Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding horizon set-top box behind partition wall.

• 01-07-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just wondering can you hide this set top box and maybe get a infrared remote control extender that connects into a usb port.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The remote is RF, so no line of sight needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

Thanks for the reply, i ll think i will give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

mick111112 wrote: »
    Just wondering can you hide this set top box and maybe get a infrared remote control extender that connects into a usb port.

I know a work colleague can operate the stb through a studed wall from the the bedroom to the living room, signal is carried on a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

mick111112 wrote: »

I know a work colleague can operate the stb through a studed wall from the the bedroom to the living room, signal is carried on a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Do you use it for WiFi, that would reduce your WiFi strength by up to 50%. Also it needs some ventilation so it doesn't overheat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

IMG-20200701-WA0005.jpg
    Thanks lads, working well so far, it's a false chimney breast so plenty of ventilation behind it.

Advertisement