Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Fees on New House

Options
  • 01-07-2020 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

My partner and I are looking at new builds in Galway and have found one within our budget.
    No contacts have been signed, as we're finalising the mortgage approval, but the contract mentions management fees.
    The houses have two parking spaces per house, but no front garden and rear garden is private. We are meeting the solicitor in the next two weeks to go through the contract in greater detail, but is this the norm with houses?
    I understand with apartments, where there are communal stairs and dorrs, lights etc., but our bins etc will be paid for by us, so this is putting me off the house.
    Any advice would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Its pretty standard yes. It'll typically be a lot less than it would be in an apartment though. Its generally to cover the maintenance of the common areas in the estate - i.e. keeping the grass cut, landscaping, etc, other routine maintenance (e.g. street lighting) and sewerage treatment (if you're not on the mains)

Advertisement