Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of barbers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭TwoWheeledTim

Got a chop in Upper Cut in Knocknacarra. Online booking for 30min slot. €16.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

€15 and just walked in and sat in the chair today. The rush is over.

Not sure if it's mentioned yet but spotted Kozzy's aren't doing appointments, they have a ticket system and the next number is shown on a screen in the window. So you can wait outside, grab a coffee etc..

The appointment system is far superior to the old way of waiting or even getting a ticket. Book the barber you want, show up 2 or 3 mins before you time and get seen within minutes and done again in 30 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The appointment system is far superior to the old way of waiting or even getting a ticket. Book the barber you want, show up 2 or 3 mins before you time and get seen within minutes and done again in 30 mins or so.

Agree completely. Again today, I pull up and park at the door at 11. She's running a bit late, but at 11.04 I'm sitting in the chair. No other customers milling around as the next appointment is at 11.30.

• Advertisement

Agreed. Also they don't rush when busy as they don't have another customer for 30 mins anyway.

Upper Cut is doing a mix of both, appointments early in the day and walk-in in the evenings. Would be willing to pay a bit extra for an appointment slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I can see the pro & cons of both the booking system and the belong able to grab a coffee or do one or two jobs while you wait in line, but personally I prefer the booking system. You can better plan your day or jobs as you have an exact time etc.

I remember queuing for over 90 mins at peak times before and that is eliminated now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Major Fader FTW.

They been using the appointment system since they first opened 3 years ago but they are the best in town IMHO.

I gave them a go as I was sick of waiting up to an hour at the best of times to get my hair cut only to be rushed out of the seat no sooner than I sat down & only a half decent job done at the best of times.

Not only do they provide the booking system but they also take their time & tailor the experience to each customer depending on the type of cut they want & take their time & do it right.

I'm speaking from someone who has used 3 of the more popular barbers mentioned around the city in the years before I was using MF.

2 of which have told their employees to only spend x amount of time doing their customers no matter the cut. I know this as I know a barber who was my regular for a while across both barber shops, in both cases he was told this & got a bit of a bollocking for it.

He's since opened up his own place in town & I hope it goes well for him.

Each to their own of course. If you're after a quick & simple back & sides jobs or just a quick trim then not much odds I suppose but for more detailed cuts like skin fades, beard trims, hair art, etc... then I think MF are the best.

Prices are very reasonable also & you can see them all on the Booksy app & an added bonus is that the two girls who work in there are sound out & great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Prices do seem to be going up again as paid a new figure for dry hair cut e24 think it was which included but declined hair washed ouch in Cabinteely so check prices around if getting hair cut.Maybe new guide lines have done this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

greasepalm wrote: »
    Prices do seem to be going up again as paid a new figure for dry hair cut e24 think it was which included but declined hair washed ouch in Cabinteely so check prices around if getting hair cut.Maybe new guide lines have done this

Cabinteely?
    In Dublin?
    Are you lost?

• Advertisement

My God, never again will I take a seat and wait if theres some young lads getting fade cuts.

I was sitting 30 odd minutes on my lunch just to be seen.

Two getting cut, one waiting. 30mins later. Three being cut and still waiting.
    All three with that same poxy haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My God, never again will I take a seat and wait if theres some young lads getting fade cuts.

Was this a walk-in gilberto?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Went this morning to local one in the village. Two man outfit. There was one in the chair and one waiting. Second shearer, arrived and took him. Mine was a straight forward 2-3ans 4 on the blades. I was away again in 20 minutes after arriving. 10euro and good for 5-6weeks

Slava Ukrainii

Was this a walk-in gilberto?

Yeah.

When I saw two cutting and one sitting I didnt think I'd be there long but I've learned for next time.

If you're on the clock youd want to see a free chair to chance it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yeah.

When I saw two cutting and one sitting I didnt think I'd be there long but I've learned for next time.

If you're on the clock youd want to see a free chair to chance it.

Tis a sickener for sure. I like the new booking system in my spot but I'd be risking it during the working week to make it back within the hour break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I was going to Fat Tony’s for years but I am not paying €24.
    My wages haven’t gone up and I cannot see their running costs gone up that much.

I was paying €18 pre-COVID.

That doesn’t include tips.

https://fattonyslifestyle.com/pages/price-list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

sgthighway wrote: »
    I was going to Fat Tony’s for years but I am not paying €24.
    My wages haven’t gone up and I cannot see their running costs gone up that much.

I was paying €18 pre-COVID.

That doesn’t include tips.

https://fattonyslifestyle.com/pages/price-list

Yikes. Can't say I would be happy to pay that at Fat Tony's. My last time going there (approx. 1 year ago) the cut was not great and lasted maybe 3-4 weeks before I needed to go again. I found a new barber in Cork who was charging €25 for a much superior service. As mentioned earlier in this thread, he now charges €30 (this was a pre-COVID change) but it is still very much good value.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

The neighbor cuts mine for 10. Most barber's if you have one in your area will cut for cash in hand from your house.

May not be 10 but would be cheaper then using the Salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

I usually let the wife do my hair as its only a No.2 all over so I rarely use barbers but I've used Headmasters in Doughiska twice this year:

Feb: €12 plus I gave €3 tip
    Sept: €20! No tip at that price i'm afraid.

Same cut No.2 all over but this times barber spent an age just generally snipping bits which ended in a worse cut than my wife would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Anyone know if Arch Barbers in Claregalway is walk in? I usually go to Fat tonys but no appointments today at the time that suits me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

etxp wrote: »
    Anyone know if Arch Barbers in Claregalway is walk in? I usually go to Fat tonys but no appointments today at the time that suits me.

Im pretty sure it is all walk ins down there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

There’s lads would knock and shear 20 heavy ewes in that time daggins and all. I wouldn’t have a notion of waiting for that long.id rather cut it at home with a hacksaw before I’d be at that

Unless your are getting your hair shorn off its going to take time, Im not sure why people don't get that.

I don't get fades which take even longer and my hair cuts take at least 30 mins, you couldn't do it any faster and do it right.

etxp wrote: »

€17 for anyone that's interested. Take a ticket and wait in your car or sit down if there is space.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Slightly off topic but where would ye lads recommended for a beard trim in town?
    Have been growing the beard out for the first time for 3 months now approx, and need to get some shape on it at this stage.
    Haven't been to a barber myself for a long time, I just DIY shave the head myself, will be keeping that going too.
    Recommendations welcome, and how much can I expect to pay for a beard trim/tidy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Slightly off topic but where would ye lads recommended for a beard trim in town?
    Have been growing the beard out for the first time for 3 months now approx, and need to get some shape on it at this stage.
    Haven't been to a barber myself for a long time, I just DIY shave the head myself, will be keeping that going too.
    Recommendations welcome, and how much can I expect to pay for a beard trim/tidy?

I could be wrong, but AFAIK barbers aren't doing beard trims atm since re-opening due to customers having to wear the masks.

I know that's the case in mine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but AFAIK barbers aren't doing beard trims atm since re-opening due to customers having to wear the masks.

I know that's the case in mine anyway.

Ya.. should have thought of that. Thanks.
    I'll have to sharpen the scissors...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Joey321

Get a clippers, get wife to do it, it's not rocket science, 25+ for a haircut ffs, 20_25% price increase since reopen in most places, must be big windows in them there barbers. You know the old saying, a fool and his money............

Joey321 wrote: »
    Get a clippers, get wife to do it, it's not rocket science, 25+ for a haircut ffs, 20_25% price increase since reopen in most places, must be big windows in them there barbers. You know the old saying, a fool and his money............

You know the old saying, each to their own...………..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

the 2 barbers ive gone to since the reopening have done mine no questions asked.

Advertisement