Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probation / HR

Options
  • 03-07-2020 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this? I don't know if it's in the correct thread.

If an employee is on a six month probation in the workplace, and a three month review is done of said probation by the dept managers; Who sees this report? Is it kept on file in the department or should it be sent to HR?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Totally up to company policy: HR has no legal standing and in some companies all they do is payroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dark Knight 81

May I DM you?
    Totally up to company policy: HR has no legal standing and in some companies all they do is payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Last place I worked we just kept them locally in an employee file, hr didn’t see them.

Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask who then makes the decision about whether the probation will be passed or failed?
    _Brian wrote: »
    Last place I worked we
    just kept them locally in an employee file, hr didn’t see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask who then makes the decision about whether the probation will be passed or failed?

The line manager directly responsible for the employee I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

HR ‘could’ see it, as they can see any employee file. Many companies too have a policy of managers notifying HR via just an email once an employee file is updated or added too in any regard....

For example say my performance review was finalized, updated in the system.. followed by an email to HR...

Mr. Strumms employee #1973 file updated - performance review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Our company policy is for HR to receive a copy of both mid and end probations. We don't read them and just put them on the personnel file. The line manager would decide if they want to extend the probationary period with advice from HR in most cases.

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate the help.

Advertisement