Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating Home owners

Options
  • 01-07-2020 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

How can I find out who owns a house?
    I am looking to buy a house that is not for sale but don't know who the owners are.
    Old house that hasn't been lived in over 20 years. Elderly couple passed away and left it to relatives in America. Locals/neighbors don't know who owns it either.
    is there somewhere i can find who owns it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Stanford

Try Landdirect.ie to search the online map and get the Folio No, then you can search that or have your Solicitor do it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thecairn

thanks for that. i have a folio number, where do i search who owns that then?

Open an account below and you can buy a Folio Search which will give you the last registered owners and boundary details etc. as well as any charges on the land, alternatively all Solicitors will already have an account

https://www.prai.ie/land-registry-services/

Advertisement