Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dent repair

• 02-07-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi my wife's car has a dent on back left side door. She took a corner too quickly in a car park and dented it. It's not too big but not too small. Tried to fix it myself. Poor hot water on it and tried to pull out with plunger after watching YouTube video but didn't work. Just looking for recommendations of people in limerick who do those jobs. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is the paint work damaged? How old is the car?

You could try removing the interior door trim and have a go at pushing it out from the inside rather than from the outside, if it was an old or low value car. You could also try a Paintless Dent Repair service as those guys have the right tools and skill. Not sure if there are any still about Limerick these days but there used to be a Polish lad called Arthur in the industrial estate next to the Mungret Recycle Centre who did paintless dent repair. Other than that a car body repair shop is your best bet but they will probably charge you a good bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Artur does PDR and is still in business but has moved to the Dock Road. I recently got some dents repaired that were too big for PDR by Griffins on the Dock Road. Satisfied with the work and would recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Artur does PDR and is still in business but has moved to the Dock Road. I recently got some dents repaired that were too big for PDR by Griffins on the Dock Road. Satisfied with the work and would recommend them.

Where is that lad Arthur located now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

There is a place in Upper Gerald Griffin St. that does those kinds of repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

Thanks its a 04 nissan almera so might give it a shot myself of taking off interior door panel and trying pushing dent out a bit from inside. If that doesn't work il check the guys that ye mentioned. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

I went to Griffin Crash Repairs on the Dock Rd last year to have an enormous dent taken out of a side panel on my car after a crash.
    Was fully sure it'd have to be replaced, but the lads were able to repair it. Very quick and easy, would totally recommend them to anyone.

Advertisement