Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So distressed and tired of EIR....

Options
  • 02-07-2020 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am a widow, I use my webmail for all correspondence , probate medical & solicitors all filed on same. People using eircom.net through EIR were in formed that after 1st of july there would be a charge of 5.99 ....and within 60 days you would be notified when you were to mitigate emails.
    Well. Against everything that data protection stands for. Eir since 18th june have deleted my whole webmail access. No matter what I do it will not recognise my number or username.
    I have spoken to 6 customer car people all never came back to me. 3 emails outlining situation and willing to pay.confirmation to hear in 48s ...nothing......!.
    This has been the most distressing incident off all my correspondence and that includes revenue too.
    I am at my wits end. I only want what's mine and in light of sensitivity of correspondence need my webmail found. My question I'ds can anyone help me?
    Lost for words Ann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I think you would be better posting in somewhere like the consumer issues forum you might get better advice.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Can't advise on getting access back but if you do get access again I would look at moving to gmail or some other provider as I would imagine eir email will be shutting down some time in the future anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I know it's frustrating but you just have to keep trying them.
    Once you have access again download all your mails to your computer and move to a better provider.

There is a thread on the change here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058051373

Moved from Wikis to Computers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you collecting your email through a client or webmail?

The UI was changed in the last few days and from today for the next two weeks you should be able to login to pay them. Should.

Advertisement