Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I was able to avoid the blueberries trap but I fell for the soups one. Only the €1.75 ones are on offer I got €1.99 ones. It really puts me off going into Lidl. I wish our local Dunnes would open as late, I'd never go to Lidl as I find this nonsense irritating and the food subpar. I prefer the €5 off €25 Dunnes vouchers, far more straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I got the blueberries but there was no product label showing the price for the 125g packet (the free one), only the 250g packet. Both items were placed side-by-side and look identical when viewed on the shelf - it's only when you compare the plastic container sizes where you can see the difference.

I also had the free apple juice from last week and guess what, the product label for the free one was also missing. The only label showing for the apple juice was the 'cloudy' one which was not free.

I believe both labels were removed on purpose as it is too much of a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

how can you claim to be stung by lidl for picking up the wrong item, it is basic shopping skills to check what you are purchasing

buyer beware and all that

i picked them up and did not get stung

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

No this is a deliberate policy by Lidl though not sure whether it's central or local management.

We had the ongoing porridge saga where they clear the shelves of the discount porridge and fill them instead with the expense non-discount packs.

And they regularly "mistakenly" stack products under the wrong label.

The best way to deal with this is to always bring the item back the next day you're shopping. Your receipt is on your Lidl+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭crayon80

I agree

This missing product/wrong product on shelf business is happening way too often on too many offers and in too many stores to be a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 s.k.w.

I agree, it can't possibly be because the staff have so much to do they miss things, it's definitely that the staff love having a little giggle to themselves every time they scam someone!

Okay so we have posters clearly thinking that lidl is a big con job and out to scam customers which is oaky if that is how they feel, but you would have to wonder then why said posters continue to use that shop and engage with the thread.

If i use a shop and feel like i have been ripped off or scammed there is not a hope of me stepping foot in there again.

on a similar but side note :-

While shopping in aldi recently i noticed a lady picking up 20 family packs of strawberries saying to the man beside here they are only €1.99 but aldi have changed the labelling system and the price used to be above the item and now it is below, it is a clever idea but is it a scam ? nope anyway said strawberries were €5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Really depends on what store you are in my local is usually good but went to one next town over bought meat recently which was 2 days out of date. I emailed customer service who apologised and told me to return it to my local store for a refund. There was a time they would offer you compensation via money off through the app but not any more. Will I continue to use lidl yes, will I check dates now ….definitely.

Anyone buy lidl firefighters recently, did I just get a bad packet, finding them complete rubbish in so far as they are hard to light and keep lighting.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

We would really need some staff posting here. Maybe manager's incentives do cause some game playing.

Also, I've often wondered about the heavily discounted food. It would be natural for staff to let a friend know when the good stuff is being marked down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

most companies have a social media/internet postings policy ( postings that refers to company's products or could affect reputation ) - no one wants to get sacked for posting online.

as for discounted items - a bit like perks of the job ; same as clearance items in Currys or Tesco - only staff knows how many left and where are hidden/placed on the shelves

About 'moaning online' - face book posts/rant could be deleted by page owner; blogs/boards &Co is seen as customer feedback - even if no one from Lidl reads this thread ( highly doubted ) , the bots will read/index and process : info will get there eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

They've made it to the big time.

‘I feel misled by Lidl’s massive advertising campaigns using special offers’

https://www.irishtimes.com/your-money/2023/04/17/pricewatch-a-lidl-bit-of-rage-over-middle-aisle-shortages/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭markw7

This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN858 and will allow you a choice between Italian style salad and microwaveable baby potatoes to help fuel you for, or recover from, your weekly parkrun.

Please note, the code can be entered into the ‘Redeem code’ section of the Lidl Plus app from tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday night. Once activated, the voucher must be redeemed in store by next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Nollog

That's just one greedy customers buying all the wine and Lidl not enforcing their "X per customer" rule, for anyone curious but not curious enough to click.

Back in my teens working for a supermarket we were always told not to put the stuff under the wrong label and if there was no label to report it to the manager, because there was a big 5,000 euro fine if someone else reports it to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

In Glasnevin today, Frozen Duck and Turkey bargains for your freezer. Crowns reduced from €15.99 to €9.99, €5 off the Ducks and small Turkeys €14.99 to €9.99. Don't know if it's just Glasnevin, not too many left.

Lidl: As Fresh Food Partner, we are rewarding parkrunners for their efforts with a free product coupon to be redeemed on the Lidl Plus rewards app every week. This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN159 and will allow you a choice between Bramley apples and unsalted cashew nuts to help fuel you for, or recover from, your weekly parkrun.

1. starts thursday morning as usual folks

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭The Gardener

They've been listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

No 10 off 50 on my app :( Dunnes it still so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 henrychan610

Any experience problem.the parkrun code can't redeem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

try again now.

maybe the chap who fixes the errors works 9 to 5

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

I thought it doesn’t work until 9am normally 🤷‍♂️

I got €3 off €30 on my scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I have found this happened several times in the past - code not working until after 9 on Thursday morning. So I reckon you may be right. It is definitely possible that somewhere out there in the internet is a button on a server that needs to be pressed by a Lidl employee rather than an automated thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Enduro

I have a 10 off 50 voucher that expires in 3 days that I won't be using. I'd be happy to let anyone else use it who can make use of it have a go at suing it (along with all the other lidl plus offers I won't be using). PM me if anyone wants to give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭crayon80

New scratchcards for May.

1. 30% off Trattoria Alfredo

2. 50% off rice cakes or tuna

This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN060 and will allow you a choice between fresh broccoli and squeezy clear honey to help fuel you for, or recover from, your weekly parkrun.

starts thursday 9am

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was in there yesterday and was meant to buy honey but I forgot so this is convenient timing

• Advertisement

this is more likely going to be honey flavoured goo rather than actual honey

Advertisement