Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspire me please.

Options
  • 02-07-2020 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

So I am looking for ideas for a bedroom. Design and or equipment suggestions would be great if you have any.

I have a double bed that slots into wardrobe alcove, which in an N shape if you know what I mean. I have a double socket on the room wall at one side.

My idea is to have a usb socket on each side of the bed, built into the wardrobes, along with twin LED light strips individually switched, directly overhead for bedtime reading.

Anyone got any suggestions about the best way to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JL spark

So I am looking for ideas for a bedroom. Design and or equipment suggestions would be great if you have any.

I have a double bed that slots into wardrobe alcove, which in an N shape if you know what I mean. I have a double socket on the room wall at one side.

My idea is to have a usb socket on each side of the bed, built into the wardrobes, along with twin LED light strips individually switched, directly overhead for bedtime reading.

Anyone got any suggestions about the best way to do it?

Thanks
    Why don’t you contact a electrician, and go over it then ,

In my place I have a twin usb socket each side of the bed.
    Then a 2 gang switch ,one for a wall mounted reading light and the other for a 5amp lamp socket for the side table.
    Then I've a 1 gang switch beside that for the ceiling light.Thats each side again.
    I hate 3 gang switches so did it that way.
    Have you build in wardrobes?If you do get lights that come using push to break switches .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

JL spark wrote: »
    Why don’t you contact a electrician, and go over it then ,

I can do, when I am inspired

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sorry but I don’t know what you mean. Can you post some photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

2011 wrote: »
    Sorry but I don’t know what you mean. Can you post some photos?

This is the idea. There are three pin plugs to the right of the picture, accessable via a removeable panel. Looking for neat ideas for USB ports for charging phones on each side of the bed and a lighting solution, perhaps LED array or spotlights, individually switched.

Something nice and neat and suggestions for equipment. So when I get a sparky, I know what I want.https://drive.google.com/file/d/10O7LIVzDgHSlVDWZ3N729lCa5NQuMUTQ/view?usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A few thoughts based on the fact that you have limited space:

1) perhaps the USB sockets should go under the bed and the USB leads could be left out either side of the bed on the floor?

2) You could go for Philips Hue smart lighting. That way no conventional switches are required. Instead you can switch with your phone(s), with a small wireless light switch (like a remote control). You can dim the lights or change color with the same remote light switch or phone. Also lights can be voice controlled via Google Home / Alexa. Philips Hue lights can be spot lights, down lights or strip lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Robus do some great WiFi lights, connect them to Google play or amazon, you got voice control. Inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

An other idea you may consider is that; A USB power socket doesn't have to be on display;
    Could integrate an extension to a hidden usb power supply fit one of these in to a bedside locker or panel.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flush-Female-Extension-Motorcycle-Dashboard/dp/B072J6ZFRZ/ref=sr_1_31?crid=3E6BUSIZF0KDT&dchild=1&keywords=12v%2Busb%2Bsocket%2Bextension&qid=1594241931&sprefix=12v%2Bsocket%2Busb%2Bext%2Caps%2C189&sr=8-31&th=1

Any plans to fit a television?
    I've done three bedrooms here with no cables in sight;
    Some say the televisions are positioned a bit high but the beds are mid sleeper in bedroom 01 and high sleeper bunk in bedroom 03 knowing that then people understand.
    Anyway see page 03 onwards for bedrooms
    Link: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Have a good think about the lighting, I can think of nothing worse than a light directly over the bed at the pillow end. I used to have a similar setup with the wardrobe tight to the bed and I fitted a flexible arm with a lamp to the side, it wasn’t the prettiest but it was the best way of lighting what I was reading without disturbing the wife. An LED strip seems like it might be a harsh light right above your face.

Advertisement