Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building a wall 2 metres high by 1.1 metres wide by

• 01-07-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi. I have to build a 2 metre high wall by 1.1 metres wide at the back of my shed. The problem is that the front of the wall is only 100mm back from a existing concrete plinth. One side of the wall will be against a vertical timber support and the other will be our boundary wall. So I am limited in the size of my foundation, as I can only go a 100mm in front of my wall and literally the width of the wall. Should I be concerned? But there is a concrete plinth in front of it and a boundary wall on one side.

I have attached a image of what I am working with. The proposed wall is in red.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 Bagels4me

Hi. I have to build a 2 metre high wall by 1.1 metres wide at the back of my shed. The problem is that the front of the wall is only 100mm back from a existing concrete plinth. One side of the wall will be against a vertical timber support and the other will be our boundary wall. So I am limited in the size of my foundation, as I can only go a 100mm in front of my wall and literally the width of the wall. Should I be concerned? But there is a concrete plinth in front of it and a boundary wall on one side.

I have attached a image of what I am working with. The proposed wall is in red.

Thanks everyone!

Can you build it out of timber instead of block? You can fix in to the timber post and the wall on the other side
    Save yourself work digging a foundation, concrete etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I suggest digging out the soil, filling with as much concrete as you can, and then tying the new wall into the existing boundary wall. The right angle will give it stability.

Google "wall starter kit".

You'd basically be infilling between and around existing foundations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,677 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Hi. I have to build a 2 metre high wall by 1.1 metres wide at the back of my shed.
    Why?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement