Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time house buyer - alarm

Options
  • 01-07-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

As the title suggests, bought our first house, and looking at moving in towards the end of the summer.

Its a new build so no pre-existing alarm in place and I'm trying to suss my options.

At the moment I am leaning towards homesecure or network security. Both have similar pricing plans, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, in particular when it comes to end of contract and going self monitored?

Is there other providers I haven't considered that people would recommend?

I'm not very "handy" so would be reluctant to try installing a system myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is your preference to go with a provider that you pay for the system over a few years rather than a provider whereby you pay for the system in one go and then a option for notification going forward ?

Also is the house pre wired for an alarm system and are the necessary cables at the perimeter windows and doors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

To be honest probably more inclined to spread the costs, given all the other expenses we are getting hit with in purchasing the house, furnishing etc.

The house is pre-wired for an alarm to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dad22332244

I'd go Network Security have one myself and its a right job, I use the phone and see the pictures I bought 2 extra camers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Faker74 wrote: »
    To be honest probably more inclined to spread the costs, given all the other expenses we are getting hit with in purchasing the house, furnishing etc.

The house is pre-wired for an alarm to the best of my knowledge.

Of course all the costs at this stage have to managed etc.
    All i can do is wish you all the best with it, other posters like the one above as customers of the companies you mentioned would be the best advisers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

If you can, pay out straight for a good system from a reputable installer. Get at least 3 quotes and then add up the install and monitoring costs and will you own the equipment.
    Read some of the reviews on the 2 companies you mentioned against paying outright to get a system that you will own.
    I got a HKC system installed for my home approx 450 and i pay 60 euro a year for monitoring and so far not a bother with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement