Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blinds installed today - not happy

• 01-07-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, can anyone advise what they would do here? I got new blinds installed today. Pics attached. During the Sales visit I specifically asked if new/additional holes would be drilled into the window frames and I was told no, everything would match up on installation. Low and behold today I see that they drilled new holes into my window frames. I'm so annoyed. Rang them and he talked over me, denied agreeing to that and said their blinds are a different size to the old ones so he was never going to be able to match them up. What would you do in this situation? Theres also several other problems with them

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The holes can be filled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

Well name and shame to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

It doesn't look like that bottom right bracket is square plus I wouldn't put up with countersunk chipboard screws in that location I'd expect decorative head screws to be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

Looks a poor job that. Where did you get the blinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Are there many windows like that? I wouldn't be happy with that at all surely they have some blank off brackets I'm sure this can't be the first time they came accross this problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Have you gone from a roller to a venetian ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

Why did they not screw into the top of the recess instead?

Advertisement