Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting scared of where society is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I looked at the movie that black couple where on blm bandwagon they provoked and filmed a minor incident when ask for an apology and received they ignored it this an example of ignorance and happens especially when one side has a chip on there shoulder pointing the gun was ott live and let live

They were clearly spoiling for a fight. This is probably not the first time they pulled this. Sadly I doubt it will be their last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    They were clearly spoiling for a fight. This is probably not the first time they pulled this. Sadly I doubt it will be their last.

Ah no they got arrested this time so they probably won’t be so quick to pull a gun again. The thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

KiKi III wrote: »
    Ah no they got arrested this time so they probably won’t be so quick to pull a gun again. The thugs.

We all know that America has a strong fondness for guns. It literally is in their culture.
    I am a strong advocates for the BLM protests over the last number of months and have no time for the MAGA Hat's who oppose them.

But in this instance, the black family were very aggressive, the white lady said repeatedly she was trying to get to her car, when she was in her car, she apologised that the woman felt as she did and then that woman walked behind their car as the couple were trying to leave and appeared to knock on it in some manner.

At that point, maybe the lady in the car was concerned her car was going to be damaged or the window broken or indeed that she would be attacked and so she got out to defend herself and her property.

I certainly wouldn't call her a thug based on the video I watched and would hope that charges are dropped because if not, it will fuel sentiment that conservative whites are under attack as opposed to what I see the BLM movement as which is people from those communities wanting to feel safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Am I worried about how society is going cos some doll pulled a gun on another doll thousands of miles away in a country thats buck mental?

Ah, no.

We all know that America has a strong fondness for guns. It literally is in their culture.
    I am a strong advocates for the BLM protests over the last number of months and have no time for the MAGA Hat's who oppose them.

But in this instance, the black family were very aggressive, the white lady said repeatedly she was trying to get to her car, when she was in her car, she apologised that the woman felt as she did and then that woman walked behind their car as the couple were trying to leave and appeared to knock on it in some manner.

At that point, maybe the lady in the car was concerned her car was going to be damaged or the window broken or indeed that she would be attacked and so she got out to defend herself and her property.

I certainly wouldn't call her a thug based on the video I watched and would hope that charges are dropped because if not, it will fuel sentiment that conservative whites are under attack as opposed to what I see the BLM movement as which is people from those communities wanting to feel safe.

I consider the white woman in this instance an absolute thug. The black woman’s behaviour was also unacceptable; she lost her temper in a massive way. However, the white woman should have stayed safe in her car rather than putting someone’s life under threat.

She didn’t need to do it, she didn’t have to do it, she chose to do it because she lost her temper too. That was the only reason for it.

It’s mad to see the black woman described as aggressive for shouting but the white woman did something much, much more aggressive and is totally excused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Michigan’s stand your ground laws apply if you believe you are in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death. It’s a massive stretch to suggest that was the case here. She was safe in her car when she chose to take out a loaded gun and point it at someone.

Previous Michigan case here makes it legal

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/a-michigan-court-case-shows-the-right-of-armed-self-defense-is-broader-than-you-might-think/

Important part if you don't want to read it.

The court of appeals, however, said that’s not the law. When one brandishes a weapon without firing it, they don’t, in fact, use “deadly force.” They use nondeadly force, and the legal standard for the use of nondeadly force only requires the defendant to prove that she “reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual.”

Under this reasoning, a person can brandish a weapon to prevent the imminent use of force from escalating to a threat of imminent death.

So, as the woman was pregnant, there's a heightened risk due to miscarriage, so seems completely justifiable based on previous case law in that state.

titan18 wrote: »
    Previous Michigan case here makes it legal

Obviously the cops didn’t see it that way.

I consider the white woman in this instance an absolute thug. The black woman’s behaviour was also unacceptable; she lost her temper in a massive way. However, the white woman should have stayed safe in her car rather than putting someone’s life under threat.

She didn’t need to do it, she didn’t have to do it, she chose to do it because she lost her temper too. That was the only reason for it.

It’s mad to see the black woman described as aggressive for shouting but the white woman did something much, much more aggressive and is totally excused.

If you recognize a society that allows people to hold guns to defend themselves, then you will see that this is what happened here.

If you don't recognize that (note, I am not saying agree with it) and think that public carrying of guns is wrong, then you probably would see her behaviour as thugish but because you are fighting a different battle.

Again, she tried repeatedly to leave, her property was attacked, she defended herself.

I'm not a fan of US gun culture but you can't judge someone based on what you think a law should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Obviously the cops didn’t see it that way.

PR purposes from the prosecutor's office really. Much like the Brooks situation.

Completely legal but outrage culture demands a charge.

Also, hilarious people are pointing to cops didn't see it that way but then argue elsewhere against cops use of force. They're not infallible.

If you recognize a society that allows people to hold guns to defend themselves, then you will see that this is what happened here.

If you don't recognize that (note, I am not saying agree with it) and think that public carrying of guns is wrong, then you probably would see her behaviour as thugish but because you are fighting a different battle.

Again, she tried repeatedly to leave, her property was attacked, she defended herself.

I'm not a fan of US gun culture but you can't judge someone based on what you think a law should be.

“Her property was attacked” is massive hyperbole. I’ve given friends cars a harder smack sending them on the road while saying goodbye.

You’re just determined to exaggerate the black woman’s behaviour and excuse poor behaviour from the other woman.

• Advertisement

Also, where are people getting the idea that the white woman was pregnant because I’ve read a bunch of articles and it hasn’t been reported.

Pretty sure she’s just got a pudgy tummy.

“Her property was attacked” is massive hyperbole. I’ve given friends cars a harder smack sending them on the road while saying goodbye.

You’re just determined to exaggerate the black woman’s behaviour and excuse poor behaviour from the other woman.

If you read my posts here, you'll see I'm normally attacked for being to liberal or a SJW or whatever the flavour of the day is.

I am well able to watch a short video and listen to what the people in it are saying.

You giving friends car a harder smack is about as relevant as what I had for breakfast in this conversation as A; you were unlikely after having a very heated interaction, B; society wasn't in the midst of very heightened racial tensions and C; your friend wasn't armed in a country where they are entitled to hold a gun to defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    the rest of live in the real world and won't put up with that **** for too long.

YouTube videos fed to you by an algorithm that makes money, via advertising clicks, from your fear isn't the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

There was no one/ nothing blocking the car from the front, they could easily have driven away.

If you refuse to watch the video I'm not sure why anyone is debating with you. It's pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm a bit bewildered by this incident on the highway in Seattle.

Two girls hit by a car speeding through a closed section of road, massive impact, one dies.

Twitter reports Summer Taylor and their friend Diaz etc. Confused me cos I think "hang on, I thought they said two people hit, not three?"

Then the mayor of Seattle tweets sympathies for the two young women involved in the incident and she gets piled on because the dead person is "non-binary" and is being "mis-gendered" in death!!

This causes respondent comments like 'ah yeah she was in fact non-binary cos at least one limb flew off' which is pretty unnecessary and then it turns into a tornado of outrage and trolling which loses the circumstances of the actual incident in the noise.

Now I see the picture of the dead person, its beyond question a young woman, very sad situation. My point is, society is going so mental that not only can you identify as either gender, if you want, you can also identify as neither and browbeat other people for struggling with that.

Can we at least agree that if we are saying people can gender-morph, that is should be to one of the two genders or else the concept of self becomes nothing but a fart in the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Can we at least agree that if we are saying people can gender-morph, that is should be to one of the two genders or else the concept of self becomes nothing but a fart in the wind?

At last count was there not something like 68 different genders?

Both attorneys have spoken out, as there’s no mention of the woman being pregnant I’d take that to mean she’s not and that’s just something people made up to make the black woman sound worse:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/07/03/attorneys-for-both-families-in-viral-orion-township-confrontation-speak-out/%3foutputType=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

You can't even be an ordinary, decent white supremacist these days without getting called a racist.

It's scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

NIMAN wrote: »
    At last count was there not something like 68 different genders?

It's 99...there was 102 but scientists just realised the 3 of the genders actually were gnats that somehow got into their microscopes.

You can't even leave a hanging rope tied in the shape of a noose at the workplace of a black person these days.

That's nuts!

What's the world coming to?

These lefties are insane!

• Advertisement

The consistent ridicule and dehumanisation of transgender people is going to win the middle ground for the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'm a bit bewildered by this incident on the highway in Seattle.

Two girls hit by a car speeding through a closed section of road, massive impact, one dies.

Twitter reports Summer Taylor and their friend Diaz etc. Confused me cos I think "hang on, I thought they said two people hit, not three?"

Then the mayor of Seattle tweets sympathies for the two young women involved in the incident and she gets piled on because the dead person is "non-binary" and is being "mis-gendered" in death!!

This causes respondent comments like 'ah yeah she was in fact non-binary cos at least one limb flew off' which is pretty unnecessary and then it turns into a tornado of outrage and trolling which loses the circumstances of the actual incident in the noise.

Now I see the picture of the dead person, its beyond question a young woman, very sad situation. My point is, society is going so mental that not only can you identify as either gender, if you want, you can also identify as neither and browbeat other people for struggling with that.

Actual real life society, is very different from the amplified positions on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

They should have just knelt to that black woman shouting at them and uttered the sacred words "Black lives matter" maybe that would have appeased the twitter brigade, maybe the husband who sat in the car might have got to keep his job.

Cupatae wrote: »
    They should have just knelt to that black woman shouting at them and uttered the sacred words "Black lives matter" maybe that would have appeased the twitter brigade, maybe the husband who sat in the car might have got to keep his job.

Yeah, there are absolutely no options between the two extremes of kneeling before a woman and cocking a gun at her. Those were the only two options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

You can't even leave a hanging rope tied in the shape of a noose at the workplace of a black person these days.

That's nuts!

What's the world coming to?

These lefties are insane!

I'm unsure if you are being serious or not, but the rope wasn't 'left at the workplace of a black person' as you suggest. It was left there for months. That that garage ended up being used by a black person was coincidence. There was no racism involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Both attorneys have spoken out, as there’s no mention of the woman being pregnant I’d take that to mean she’s not and that’s just something people made up to make the black woman sound worse:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/07/03/attorneys-for-both-families-in-viral-orion-township-confrontation-speak-out/%3foutputType=amp

No I didn't make it up I thought she looked like she was from the video, I've no problem saying I was wrong if thats the case.

Make the black woman look worse?

She couldn't be any worse if she tried, must have been dragged up with the way she went on at the other person.

And the daughter was no better but thats to be expected with a mother like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Why would her being pregnant make any difference? Are pregnant women allowed to draw a gun and point it at people whenever they wish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

titan18 wrote: »
    It is. Michigan is a stand your ground state. Michigan’s “Stand Your Ground†law states that an individual has no duty to retreat if they feel unlawfully threatened by another.

So a person saying I'm going to beat your white ass and standing behind their car preventing them for leaving is pretty good justification for bringing a gun out. The black woman was being threatening so by their laws (as batsh1t as I think they are) its fully legal. The charge is bs and will be thrown out.

She had her phone out and was recording them. Not enough for stand your ground. They will make an example of her

She is also a serial complainer so I hope she gets life personally

pjimage-2020-07-02T182922.692.jpg
    A woman who was present when Eric and Jillian Wuestenberg had a dispute told Heavy that the couple was unhappy with how long it was taking at the checkout. The woman told Heavy via email that Eric Wuestenberg “started screaming for them to open more lanes and to open the self-checkout.” The woman said that Jillian Wuestenberg “had her phone out and was filming the workers that were changing the drawers, yelling at them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No I didn't make it up I thought she looked like she was from the video, I've no problem saying I was wrong if thats the case.

Make the black woman look worse?

She couldn't be any worse if she tried, must have been dragged up with the way she went on at the other person.

And the daughter was no better but thats to be expected with a mother like that.

Of course she could have looked worse, she could have pulled a gun in circumstances where it was absolutely unnecessary. That’s what scumbags do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RasTa wrote: »
    She had her phone out and was recording them. Not enough for stand your ground. They will make an example of her

She is also a serial complainer so I hope she gets life personally

pjimage-2020-07-02T182922.692.jpg

I'd like to think common sense would prevail and she might get a warning or community service.

They have suffered enough already for the actions of those lunatics but of course the BLM crowd will want their pound of flesh from whitey.

Advertisement