Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Sofa

Options
  • 01-07-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hello
    looking for some advise please

I ordered a Sofa from Arnotts in January expected delivery 12weeks

Got a call in march to say Arnotts closing due to covid and my sofa would be delayed I was told I could cancel order or they would appreciate it I could wait

I said I would wait as I understood the situation

Last week we got a call to say Our Sofa was in and to pay balance and they would deliver I paid and they delivered Monday only problem it was the wrong Sofa after a full 5 months

I contacted Arnotts and they say I can have a refund or if I order again they will give 10% Discount but another 12 weeks delivery

I could get refund and they will give 100Euro Voucher as goodwill

I think this in no way compensates us for having to start again

Anyone any advise please

XL500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It’s worth at least €10k for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

Dav010 wrote: »
    It’s worth at least €10k for the inconvenience.

I presume thats a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no entitlement to compensation - only a refund - and the €100 voucher is on the high end of what you would ever get as goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hi op

take the refund, and the voucher, give away the voucher and shop elsewhere.

i dont know what else you expect to get, you dont get compensated for your time or the frustration. If the apology does not suffice take your business elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

xl500 wrote: »
    Hello
    looking for some advise please

I ordered a Sofa from Arnotts in January expected delivery 12weeks

Got a call in march to say Arnotts closing due to covid and my sofa would be delayed I was told I could cancel order or they would appreciate it I could wait

I said I would wait as I understood the situation

Last week we got a call to say Our Sofa was in and to pay balance and they would deliver I paid and they delivered Monday only problem it was the wrong Sofa after a full 5 months

I contacted Arnotts and they say I can have a refund or if I order again they will give 10% Discount but another 12 weeks delivery

I could get refund and they will give 100Euro Voucher as goodwill

I think this in no way compensates us for having to start again

Anyone any advise please

XL500

What else do you want? They're going to refund you and give you a €100 voucher on top. In fairness it's been an unprecedented 5 months and if at the end of it all all you got was the wrong sofa I think you're doing ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

KBurke85 wrote: »
    What else do you want? They're going to refund you and give you a €100 voucher on top. In fairness it's been an unprecedented 5 months and if at the end of it all all you got was the wrong sofa I think you're doing ok

Do you mind me asking how much the couch was?

Ireland offers some amazing handmade furniture straight from the upholsterer, if you have a look around.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did they take back the incorrect sofa? Can you use it til the new one is delivered?

What’s the 10% discount worth?

I know it’s inconvenient and annoying but you’ve waited this long. If you order off someone else you may still have to wait a further 12 weeks.

So you need to weigh up if the discount they are offering is greater than the refund and €100 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Spin down the M7 to Emo (jct 15) and Finline furniture will make what you want.

I think they have a showroom on longmile road too.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Spin down the M7 to Emo (jct 15) and Finline furniture will make what you want.

I think they have a showroom on longmile road too.

I did that went to Long mile i was on the point of buying one even picked the fabric with salesman but when i came to pay i baulked at the 100Euro Delivery

So the search goes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭893bet

Sounds tough OP.

Stay strong. Having to start over is going to be difficult.

I did that went to Long mile i was on the point of buying one even picked the fabric with salesman but when i came to pay i baulked at the 100Euro Delivery

So the search goes on

Probably 2 men, place it where you want it and take packaging away. No profit in that €100

Delivery costs money. It's either built into the price or detailed separately.

If the price displayed was €100 more and you got "free" delivery, would that have made a difference?

Probably 2 men, place it where you want it and take packaging away. No profit in that €100

Delivery costs money. It's either built into the price or detailed separately.

If the price displayed was €100 more and you got "free" delivery, would that have made a difference?

Well as you can see I was shopping around and 100Euro Delivery was the dearest by far I came across also there was a small alteration to be made to the sofa again that was an extra 250

Anyway there was no leeway whatsoever on the price so I walked and a 2300 Euro Sofa stayed in the Showroom

I have since purchased a sofa and was delighted with the service and delivery charge which was dropped to get the sale well done EZ Living Blanch Town Centre

EZ living are decent too. None of the bs of DFS.

EZ living are decent too. None of the bs of DFS.

yes I went there because they are irish cant stand DFS and their marketing style

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Bear in mind that you'll probably end up waiting another 12-16 weeks no matter who you go with, as not many places keep sofas in stock, particularly if you want an unusual colour or anything.

If you really like that particular sofa, I'd go with the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

yes I went there because they are irish cant stand DFS and their marketing style

We got our new sofa in Ez living interiors (Sandyford) not to be confused with EZ living furniture. They're two completely diff companies which i didnt know. Interiors have fab stuff and the staff are lovely. We've just ordered a dining set off them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Telly wrote: »
    We got our new sofa in Ez living interiors (Sandyford) not to be confused with EZ living furniture. They're two completely diff companies which i didnt know. Interiors have fab stuff and the staff are lovely. We've just ordered a dining set off them too.

I thought they were the same company!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Truckermal wrote: »

Me too until the sales person in EZ furniture was rude to me about getting them mixed up so i walked out of her shop and bought my sofa through the other company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Truckermal wrote: »
    Telly wrote: »
    Me too until the sales person in EZ furniture was rude to me about getting them mixed up so i walked out of her shop and bought my sofa through the other company.

I thought they were the same too - but part of a franchise. But seems there was an umbrella buying group set up by some retailers (Michael Murphy's traded as EZ Living for a while too) and they used a common trading name.

I'm just guessing that it didn't go to plan and the Cork guys went with "Interiors" and the Galway guys went with "furniture" and the others reverted to their original names.

Certainly the Cork (EZInteriors) stores used to be called Right Price Furniture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement