Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ELM327 wrote: »
    Absolutely. But when the 55 can struggle to get 220km in winter (see Kris Rifa recent videos on youtube) I'd not want to be charging every 160km in the 50. I could do that 3 years ago in my Ioniq!

yeah there is a 70km delta in general between the two but im not sure what winter he was testing in, in ours worst i was seeing was 210 or so in the 50, which goes to 270/280 in mid summer, the 55 at that rate should be 270/280 and 340/350.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I wouldn't pay €20k extra for a couple of hours less public charging time per year when out on long journeys...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

You can't compromise between range and cost when you can't afford it in the first place!

Expensive machines.

It's like everyone promoting 3 litre 6 cylinder bmws when they are 15k more than the model that does a perfectly fine job.

160k if true is very low though.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Well life with the ETron hasn’t been plain sailing so far, ran into issues last week & had to be towed to Audi dealer. Had to be referred to Germany for a fix, they took an age. New control module needed, but on back order so will be at least another week off the road.

Giving Audi credit, customer service good so far. Audi assist had tow truck to me within the hour & hire car delivered to me an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Seems like the first Irish e-tron GTs have landed and are out with Irish press. I see Audi Centre and Audi North Dublin advertising 2022 deliveries as 2021 is sold out already. Sweet machine!

https://twitter.com/Shane_O_D/status/1379357917229543424?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is it the good version (the RS etron GT) or the base one that's slow and has no range?

Is it the good version (the RS etron GT) or the base one that's slow and has no range?

thats not the RS pictured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭MarkN

Video out Friday!

071504-C2-184-B-4-AA5-A983-4-D7-A8-FEBA8-A0.jpg
    9-C5-D6-DA9-6776-48-DD-8-AF5-BCB4-A9-B72-A32.jpg
    379-D5-EA8-396-B-45-D8-9-A83-D66-DC0-DFCD80.jpg
    5-FFA4530-95-DE-43-FF-BA51-29-ED6-D7-F465-D.jpg
    CE142570-1418-4-C64-96-B8-71704015-E4-C9.jpg
    3-CDF6934-BDEE-443-B-B620-1-B28-B6-ECB1-C2.jpg
    FD9-D3747-1-F37-4471-A656-CB7879565921.jpg
    BEB4-E82-E-6-A44-4348-BD20-A74-B31-A736-E2.jpg
    17658082-3-D1-B-494-E-BBEF-5-BAB7-CF42352.jpg
    FE7-BB3-CC-8840-4155-B680-87805-AC323-F2.jpg

The front makes it look like a cheap "paddy spec" car from the 90s - without body colored bumpers.

Agreed. Not a big deal though, can be wrapped.

Overall a better looking car than its sister the Taycan, wonder how the pricing will work.

• Advertisement

I'd buy an E Tron GT in the morning but the government have taken the grant....so I'll stick with my 7 year old diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

Perhaps they are trying to copy the Ioniq 38..:D

Lovely looking car, though think it would look better in any other colour than white. (And I generally like white)

Not doing much for me I’m afraid....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

eagerv wrote: »
    Lovely looking car, though think it would look better in any other colour than white. (And I generally like white)

Have to agree. Hope it looks better in another colour.

Different colour here

7612388-D-0-A4-D-4-B3-B-B60-F-3-D7-AC16-D03-CF.jpg
    3-FAC4-B45-A013-4-A2-D-8-C90-C4-FF419-F194-C.jpg
    4-D6-FBEB5-A55-B-4291-A80-C-7-B7-D46-E8643-F.jpg
    20933-A87-05-C6-4-A52-BD74-F4-C775-AA652-E.jpg

MarkN wrote: »
    Different colour here

7612388-D-0-A4-D-4-B3-B-B60-F-3-D7-AC16-D03-CF.jpg
    3-FAC4-B45-A013-4-A2-D-8-C90-C4-FF419-F194-C.jpg
    4-D6-FBEB5-A55-B-4291-A80-C-7-B7-D46-E8643-F.jpg
    20933-A87-05-C6-4-A52-BD74-F4-C775-AA652-E.jpg

Daytona grey is its colour for sure

Can any ETron owners confirm if internet radio is standard/should work automatically? Not working for me but other data related services in car are

bf wrote: »
    Can any ETron owners confirm if internet radio is standard/should work automatically? Not working for me but other data related services in car are

How would I check ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Don’t think so via MMI, there’s no app.

DAB is no longer working since they ceased the service. It’s knocking out the RTE stations on FM as the cars preference is selecting them on DAB. I understand this will be resolved on the 12th April when the service is fully switched off.

For internet radio I use Tunein via CarPlay, works fine.

Cyrus wrote: »
    How would I check ?

In the source section for the radio, there is a button for internet radio. When i push it it searches for a while & then tells me not available and try’s to get me to sign up to a Cubic Telecom data plan

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »
    Don’t think so via MMI, there’s no app.

DAB is no longer working since they ceased the service. It’s knocking out the RTE stations on FM as the cars preference is selecting them on DAB. I understand this will be resolved on the 12th April when the service is fully switched off.

For internet radio I use Tunein via CarPlay, works fine.

I was stumped on the RTÉ DAB thing as well but solved it tonight - if you go into settings there is an option that says service following for DAB stations.

Click that to off & your RTÉ fm stations will reappear

Seems a bit cheap of Audi not to have it when all VW electric cars have internet radio as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Seems a bit cheap of Audi not to have it when all VW electric cars have internet radio as standard

Yes and No. The VW cars have internet radio if you get the Cubic Telecom data plan. You have to sign up and then it works. Whether that’s free or not depends on the car and deal in question. It’s not standard to have it free so it seems Audi are the same.

The VW cars do at the very least get it free for a few months.

Have you tried setting up a Cubic Telecom account and enter your VIN and then see if it offers you a free plan?

KCross wrote: »
    Yes and No. The VW cars have internet radio if you get the Cubic Telecom data plan. You have to sign up and then it works. Whether that’s free or not depends on the car and deal in question. It’s not standard to have it free so it seems Audi are the same.

The VW cars do at the very least get it free for a few months.

Have you tried setting up a Cubic Telecom account and enter your VIN and then see if it offers you a free plan?

Haven’t tried that, cheers will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dear internet users!

Tomorrow I will be posting my opinions on something.

I have written these opinions already, but you can't see them.

I want to build the anticipation of my posting these pre-written opinions, and that's why I'm telling you now.

Are you as excited as I am about my opinions?

I hope so.

Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Would have to agree.

Probably should have had a footnote that the link is sponsored by YouTube.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

I was disappointed too when I clicked the link last night and there was nothing there. What's the point?

Sorry lads - embargoed until midday today as per an agreement with Audi Ireland to give everyone a fair chance to prepare material.

Just posted the link so you'd be aware it is happening at 12.

I'll remove if it's a problem.

MarkN wrote: »
    Sorry lads - embargoed until midday today as per an agreement with Audi Ireland to give everyone a fair chance to prepare material.

Just posted the link so you'd be aware it is happening at 12.

I'll remove if it's a problem.
    No I think premieres on YouTube are pretty standard btw, especially where embargos etc are involved.

BTW as a recent sub (since the ID series), love the channel, keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

No I think premieres on YouTube are pretty standard btw, especially where embargos etc are involved.

BTW as a recent sub (since the ID series), love the channel, keep up the good work!

Its the only sub that I have that does advance notice of premieres but its fine, the whole internet is marketing nowadays anyway youre just creating as wide an audience as you can. I'm looking forward to watching it at 12.

Have seen a few videos of it already but I think a nicely specced A7 is a nicer looking car

Advertisement