Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two factor authentiation

Options
  • 03-07-2020 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Any chance of passing on to your IT team if they will be enabling two factor authentiation on withdrawals . I realise that codes are sent via text or mail to set up payees but I would feel alot safer if two factor was enabled like AIB have for logging in via a seperate authentiation app or especially via a keypad device with debit card especially for  savings accounts with large balances. I don't think it's going to cost Boi alot to send out a keypad device for high balance savings accounts and will likely reassure them their life savings are relatively safer.
    I used such a device on a business bank account before with aib, and Natwest aand Rbos had one with every current account around from 12 years ago. It's hard to understand why the Irish banks never followed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Lomb, thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We really appreciate this feedback, we will be sure to pass this on to our IT team.

In order to make a transfer or withdrawal from your account to another account, you would need to receive this activation code to your phone. This would only be sent to the mobile number that is registered and activated for the account.

Our new app will also have some additional security features that will protect our customers, accounts.

Many thanks, Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Heya Richard, thanks for getting back. The interesting thing is in theory a hacker could have them sent to the address and then wait for a postman and then steal the code.
    I'm not sure if BOI texts the number to advise a payee has been added if it's going via post. Also persumably the hacker could have the mobile changed alternatively persumably a phone could be hijacked also in which no authentiation limited to a phone is safe.
    Basically I'm not an expert but I think a handheld keypad and debit card is fool proof and cannot be hijacked. Appreciate passing this on, thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Lomb, thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie. 

We can certainly understand your concerns in relation to this. 

Please be assured that we have passed on your feedback to our IT department. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on this with us here. 

If you’ve any further queries or concerns please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’d be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement