Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explain your username

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Kylta wrote: »
    Ahh another of our country brethren who as delusions of grandeur.

Plus he can’t spell. No c, o, r or k in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Those who go bed with an itchy bum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Muahahaha wrote: »
    lol I burst myself laughing the day you changed your username to Wuff Wuff. Trying to remember what thread it was on?

Permabear's feedback thread when he wanted to be appointed a mod in CA, but disguised it as campaigning for female mods in AH so us poor women felt safe.

The name change was hilarious as was Permabear's rage quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I believe cat and dumplings tartar sauce is suppose to be lovely? What do you love your cat with?

Just playing/ cuddling cats, not eating them..

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Mine is my name

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Mine is my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Claas Maehdrescher is German for Claas combine harvester. Would love to head over there for a harvest driving one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I see dead people

As I flew when I was a young one I first tried variations of Aviator and Dublin Flyer (which is my Tripadvisor username), but they were not available. I was at my lunch time at work in the libraries and recalled a customer who had come in dressed as a cat. She had a black headband with cat’s ears attached, whiskers drawn on her face with eyebrow pencil, and long pointed nails. Moreover I have a cat myself, and find them very entertaining, especially when they get maniacal!

Necro wrote: »
    I see dead people

At least the funeral undertaking business will never be redundant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Just playing/ cuddling cats, not eating them..

So is it like portable food you have carrying the cats around or are they like say a takeaway. Lets be honest if your catsh!t crazy you at least ate one of them hairy things?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Jakey: noun. slang, dialect, derogatory Scottish. A homeless person or tramp, especially one who habitually drinks large quantities of cheap, strong alcohol.

Jakey Rolling is an infamous late night, drink fuelled sport in Glasgow.
    The Scottish equivalent of cow tipping if you will.

(may also be a pun on the name of a well known children's author)

100412.2526@compuserve.com

So is it like portable food you have carrying the cats around or are they like say a takeaway. Lets be honest if your catsh!t crazy you at least ate one of them hairy things?

my cats eat cat food, dry nuts, ham etc, but me eat them, no way :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Necro wrote: »
    I see dead people

So will many others when I'm done....

my cats eat cat food, dry nuts, ham etc, but me eat them, no way :eek:

Ok, so your living in denial about gorging on cats.
    Am curious am I driving the cat lady crazy?

yeah very much so, we'll leave it there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Permabear's feedback thread when he wanted to be appointed a mod in CA, but disguised it as campaigning for female mods in AH so us poor women felt safe.

ah yes, that thread was a good laugh. Who would have thought years of stories about running a hedge fund and having a model grade wife could end up in a rage quit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

85603 wrote: »
    xxx van dyke street bizbee arizona,

8-56-03

your address ? be careful !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The henchman in Naked Gun 2 1/2 ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He’ll be fine once he’s got his sport coat on.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

My cat has three legs since February, hops around very happily. The vet gave me the leg minus the cancerous half and it went very nicely with catmint sauce that evening. I keep the catmint growing in a lot on the balcony, and he enjoys it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I got fed up thinking of one and chose mine while trying not to be rude. I say the phrase every 10 mins practically and hit confirm.

My cat has three legs since February, hops around very happily. The vet gave me the leg minus the cancerous half and it went very nicely with catmint sauce that evening. I keep the catmint growing in a lot on the balcony, and he enjoys it too.

Well thats sounds very nice. At least you got value for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

85603 wrote: »
    212 van dyke street bizbee arizona,

8-56-03

Or it could be their measurements.

The three legged cat always brings to mind a cat my ex had years ago. The cat was mad to be honest it was crazy so we got on great.
    The problem with the cat was that he thought the staff up the road should be terrified of it but it wasn't it ripped the hind leg of the cat. Which left it with three legs. We got the cat sorted out and he was grand for awhile. But it beening a nutball decided to have another go off the staff who duly ripped the other hind leg of it. Well needless to say the damage that was done was unrepairable and although we tried to save it, gangerine got in and we had to put it to sleep. I liked that cat it was crazy and thats a true story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I went to sign up and I saw a picture of sheep. Maybe they change the picture? Can't get back to that page now so don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

It's a line from a Thom Yorke song Dawn Chorus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had tried any number of deep and meaningful words and phrases that I felt would reflect well on me, and they were all taken. So I threw in the next word that occurred to me.

Just a nickname,
    from my time in FAS in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Celtic fan and where im from (where the term originated) this is how we spell coillte (culchie)

Celtic fan and where im from (where the term originated) this is how we spell coillte (culchie)

Where does the word culchie come from what is its meaning? Does Coillte mean woods or forest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Am i going crazy or was this done a few weeks ago.

Am i going crazy or was this done a few weeks ago.

I'm hungry have you got a mrscaramelchoc handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

My name is Peter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Where does the word culchie come from what is its meaning? Does Coillte mean woods or forest?

Originally a nickname for a person from Kiltimagh, a town in Co Mayo, gradually became a term used for rural people in general, though some will no doubt argue otherwise. Coillte is also the Irish translation for forest/woods which is where the name Kiltimagh originated from too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ae Fond Kiss

Love this Scottish Robbie Burns song. I've just signed up. The song has special\poingnant meaning for me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Coz I'm gorgeous..

Who was Wuff Wuff? Everyone on here always seems to know who everyone else is/was while I'm left scratching my head.

My name was supposed to be Persephone but that was taken. I then remembered a Marjane Satrapi film I saw called Persepolis and from that was born.....The Great The Amazing
    The Wondrous PERSEPOLY!!!!!!!!!!

Who was Wuff Wuff? Everyone on here always seems to know who everyone else is/was while I'm left scratching my head.

My name was supposed to be Persephone but that was taken. I then remembered a Marjane Satrapi film I saw called Persepolis and from that was born.....The Great The Amazing

Mine is more prosaic. A shrewd masquerade to cod a nation of dunderheads. Or so Bertie thought. Not only rappers that refer to themselves in the third person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    Coz I'm gorgeous..

Cutie Pie. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I am wuff wuff

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    I am wuff wuff

I shall engage my Miss Marple skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Cutie Pie. :)

That's me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭feelings

I don't have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just a random username that I came up with years ago. I thought it might have sounded cool and mysterious at the time but now i think it's a stupid name. I've had the name ever since though.

I own a small airline :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Nigel Fairservice was a character voiced by Niles in the Ham Radio episode of Frasier. It's my favourite episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

uch, because I like cake, thats all

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

random really

Advertisement