Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protein Amount & Recommendation

• 03-07-2020 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following product:

01 - how much protein is in one scoop of this product

02 - is it based on a heaped scoop or flat scoop

03 - while i understand you should balance your protein intake from a number of sources, and as many natural sources as possible, how many scoops of this protein are recommended on each of your 5 training days

https://www.myprotein.ie/sports-nutrition/soy-protein-isolate/10529701.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

paul7g wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone help with the following product:

01 - how much protein is in one scoop of this product

02 - is it based on a heaped scoop or flat scoop

03 - while i understand you should balance your protein intake from a number of sources, and as many natural sources as possible, how many scoops of this protein are recommended on each of your 5 training days

https://www.myprotein.ie/sports-nutrition/soy-protein-isolate/10529701.html

You should just try maximise protein intake from food and see where this is actually needed. It's not how many scoops should you take but what is needed to hit your intended target.

A serving is 30g which is stupidly 1.25 scoops and that's 27g. A single scoop is 21.6g proteind if you get it exactly right. Ascoop should be level. Why they can't size a scoop properly is beyond me (though probably a case of them not wanting to make different sized scoops)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭paul7g

Thanks Alf, as always for your advice and help.

So 1 x heaped scoop = 30g of powder (if you get it right)... which is 27g or protein.

I have one shake a day if I am weight training. At a very high level, i'm trying to guage should I be putting 1 or 2 scoops in my shake.

I know it depends on other factors, but I guess I am asking, do most people put 1 or 2 scoops in their shakes (which I know is probably useless information), but more curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭bladespin

Use whatever you need, might be an idea to have a shake at different times, very rough guide line is 1g per lb bodyweight (more if bulking etc).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

paul7g wrote: »
    Thanks Alf, as always for your advice and help.

So 1 x heaped scoop = 30g of powder (if you get it right)... which is 27g or protein.

I have one shake a day if I am weight training. At a very high level, i'm trying to guage should I be putting 1 or 2 scoops in my shake.

I know it depends on other factors, but I guess I am asking, do most people put 1 or 2 scoops in their shakes (which I know is probably useless information), but more curious.

If a heaped scoop = 1.25 level scoops, then it's 30g whey and 27g protein.

It doesn't really matter it's one scoop or two tbh. Once it doesnt become a crutch for a diet deficient in protein it's not that big a deal. You probably shouldn't need 50g protein from shakes.

0.6-0.8g per lb BW

Advertisement