any in. Surprised they are not for sale here yet as they have been in the UK for a few months now.

I’d get some reliable 3rd party reviews on range the e-trons are the petrol equivalent of gas guzzlers :D

I’d like an s or a taycan next depending on what stage the kids are at .

Yeah, range seems to get pretty bad reviews on etrons in general. If I could get 200miles At motorway speeds I’d be happy enough with that.

Yeah, range seems to get pretty bad reviews on etrons in general. If I could get 200miles At motorway speeds I’d be happy enough with that.

That’s over 300km , I’d look into that, it’s the same size battery as the 55 I think so I doubt the range is better it might be just about that .

You are probably looking at 28-30 kw per 100km in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Do you think it's worth getting one with the 22kW AC charging port

I’ve a 17kW charger on my MX and it’s very handy. If you’re talking a longer trip, you have a few choices. A quick stop at a 150kW charger (in the unlikely event that one exists). A 45 minute stop at a 50kW charger or a slightly longer stop at a 20kW charger. The last one works well if you’re getting food at the same time. You can park, walk a few minutes to a nearby restaurant, eat your food and there’s no pressure getting back to the car to avoid the overstay fee or hogging the charge point.

It works equally well if you’re away from home and have no overnight charging. Instead of stopping at a 50/150 on the way home, you can charge while eating, at a cinema or shopping. If you day-travel for work (ah the good old pre-Covid days...), you can charge while you’re at meetings and drive straight home afterwards.

Edit: one major advantage is that there’s so many of them in Ireland.

markpb wrote: »
    I’ve a 17kW charger on my MX and it’s very handy. If you’re talking a longer trip, you have a few choices. A quick stop at a 150kW charger (in the unlikely event that one exists). A 45 minute stop at a 50kW charger or a slightly longer stop at a 20kW charger. The last one works well if you’re getting food at the same time. You can park, walk a few minutes to a nearby restaurant, eat your food and there’s no pressure getting back to the car to avoid the overstay fee or hogging the charge point.

It works equally well if you’re away from home and have no overnight charging. Instead of stopping at a 50/150 on the way home, you can charge while eating, at a cinema or shopping. If you day-travel for work (ah the good old pre-Covid days...), you can charge while you’re at meetings and drive straight home afterwards.

Edit: one major advantage is that there’s so many of them in Ireland.

Would you pay 1500 quid to be able to go from 11 as std to 22? I wouldn’t but depends on your driving habits I guess .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Would you pay 1500 quid to be able to go from 11 as std to 22? I wouldn’t but depends on your driving habits I guess .

I would, absolutely. For me 11kW is pointless. Who’s going to charge at that rate? It’s too fast for at home and too slow for anywhere else. 22kW is a good compromise between slow and fast charging. Like you said though, it’s not going to be useful for everyone.

markpb wrote: »
    I would, absolutely. For me 11kW is pointless. Who’s going to charge at that rate? It’s too fast for at home and too slow for anywhere else. 22kW is a good compromise between slow and fast charging. Like you said though, it’s not going to be useful for everyone.

Problem with the etron is generally if you are on a long trip you need a full enough recharge :D

So at a 22kw charger you’ll still have to put in 3-4 hours ! But I take your point that in certain use cases it’s useful, for me it wouldn’t be worth it.

dropped mine up to sandyford this morning, the drivers side (fast) charging door wont open, when its in apparently there is a recall on the rear light strip and a few software updates as well FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Got mine done last week, main problem was the app wouldn't connect. Works seamlessly now. They also changed the rear light strip, I had no issues with it.

For some reason I notice now the range seems to be better, no increase from fully charged but doesn't seem to drop as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

E tron GT released today. Also an RS version. Looks beautiful, like a cross between an a7 and a Porsche.
    98k starting price in Germany, 140k for the RS. Plenty of YouTube videos up of it.
    Wonder how much it will be here, I'd say it'll sell a few

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    E tron GT released today. Also an RS version. Looks beautiful, like a cross between an a7 and a Porsche.
    98k starting price in Germany, 140k for the RS. Plenty of YouTube videos up of it.
    Wonder how much it will be here, I'd say it'll sell a few

Taycan alternative presume they will release a cheaper one in a year or so ala the 84k rwd taycan

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Audi Etron GT = Porsche Taycan in a different dress? Why would anyone buy the Audi while the Porsche equivalent is about the same price? Makes no sense, the Audi should be positioned at a lower level, about €10k less at least. Then VAG can come out with a VW badge one for another €10k less and a Skoda yet again for another €10k less. It's all about the badge and none of them would compete with each other :p

unkel wrote: »
    Audi Etron GT = Porsche Taycan in a different dress? Why would anyone buy the Audi while the Porsche equivalent is about the same price? Makes no sense, the Audi should be positioned at a lower level, about €10k less at least. Then VAG can come out with a VW badge one for another €10k less and a Skoda yet again for another €10k less. It's all about the badge and none of them would compete with each other :p

I haven’t looked at the prices closely but I presume bhp for bhp the Audi will be cheaper ? It will have to be as you say else why would anyone buy it !

I’m guessing the 98k version equates to the taycan 4s rather than the rwd?

You're guessing right. And at about €100k for the base Etron GT vs €110k for the Taycan 4S in Germany the difference is reasonable

The problem is that there is a base Porsche Taycan for just €83k. I'd say that Porsche will sell a lot more cars than the relatively expensive Audi. The cars have similar enough battery size and range but the Audi is obviously faster and more powerful

unkel wrote: »
    You're guessing right. And at about €100k for the base Etron GT vs €110k for the Taycan 4S in Germany the difference is reasonable

The problem is that there is a base Porsche Taycan for just €83k. I'd say that Porsche will sell a lot more cars than the relatively expensive Audi. The cars have similar enough battery size and range but the Audi is obviously faster and more powerful

Again I’m guessing but assume we will see a rwd base etron gt in a year or so also ?

Is the Audi packaged better ? Boot space etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I don’t think this GT will take any sales from the Taycan or Model S... I think it will move RS7 owners to electric. Hopefully VW AG will get the battery tech and overall package sorted by 2025, can you imagine if they made the car and Tesla did the battery, motor etc!

BBMcQ wrote: »
    I don’t think this GT will take any sales from the Taycan or Model S... I think it will move RS7 owners to electric. Hopefully VW AG will get the battery tech and overall package sorted by 2025, can you imagine if they made the car and Tesla did the battery, motor etc!

I wouldn’t say that

I think my next car will be one or the other (base model ) and looking at the pics the Audi looks better right now !

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Hopefully VW AG will get the battery tech and overall package sorted by 2025, can you imagine if they made the car and Tesla did the battery, motor etc!

What makes you say that? There is nothing wrong with the battery, motor or drivetrain from the VW group cars like the Etrons or the Taycans

Advertisement