Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of barbers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

This thread is nearly better than the one about grass from a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Because not everyone gets their hair sheered off. When there is a few different blade lengths, scissors , blending, probably two phases of drying to check things are sitting right when dry, cut throat razor on neck, eyebrows etc it all adds up.

I wouldn’t even be the longest by any means, lads getting below zero fades etc get charged extra as it takes even longer.

Two phases of drying !!! Where the heck do you get your haircut. Must cost ya a fortune in Peter Marks by sounds of it.

mjp wrote: »
    Two phases of drying !!! Where the heck do you get your haircut. Must cost ya a fortune in Peter Marks by sounds of it.

No its not peter marks its a barber but not in Galway as I've yet to find one there that I'm happy with.

20 euro up from 17 before covid is the cost same as a 3 all over costs where I go, only below zero fades cost more. You cut hair wet but need to dry it to check its sitting right, then wet again to finish and dry before leaving and styling thats what I mean. Pretty standard for anyone I see getting their hair cut where I go bar people who get very tight hair cuts.

It shows why I avoid most barbers as the fact people dont encounter this tells me they aren't going to good barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Nox after his haircut

Kr9AowP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Am_I_Will_

Hi folks, does anyone know if "Professional Barbers" in Oranmore are back open? Its the one down the side lane of centra, tried calling but no answer. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Because not everyone gets their hair sheered off. When there is a few different blade lengths, scissors , blending, probably two phases of drying to check things are sitting right when dry, cut throat razor on neck, eyebrows etc it all adds up.

I wouldn’t even be the longest by any means, lads getting below zero fades etc get charged extra as it takes even longer.

There’s dogs in crufts and they haven’t half that pampering got.2 phases of drying to see how it will sit??ive heard it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Whitehorse

Castlebar barbers seem to have agreed on €18 for a dry cut. Before lockdown it varied from €10-15. One was €18 plus €3 extra for a mask if you hadn't ur own!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

No its not peter marks its a barber but not in Galway as I've yet to find one there that I'm happy with.

20 euro up from 17 before covid is the cost same as a 3 all over costs where I go, only below zero fades cost more. You cut hair wet but need to dry it to check its sitting right, then wet again to finish and dry before leaving and styling thats what I mean. Pretty standard for anyone I see getting their hair cut where I go bar people who get very tight hair cuts.

It shows why I avoid most barbers as the fact people dont encounter this tells me they aren't going to good barbers.

Any good tips where to get a good pedicure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

In fairness, Nox isn't wrong. There are plenty of lads who get a 3 all over in under 10 mins but there also loads who get zero fades and a decent one does take time. Throw in getting the beard trimmed and edged and you're easily looking at over half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    In fairness, Nox isn't wrong. There are plenty of lads who get a 3 all over in under 10 mins but there also loads who get zero fades and a decent one does take time. Throw in getting the beard trimmed and edged and you're easily looking at over half an hour.

I’ve been resisting, but I have to ask. What’s a zero fade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

?Cee?view wrote: »
    I’ve been resisting, but I have to ask. What’s a zero fade?

I thought it was when you hit a golf ball straight :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Google skin fade. The haircut 90% of under 21s seem to have these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A zero fade the last day took the guts of/if not more than the 30 minute window last weekend for me in fairness. Was in a Fat Tony's too but I think it was 20 including tip but I was happy enough with it after 4 months of self-haircuts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

A zero fade the last day took the guts of/if not more than the 30 minute window last weekend for me in fairness. Was in a Fat Tony's too but I think it was 20 including tip but I was happy enough with it after 4 months of self-haircuts :pac:

Are you a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GALWAYGUY2019

If a barber is only doing 2 cut's an hour they won't be long getting shown the door from the owner.

More realistic to do 4 an hour . I agree that there is a lot of overheads like any other business.

I was averaging to cover quieter periods also as there not cutting from second they open till the close.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it a Young Offenders cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

flazio wrote: »
    Is it a Young Offenders cut?

From Googling, it’s a combination of that and the less stylish elements of the Peaky Blinders look. Think of your typical new “suit” for the Galway Races type 😂

I went to Crew on Shop St. Was surprised with how busy town was that there was no wait or anyone came in the time I was there. Advertised price was e15... they gave me a disposable mask and it was still e15. Seemed fair a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

?Cee?view wrote: »
    From Googling, it’s a combination of that and the less stylish elements of the Peaky Blinders look. Think of your typical new “suit” for the Galway Races type ��

I call it the shit GAA haircut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

The Bert look from Sesame Street is very popular these days.

Every time I see one it gives me a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

€15 for a top class cut today by Joe in One step ahead in town. Nothing like the gouging going on by lot of the other establishments across town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

€15 for a top class cut today by Joe in One step ahead in town. Nothing like the gouging going on by lot of the other establishments across town.

Yeah, I was told about that spot a couple of weeks back. €11 euro cheaper than my last cut. That’s crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm assuming Joe and the two Mikes are accepting walk-ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'm assuming Joe and the two Mikes are accepting walk-ins?

Yep, there was a queue outside the first week or so after opening but seems to have calmed a bit since. Think they allow three inside between the two seating areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Stewball wrote: »
    Anyone been in to the barber a few doors down from Mr.Price in Terryland?

That's my usual port of call - wondering has he increased his prices by much?

I went there the other day, it was €16. Think it was €14 before, so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Any recommendations for appoinment only barbers?

Can't be dealing with queueing/waiting.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

WallyGUFC wrote: »

Half a f...... hour?

I get my hair cut in about the 10 minute mark. And the eyebrows are 'done' also.

Some gentlemen like the bit of pampering.

No. Ten minutes is perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Getting ripped off lads, between €10.50 and €12 out here for a haircut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Top chief

Have been to plenty of barbers , usd to get a 10er hair cut found a place now thats perfect listens to what you actually want when I say just a small bit off the top I dont come out butchered.

Book in when ever walk straight in no waiting around book who you want, along with a beer ( once not driving)

Well worth 22 euro and always give a tip

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 leocullensface

Have the barber copped on to themselves yet? I’ve been cutting my hair at home since March and am in no rush back

Advertisement