Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I always check the receipt on the screen at the till to make sure any discounts are taken off the bill before I pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

shocksy wrote: »
    You really should have checked your receipt the second time before you left the store. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and all that carry on. A quick glance at the receipt and you'd have known if the coupons applied or not.

Yes, you're right, but I heard the boop, till operator acknowledged it also, busy store, queue behind, didn't want to hold everyone up. From posts above it's not uncommon. I only buy the "app" items I would have bought anyway.

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Thats really crap but are you sure you're logged in and have clicked activate before u scan?? I got caught once where I scanned the app, staff said ya grand but no discounts but it turned out I hadn't activated. I rang customer services in a rage but they were able to show me the time of transaction and time when I activated never actually activated them. They were a bit slow to come back to me but when they did they sorted it out and put vouchers on my app to say sorry. I've had no issues since but maybe see what they say and before u leave the till check the screen at the till where it shows you your subtotal etc to see that your coupons have come off?

Using the app since it launched. Definitely activated, do that before I enter store when looking at my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Used the free mustard and free apple juice, got a €1 off next shop, used that and got another scratch card but for some reason, I can't scratch it and when I go into "see all treats" page, it has disappeared.
    2 of the vouchers I used today are still appearing in my treats page, probably be gone tomorrow.

Happened me too and I used them again the next day and they worked, it was the foil one and the cereal one

Edit - oh and the free crisps or apple juice one

• Registered Users Posts: 24,621 ✭✭✭✭zell12

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Yeah it said u win every time u shop, max of one per day
    Thanks.
    Now, Is anyone getting the scratchcard prize every day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

shocksy wrote: »
    You really should have checked your receipt the second time before you left the store. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and all that carry on. A quick glance at the receipt and you'd have known if the coupons applied or not.

She don’t wanna be saved, don’t save her

zell12 wrote: »
    Thanks.

No, not getting it anyday :o

OmegaGene wrote: »

Are you shopping any of the days ?

yes, post 1593 above..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Just did my shop and got a euro off voucher immediately after finishing at the tills.

• Advertisement

Thurs 19/11
    MwWrcuM.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Missing image??

Edit: Scratch that, loading for me now.

€1 off and free mustard coupons i used earlier are still there for me, great to hear I should be able to use them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some good offers there for next week, will be getting the striploin steak, salmon fish cakes, smoked ham and might as well get the honey to glaze the Christmas ham in a few weeks. Doubt I'll be able to resist the cheap Pringles either. Five out of nine offers is a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Baggly wrote: »
    Just did my shop and got a euro off voucher immediately after finishing at the tills.

Same

Just over 24 hours since my last shop.

123654789 wrote: »
    Same. Just over 24 hours since my last shop.
    Does it have to be 24h+, or simply once a day?
    Anyone have a copy/remember the promo terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

zell12 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Yes I am, did a shop twice on Friday (morning and late evening) and again earlier today got a scratch every time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Damn card on the app wouldn't open again when I was at the till. Had to pay full price for my cheddar, I'm devastated!

Seriously though, why doesn't the app just cache the QR code?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Damn card on the app wouldn't open again when I was at the till. Had to pay full price for my cheddar, I'm devastated!

I have the QR code in my Google Pay app and Stocard. You can also just screenshot it and keep it as a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

There was an extra scratcher on the app for Halloween. I scratched it and now I appear to have 3x €2 off vouchers, all expiring in seven days. Anyone else?

I think someone noticed the mistake. All three €2 vouchers plus the free bar of chocolate were wiped when I opened the app this morning. Not great TBH, they weren’t due to expire until tomorrow

You can screenshot the qr code if it’s an issue, someone on the thread printed it and made a key ring with it

Ah excellent, so that works... I had tried to save the image directly but there is no option to. Lame!

I have my tesco and dunnes cards stored in my Bring app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭Nollog

You can ask the cashier to input your phone number.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Decent enough this week. Actually wanted/got 7 of the items on offer on the app.

Ciabatta bread 300g (e1.69) or Peanut Butter Shots 150 (e1.96) on scratchcard

/\/ollog wrote: »

That's something they should advertise more!

Thanks. I didn't want to cause a delay!

I've managed to screenshot the QR code, extract the number from it using Google Lens and copy and paste that into Bring, my shopping list app.

That produced a 2D barcode, which still works!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Saw someone try this on Thursday and was refused. Cashier then went to another cashier to ask and still refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I doubt they want that commonly known, the idea of Lidl checkout is to get the customers gone fast

The staff don't advertise it because if the customer doesn't have the app, they input their own phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭uli84

Free stuff never in stock in my local :/

I think someone noticed the mistake. All three €2 vouchers plus the free bar of chocolate were wiped when I opened the app this morning. Not great TBH, they weren’t due to expire until tomorrow

Ring their customer service and complain and they'll give you more vouchers

• Advertisement

Thanks. I didn't want to cause a delay!

I've managed to screenshot the QR code, extract the number from it using Google Lens and copy and paste that into Bring, my shopping list app.

That produced a 2D barcode, which still works!

Why would you go to that trouble when they've already given you a QR code or you could just call out your number at the till?

Advertisement