Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of barbers

Options
123457»

Comments

It’s madness if barbers are doing beard trims at the moment, very risky. Not sure why anyone would want to expose themselves to the risk either.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Joey321 wrote: »
    Get a clippers, get wife to do it, it's not rocket science, 25+ for a haircut ffs, 20_25% price increase since reopen in most places, must be big windows in them there barbers. You know the old saying, a fool and his money............

If I let herself near me with a clippers I wont have a beard anymore... not looking for a haircut.. not a notion of paying that for one. The beard is getting serious and not sure where to start tidying it up myself. Will try a couple of places around town and see if they'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

It’s madness if barbers are doing beard trims at the moment, very risky. Not sure why anyone would want to expose themselves to the risk either.

They use PPE I'm.sure.. anyway all they have to do is say no..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Yeah, it’s madness dentists are open too! Anything to make a quick buck. Dam dentists

skinny90 wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s madness dentists are open too! Anything to make a quick buck. Dam dentists

I would have vastly more trust in a dentists ability to minimise risk than a barber. From my own 2 trips to the barber they are mostly clueless and wouldn’t fancy letting them near my face.

Also dentist is an essential service getting a beard trimmed is very far from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

I've only been once since they've reopened and was charged nearly double the price I normally paid and even had to run back to the car for extra cash. Was so embarrassing. I understand why they are charging extra but seemed excessive. I don't always go to the same barber as some seem to mess up. I always get a simple 2 and a scissors but would sometimes turn into a prison haircut as they don't understand a small bit off the top. I usually go two to three months before each cut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Book a dentist appointment & bring in your clippers.

The steady hand of a dentist & all that, it wouldn't be the worst job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

skinny90 wrote: »

A lot of Dentists are also using a machine that's designed to kill bacteria including covid in the air . The machine cleans most normal sized rooms in about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Book a dentist appointment & bring in your clippers.

The steady hand of a dentist & all that, it wouldn't be the worst job.

beard shaped and lined up well/teeth squeaky clean, id pay for that combo! :D

Advertisement