Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional liquidator appointed to Drumcondra and District Credit Union

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Allinall

Credit Unions are not renown for their pursuit of bad debts.

Hopefully the liquidators will be a bit more aggressive, to minimize the burden on the taxpayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Allinall wrote: »
    Credit Unions are not renown for their pursuit of bad debts.

Hopefully the liquidators will be a bit more aggressive, to minimize the burden on the taxpayer.

I revised my original text. The Irish Times article indicates that the main problem was in meeting capital requirements, they make no mention of a toxic loan book.

Though the fact that they couldn't find someone to merge with does point in that direction. Especially when the Central Bank typically throws in a sweetener when they act as matchmaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Allinall

coylemj wrote: »
    I revised my original text. The Irish Times article indicates that the main problem was in meeting capital requirements, they make no mention of a toxic loan book.

Though the fact that they couldn't find someone to merge with does point in that direction. Especially when the Central Bank typically throws in a sweetener when they act as matchmaker.

Ah cool.

Serves me right for not reading the link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Allinall wrote: »
    Serves me right for not reading the link!

If you look at the timestamps, I added the Irish Times link after you posted so you're in the clear - my fault entirely! The RTE article is light on detail.

Advertisement