Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid privately for an Early pregnancy scan

Options
  • 03-07-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Good evening!

I had a private early scan today. Going by LMP I'm 7w 6d and on scan I'm 8w 4d.

When the scan first started she saw two babies, the same size. Saw a heartbeat 150. Said she couldn't find a hb for second baby but then the second baby disappeared off screen and she couldn't find them at all she said both babies are measuring same.

She kept losing the uterus doing the scanning and said the second baby was gone behind and couldn't find it at all. Kept saying then one baby and one heartbeat.
    Anyone else experience this, what was the outcome?

Thank you 🙂

Ps before I found out I was pregnant my son who's 8 kept saying I'm having a baby and now for the last few days hes been saying he's having both a brother and sister.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Hi there,

That's bound to have been confusing and maybe even a bit distressing for you.

Maybe ask your GP for a referral for the early pregnancy unit at the hospital you're attending? Or you could just present yourself there and explain what happened with your private scan.

You probably have a few more weeks til you're scanned by the hospital as standard, so it's not worth spending all that time confused and anxious, you need reassurance at this time.

Take care, I really hope the outcome is good.

Advertisement