Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

amber2 wrote: »
    Won Free Laces Pencils or belts worth 34c on my scratch card. I’ve never seen any Of these in store before. Do they exist.

Yep in the sweets section

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Nollog

They also have fizzy cola ones that aren't advertised in the image but I've never tried any of them but the strawberry laces.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

amber2 wrote: »
    Won Free Laces Pencils or belts worth 34c on my scratch card. I’ve never seen any Of these in store before. Do they exist.

Got the same, I won't be picking them up though. Does anyone else activate all of the 'treats' even when they know they won't pick up half of them? Most of them are of no use to me but I activate anyway in case I change my mind in the shop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

I only got once the 50c off and since then useless sweets for free.
    I believe the amount of time the app will remain installed on my phone has started the countdown..
    Pointless having it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

in2dark wrote: »
    I only got once the 50c off and since then useless sweets for free.
    I believe the amount of time the app will remain installed on my phone has started the countdown..
    Pointless having it

What do you want from it? The scratch card is never worth more the €1.

The coupons can be useful.

My Scratch card this week is Take It Chocolate Bars (more sweets!! - Nom Nom)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I find app handy for receipts alone

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

OmegaGene wrote:
    Delete it and unfollow the thread if you think it’s pointless There are possible savings of €10 a week plus a scratch card for a random item or discount, I got €2 off not long ago Personally I think it’s better system than Tesco and SuperValu loyalty cards

40 a month if you buy everything. Don't know about other people but for my house that's maybe 7% discount per month for us. Tesco and supervalu typically about 2 to 4% with the points system. Same with boots as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's only a saving if they are goods you were going to buy already, otherwise it's encouraging you to try new products. I'll keep using it for now but I prefer the money off coupons you'd get in other supermarkets. I realise that's unlikely to happen in a discount supermarket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

miamee wrote: »
    It's only a saving if they are goods you were going to buy already, otherwise it's encouraging you to try new products. I'll keep using it for now but I prefer the money off coupons you'd get in other supermarkets. I realise that's unlikely to happen in a discount supermarket :)

Ya, some people seem to be buying everything that’s on the App. This week nothing interests us so I won’t be using it.
    Hoping next week vouchers are more suited to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know the model number for the 43" Tosh Android TV they are selling?

https://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/en/p/home-office/43-uhd-smart-led-tv/p35866

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/home-office/43-inch-uhd-smart-led-tv/p49307

Thats cheap for an Android telly, although I think the lower end Toshiba's are Vestel products.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Ya, some people seem to be buying everything that’s on the App. This week nothing interests us so I won’t be using it.
    Hoping next week vouchers are more suited to us.

Pretty much the same for me, I found last week a bit dissapointing too and didn't bother buying anything in there.

Hopefully they will have a few of the basic essentials at 50% off in the following weeks on the app. If so, I'm happy to do the rest of my weekly shop in Lidl.

I do find the scratchcards (regardless of what's on them) a nice little addition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

basically theyve got most of the info they needed that made the introduction of the app worthwhile. So thats what we were getting rewarded for, the market research.
    the only real advantage to us now is having the receipts in digital form.
    thanks to this thread though i was an early adopter.
    after a bit whenever there was something really tasty, they gone . ie bakery items and icecreams. unless i was just not quick enough.

would be great if there was an online shopping model in case of another lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

This week I'll probably only go for the Chicken Maryland and maybe the demi baguettes aka rolls.

Does everybody else’s Lidl put all the app offers together?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Does everybody else’s Lidl put all the app offers together?

Yeah, they do it in a few stores near me. Its handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Only interested in couple of things this week. Unfortunately the tomatoes were very ripe and it's only me that eats them so I left them. And they had no maple syrup in the store. Will keep trying for that though as I buy that anyway, will bring my husband and get two bottles if I can find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Marylands out of stock. Bought the tea bags and didnt get my discount even though code was activated. Ah well, you win some you lose some, needed em anyway.

Got another scratch card tonight

It’s the Bubble Chocolate Bars (Aero copy I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Does everyone get the same thing in the scratch card every week? I got the Aero one too, and last week I got the laces (sweets) that everyone got.
    Would be more exciting if it was more random.

fjon wrote: »
    Does everyone get the same thing in the scratch card every week? I got the Aero one too, and last week I got the laces (sweets) that everyone got.
    Would be more exciting if it was more random.

I got Take It Chocolate bars Tuesday and tonight the Bubble Chocolate but generally it’s the same it seems.

I got 2 of the Laces last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,006 ✭✭✭✭zell12

e1 on the scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Did anyone notice when they add things to the coupons that are activated, the coupon then becomes deactivated?

Last week the beans one, I activated the first day.. few days later peas were added to the same coupon and it became deactivated.. think that's a bit sh!tty, people may not realise things being added and go and scan not realising they're not getting the discounted price.

Did anyone notice when they add things to the coupons that are activated, the coupon then becomes deactivated?

Last week the beans one, I activated the first day.. few days later peas were added to the same coupon and it became deactivated.. think that's a bit sh!tty, people may not realise things being added and go and scan not realising they're not getting the discounted price.

When did you activate the coupon?

I might be misunderstanding you but you only activate them just before you go to the till from my understanding.

When did you activate the coupon?

I might be misunderstanding you but you only activate them just before you go to the till from my understanding.

You can activate them when they come out Wednesday at midnight and they stay active unless Lidl change them or you use them.
    It's best practice to at least check the app as you que up.

Can you use the your lild card even if your not getting a special offer and just buying regular stuff? Do you get anything like a scratch card?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,412 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah. You get a scratch card if it's been 72 hours since your last one.

These are 99c offers at Lidl next Thursday.
    Some of the stuff is okay.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/99c-deals/c1297/w2

*I know it's not app related!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Maple syrup has been removed from my app.

Replaced with olive oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Moving2017 wrote: »

Replaced with olive oil.

Lol 100% like for like replacement :D

• Advertisement

Moving2017 wrote: »

Replaced with olive oil.

I was dreading that when I saw the oil on the shelf with the offers and no sign of the syrup in the shop at all :(

It was the only thing we were after...

Advertisement