Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Do you only get one scratch card per week? I’ve been to lidl twice this week but only got one scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,006 ✭✭✭✭zell12

y0zfp84.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

I can't stress how much I love this app. Especially the scratch and win. I won 50c off next shopping last week so I used it and i swore I won the lottery.

I activate the coupons I want to use before I enter the store and scan my card before they start scanning my shopping and recieve my digital recipit

My partner thinks I'm a weirdo but it's made shopping more interesting and I can actually find decent things.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Febreeze wrote: »
    I can't stress how much I love this app. Especially the scratch and win. I won 50c off next shopping last week so I used it and i swore I won the lottery.

I activate the coupons I want to use before I enter the store and scan my card before they start scanning my shopping and recieve my digital recipit

My partner thinks I'm a weirdo but it's made shopping more interesting and I can actually find decent things.

My wife said it's me or the App. That I wasnt paying her enough attention or something like that. She ended up downloading the Italian version just to make me feel jealous. Its promising her treats and delights but she'll just end up heartbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

zell12 wrote: »
    y0zfp84.jpg

Happy to see less sweets and junk on it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

OmegaGene wrote: »
    All the information is in the app

Why didn't I receive a scratch card after my purchase?

- That you have receieved a Scratch & Win in the last 72 hours (customers will only receive one scratch card per 72 hour period).

I live close to a Lidl and use it as a local shop, popping in and out several times a week. The 72 hours is the hardest thing to understand about this app. I contacted Lidl asking for an explanation -

"The Scratch and Win coupons are assigned once there is 72 hours between each transaction. The last trasnaction before the 14/08 was the 12/08 and 72 hours would not have passed. The 72 hours starts from the latest transaction, therefore it the time period from the 10/08 would not be applicable as the Lidl Plus app was sued on the 12/08."

Basically I had gone into Lidl on three occasions, 10th, 12th, an 14th and no scratch card(s). Obviously regular customers are penalised here.

The only sure way to get one of the absolutely magnificent things on offer is to make sure you leave at least 3 days between visits.:rolleyes:

BowWow wrote: »
    I live close to a Lidl and use it as a local shop, popping in and out several times a week. The 72 hours is the hardest thing to understand about this app. I contacted Lidl asking for an explanation -.....
    The only sure way to get one of the absolutely magnificent things on offer is to make sure you leave at least 3 days between visits.:rolleyes:
    Write back to them, tell them to give everyone a freebie on every (hourly) visit. Explain to them that they are a charity, not a business with costs and bills and employees. Tell them clearly that you do not comprehend why they don't throw free stuff at everyone constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

zell12 wrote: »
    Write back to them, tell them to give everyone a freebie on every (hourly) visit. Explain to them that they are a charity, not a business with costs and bills and employees. Tell them clearly that you do not comprehend why they don't throw free stuff at everyone constantly

And while your at it you can throw rogie and thargors 34 cent sweets back at them too:pac::p Tell them "they aint gud enuff for me"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

The Turkey now includes mince so you've to activate it again
    The baby one has to be reactivated as well, dunno why. Anyone know what Baby Hygiene products are?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

123654789 wrote:
    The Turkey now includes mince so you've to activate it again The baby one has to be reactivated as well, dunno why. Anyone know what Baby Hygiene products are?

Baby powder, wipes, nappy bags... That sort of thing. They had them sectioned off and marked as Lidl plus products in my local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Head wrecking the way they make tweaks and you have to activate an offer again. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Nollog

I live close to a Lidl and use it as a local shop, popping in and out several times a week. The 72 hours is the hardest thing to understand about this app. I contacted Lidl asking for an explanation -

"The Scratch and Win coupons are assigned once there is 72 hours between each transaction. The last trasnaction before the 14/08 was the 12/08 and 72 hours would not have passed. The 72 hours starts from the latest transaction, therefore it the time period from the 10/08 would not be applicable as the Lidl Plus app was sued on the 12/08."

Basically I had gone into Lidl on three occasions, 10th, 12th, an 14th and no scratch card(s). Obviously regular customers are penalised here.

The idea is to get customers coming back often, if you're in Lidl every day then you don't get the scratchcard because you already go back often, sadly.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The idea is to get customers coming back often, if you're in Lidl every day then you don't get the scratchcard because you already go back often, sadly.

What they need to do it get a few sim cards and download the app, have a few apps on the go like a drug dealer.

Limpy wrote: »
    What they need to do it get a few sim cards and download the app, have a few apps on the go like a drug dealer.

I'd have at least 4 numbers if I went every day, it'd pay for itself!
    I still haven't gotten my code texted to me for the one account, having said all that :pac: dann GoMo

Happy to see less sweets and junk on it again.

I’m not I want cheap ice cream lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Got a scratch and win after shopping yesterday.
    Tried to open it twice but it wouldn’t allow the scratch part to come off at all while swiping it.
    Now the scratch and win is not there today.
    Happen anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does anyone know when the clock starts running for expiry of the scratchcard? Is it 7 days from the day you get it after a shop in Lidl or 7 days from the day you scratch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lucan123

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the clock starts running for expiry of the scratchcard? Is it 7 days from the day you get it after a shop in Lidl or 7 days from the day you scratch it?

You have 11 days from when you got your scratch card to scratch it, once scratched you have a further 7 days to claim your treat.
    So if you got a scratch card last Saturday and resisted scratching it until this morning, you still have until next Saturday to collect it.
    (I shop once a week and I used this to my advantage when I got a free packet of biscuits - they had run out of them when I first looked, but because I waited to scratch it, I was able to get them for free the following week when they were back in stock)

I scratched mine and won a pack of sugar laces. Then my phone rang and a voice whispered 7 days and hung up. Kinda freaked out now, the telly signal is gone aswell, its just a grey flickering screen, just my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

One possible solution to this is don't bother scanning your card if you are not availing of any of the money off vouchers or are in line to get a scratch card. So in your example scan it on the 10th, skip the 12th and do it again on the 14th. If you are in Lidl that often the law of averages will mean you are not using the coupons every time you shop so you can get more scratch cards by not using your lidl card as often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I pop in and scan most days . I still get a scratch card every 3 days

Got some Sondey chocolate bars on the scratchcard, worth 93c
    c288ad82581aba4cada2dca583caee9225a7f305.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Love a bit of choco and milch, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lucan123 wrote: »
    You have 11 days from when you got your scratch card to scratch it, once scratched you have a further 7 days to claim your treat.
    So if you got a scratch card last Saturday and resisted scratching it until this morning, you still have until next Saturday to collect it.
    (I shop once a week and I used this to my advantage when I got a free packet of biscuits - they had run out of them when I first looked, but because I waited to scratch it, I was able to get them for free the following week when they were back in stock)

cheers thanks, my nearest Lidl is 15km away so I dont get to it every single week which means losing whats on the scratchcard. I'll just leave it unscratched from now on until Im standing outside the store again. If anyone sees a madman running around the Lidl car park in celebration that will be me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You could just pop back in after your shopping and collect the prize in the same day

not if the prize is a money off voucher in which case it's always best to wait until you are visiting again or close to it before scratching your card

or just buy a bunch of bananas

but then you are spending more than you intended or buying something you didn't really need in which case it defeats the purpose.

Much better to just wait until you are near the time of your next visit before you scratch it off.

My big news is I finally got a confirmation text, got take it bars from my first scratch card.

YjZCtm4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

50c off my next shop! Much success!!

Edit: Just noticed I get a digital receipt for my entire shop when I scan the app, very handy.

I've had nothing but 50c off about 3-4 times ... apart from the first €5 off

I want some choccies :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Won Free Laces Pencils or belts worth 34c on my scratch card. I’ve never seen any Of these in store before. Do they exist. My local don’t stock any of these and never have apparently.

Advertisement