Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone keeps dropping Bluetooth connection during calls in car

Options
  • 02-07-2020 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I have an iPhone 11 which was working fine for a while but in the last month has been dropping bluetooth connection while I am on calls in the car. I did a reset of network settings, deleted the phone from the car and paired again but no joy. Software updates are up to date. Looking for suggestions as to what I should do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It could be the car that's dropping the connection. Does the iPhone drop connections with other BT devices (headphones, speaker, etc)? Can you try another phone with the car?

How old is the car? I've two 2010 cars, and sometimes have problems getting the phone to connect in the first place on both. Bluetooth has come a long way since then, but the cars are stuck with what was available 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

It could be the car that's dropping the connection. Does the iPhone drop connections with other BT devices (headphones, speaker, etc)? Can you try another phone with the car?

How old is the car? I've two 2010 cars, and sometimes have problems getting the phone to connect in the first place on both. Bluetooth has come a long way since then, but the cars are stuck with what was available 10 years ago.

Yes I tried a Samsung s9 and this has no problem holding the connection. The car is a 2017 Skoda, prior to this I had no problem with any phone in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

cowlick wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 11 which was working fine for a while but in the last month has been dropping bluetooth connection while I am on calls in the car. I did a reset of network settings, deleted the phone from the car and paired again but no joy. Software updates are up to date. Looking for suggestions as to what I should do.

Did you do a software update around the time the problems started? I know a lot of people are having car/BT issues since iOS 13 (or something like that). I vaguely remember someone posting somewhere that newer phones used BT 1.5 and a lot of cars use 1.4. No idea if that’s true.

Advertisement