Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

€3 box at the local at 9:30 AM today ! gave it a pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭uli84

Silly question, “ends tomorrow” on the coupon means i can still use it tomorrow, right? Or is today the last day? Thx

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yeah, you can use it on the day it expires, so tomorrow in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭crayon80

New scratch card

15% off selected Fin carre products ie 22 chocolate bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Scratch n Win now termed Lucky Surprise

50% off Chewing Gum or Fruit Barley

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

As mentioned above..

Post edited by go4it on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EW558

Ju

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

Warning : This item is free as the 'free unlimited broadband' : reading the small print* ( at the top ) helps to avoid 'confusion' at the till

*T&C: free when you spend €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Buffman

So they've gone from this:

to this:

Spot the difference. I guess they've cut their font size to match their cut in 'discounts'!

(Edit, just to avoid confusion, the bottom one is only free with a €10 spend as go4it posted above)

Post edited by Buffman on

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Better to get something free than be held to ransom to spend €30

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's not free though, that's my point. Read the super small print. You've fallen into the same trap I suspect lots of others will and be 'tricked' into buying something they assume is free.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Nollog

Advertising standards of Ireland might like to look at the font sizes of that there...

That for sure wouldn't stand too long in countries with actual advertising standards.

I'd suggest you all go to ASAI's website to complain, but holy christ is it a pain in the hole, and a blast from the 1990's websites --- minus the scrolling text and gifs everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EarWig

Particularly as many are looking at this on a phone. Lidl have lost the plot.

it isnt worth using the lidl plus app now unless they have the park and run freebie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭zell12

But they have the Irish Surprises next week. Are yis not dying with anticipation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

worth it for the digital receipts, so that I can see that (for example) the cat food we buy has increased by 45% in a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭ECookie13

A perfect example of why Lidl are doing this. This will be the regular unless it's clamped down on, and with the speed, the cashiers go at, you'll have to be watching the till screen like a hawk.

• Advertisement

the free items are gone and they wont be back going by the other countries that had the app first, this is the standard practice

they can keep their pretend free gifts and shove them

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Always thought the Lidle app was a load of shee-ite but that it might be just me .

Mebbe the grim gimlet eyed beurs that prowl the aisles of the German Supermarket had cracked it and were loading their trollies with free goodies that poor Nev was unaware of ?

But no ...thankfully I see I was right ...and this excellent thread has vindicated my thoughts.

Thank you all soow muuuch ....

That post was hard to translate

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭markw7

Just in case they still have a few customers left....This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN952 and will allow you a choice between premium baby potatoes and fresh orange juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I can help you ! What bits gave you trouble ....is the Kings English your first language ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Minimarkcork

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was in a rush the last day, didn't fully check my receipt, later I read an item "handkerchiefs 1.99" and I can't account for it as the tissues I bought are on the receipt and nothing else adds to that.. That is my first experience of it with them as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I see next weeks brochure has a full page dedicated to explaining to customers how to get bananas, spuds, lettuce & apples to last for longer. My spidey senses were pricked here because Ive noticed a sizeable decline in how long their bananas last in the last few months. They go from green shading to fully yellow to developing brown spots in 3-4 days. I had thought to myself they might be buying cheaper fruit that doesnt last as long after purchase as thats certainly been my experience of late.

Im guessing that they have had lots of complaints about it and now their answer is to publish this telling customers how to store them in the hope of getting a day or two extra. Its no bad thing to be honest but to me there has been a definite decline in how long their fruit lasts compared to how long it lasted 12 months ago and this instructional leaflet would seem to confirm an attempt to head off complaints

As far as I know bananas all come into cork and dublin ports and then get packaged for the various shops

we picked some up from SuperValu and they went from green to brown spots in two days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

In my opinion, fruit that lasts for a week or more must be full of chemicals. So your theory sounds wrong. From what I see, from growing some fruit myself with no chemicals it goes soft and ripe within 2 to 3 days and might get a 4th day out of it.

In other countries like Mediterranean ones, did you ever look at the fruit sold in the supermarkets. Would all be thrown out in this country. Fruit should not be in a package full of plastic first of all then people want their fruit to look all shiny, perfectly round and last for weeks.

Advertisement