Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2016 - Insert tab disappearing.

Options
  • 03-07-2020 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Windows 10 x64

If I click Reply in the main Outlook window, the Insert tab is visible and the option to attach a file to the message I'm replying to is easy.

But, if I attach a file to my reply, the Insert tab then disappears. So, I can't attach a second file.

How can I keep (or make reappear) the Insert tab on the Outlook ribbon?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Dinarius wrote: »
    Windows 10 x64

If I click Reply in the main Outlook window, the Insert tab is visible and the option to attach a file to the message I'm replying to is easy.

But, if I attach a file to my reply, the Insert tab then disappears. So, I can't attach a second file.

How can I keep (or make reappear) the Insert tab on the Outlook ribbon?

Many thanks.

D.
    Version of Outlook ?
    Do you have "attach" options in Message tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Version of Outlook ?
    Do you have "attach" options in Message tab?

Version is 2016.

It doesn’t happen all the time.

If I click new email, it appears in the Insert tab and stays there, regardless of how many attachments.

It only disappears when I click reply and then attach something- but, not every time.

Odd.

Thanks for the reply.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Odd.
    There was few glitches since last updates with deferred mail - fix was removing account from outlook and adding again
    Had not come across ribbon items disappearing.

You could try:
    quick repair
    online repair
    SaRA

Advertisement