Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rain trousers - Galvin Green Packlite or Footjoy HLV2

Options
  • 02-07-2020 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Advice please. With all the rain we have been getting in the past few weeks I am considering getting new light-weight rain trousers mainly for use during summer. I have had Galvin Green trousers for many years that are great but quite heavy-weight. I bought a new "pull-over" Galvin Green rain jacket last year that is super lightweight and can take the heaviest rain with ease. Now I would like to get light weight trousers mainly for summer use and keep my other set for the debts of winter. I am looking at either the Galvin Green Arthur Gore-tex Packlite or Footjoy HLV2 trousers... Any thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I have the GG Packlite for a number of years and they're excellent. I played in horrible conditions last night, sticky humid but with torrential rain and they were excellent. 100% waterproof and breathable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Another vote here for packlite, they are quality, pricey no doubt but well worth it imo especially if you play a couple of times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Haven’t heard of HVL2 but I’ve had paclite GG before and currently have DryJoys Select rain gear and it’s miles ahead of paclite, so thin and 100% waterproof even after a whole round in pouring rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Haven’t heard of HVL2 but I’ve had paclite GG before and currently have DryJoys Select rain gear and it’s miles ahead of paclite, so thin and 100% waterproof even after a whole round in pouring rain.

Apparently the HLV2 is the latest FJ model rain trousers. They look and feel good. McGuirkes do not have the GG packlite in stock to check/compare and they are likely to be about 50e more than the HLV2... so are they worth the difference.

Advertisement