Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Broadband - Top up account

• 01-07-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to put a 3g / 4g router into an old shed. Its used as a work area and has very thick walls, so in general mobile coverage is poor. I have tried a 4g router (vodafone) and managed to get partial reception, nothing to write home about but it is enough to stream spotify, use whatsapp etc. which is enough!

Of course the only way to pick up reception is to have the router positioned in an awkward, not so easy to reach position. So ideally I need to have the router dedicated to that spot.

Had a look at the various pre pay offers out there but based on how rarely the area is used I don't really want to have to pay any kind of monthly fee. Anyone know if any of the providers are offering any kind of offers where you buy a chunk of data rather than paying for 30 days?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Eir used to do 180 day but stopped it much to the annoyance of a lot of their customers including myself.

An external aerial would help with reception.

Advertisement