Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting scared of where society is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Of course she could have looked worse, she could have pulled a gun in circumstances where it was absolutely unnecessary. That’s what scumbags do.

In your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

You can't even leave a hanging rope tied in the shape of a noose at the workplace of a black person these days.

That's nuts!

What's the world coming to?

These lefties are insane!

Where did this happen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

In your opinion.

Obviously?

It was in response to your opinion, what’s your point?

Obviously?

It was in response to your opinion, what’s your point?

None of us were there, she must have felt under threat to do it, not surprising seeing as they threatened to beat their white ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'd like to think common sense would prevail and she might get a warning or community service.

They have suffered enough already for the actions of those lunatics but of course the BLM crowd will want their pound of flesh from whitey.

Nope, anyone who pulls their phone out and records shop workers in
    Tesco or any issue would send them onto twitter and social media and complain. This is lovely karma. It's glorious, drink it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

GarIT wrote: »
    I hate racism, I wish it could be ended but I'm also begining to hate and fear people who use the race card to oppress and get away with things.

Would thinking anyone complaining about racism might only be pretending so they could get away with things be a little defeatist?
    I'm sure it happens but it's no reason to argue against tackling racism which is essentially what you are doing here. Intended or not.
    It's like saying all rape is terrible but I hate when someone lies about being raped.

RasTa wrote: »
    Nope, anyone who pulls their phone out and records shop workers in
    Tesco or any issue would send them onto twitter and social media and complain. This is lovely karma. It's glorious, drink it up.

What are you on about man, what has a Tesco worker got to do with at this?

What are you on about man, what has a Tesco worker got to do with at this?

I already quoted their behavior in shops
    A woman who was present when Eric and Jillian Wuestenberg had a dispute told Heavy that the couple was unhappy with how long it was taking at the checkout. The woman told Heavy via email that Eric Wuestenberg “started screaming for them to open more lanes and to open the self-checkout.” The woman said that Jillian Wuestenberg “had her phone out and was filming the workers that were changing the drawers, yelling at them.”

Anyone who behaves like that, deserves the karma coming to them. This is it and it's glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Ah yes, a person taking out a gun in response to a racially-motivated threat is considered an overreaction.

But hoping someone goes to prison for a long time partly because they're a bit of a moan, is perfectly fine.

The tolerant left.

SFC1895 wrote: »
    Ah yes, a person taking out a gun in response to a racially-motivated threat is considered an overreaction.

But hoping someone goes to prison for a long time partly because they're a bit of a moan, is perfectly fine.

The tolerant left.

My preferred outcome would have being the daughter pulling out a gun and shooting this woman dead. She was clearly a threat and would have gotten away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

From the video it looks like the lady with the gun would have been doing the world a favour

My preferred outcome would have being the daughter pulling out a gun and shooting this woman dead. She was clearly a threat and would have gotten away with it.

Probably right. US society seems to be broadly sympathetic to black criminals such as Brooks and Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Bowie wrote: »
    Would thinking anyone complaining about racism might only be pretending so they could get away with things be a little defeatist?
    I'm sure it happens but it's no reason to argue against tackling racism which is essentially what you are doing here. Intended or not.
    It's like saying all rape is terrible but I hate when someone lies about being raped.

I haven't said that I think anyone complaining about rasim is only pretending to.

I have not and would not argue against tackling racism.

You have tried to put many words in my mouth.

This is also the exact problem I am talking about, any cricism is twsted into being against the whole movement/group.

Ah so you want the book thrown at the white woman who shot nobody but would have liked the black one to shoot her dead.

Weird way of thinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

No I didn't make it up I thought she looked like she was from the video, I've no problem saying I was wrong if thats the case.

Make the black woman look worse?

She couldn't be any worse if she tried, must have been dragged up with the way she went on at the other person.

And the daughter was no better but thats to be expected with a mother like that.

You can see the angle kiki is spinning "Make the black woman look bad" attacking how the white people defended themselves first rather than condemn the aggressive behavior of the black women ect ect

I think the logic can be summed up by one line in the article she posted

“I think the country as a whole is tired of seeing situations where you have unarmed Blacks having firearms pointed at them,”

Nothing said about how they ended up in these situations of course or that they caused it, SJW don't wanna hear that so the media doesnt spin it.

Ah so you want the book thrown at the white woman who shot nobody but would have liked the black one to shoot her dead.

Weird way of thinking.

White middle class guilt is one helluva drug

I don't see race like you guys do so the colour of the person has no bearing. White woman deserved to be shot for pulling a gun and pointing it at a mother and then the child. You said Michigan has the stand your ground law so if the kid was legally able to own a gun she would be justified for shooting this woman to death.

That's America for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I don't see race like you guys do so the colour of the person has no bearing. White woman deserved to be shot for pulling a gun and pointing it at a mother and then the child. You said Michigan has the stand your ground law so if the kid was legally able to own a gun she would be justified for shooting this woman to death.

That's America for you.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That's America for you.

I don't see race... references [race]

You're making some big assumptions about us while declaring yourself better than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

That's America for you.

I can't agree with that. In a verbal altercation like that no one should be pulling guns.

The black woman was totally in the wrong with her aggression and racial taunts but when guns are taken out the chance of a fatality occuring are very high.

I imagine the lady involved really regrets her decision to pull out a gun. It was clearly a massive overreaction in that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

ronivek wrote: »
    Why would her being pregnant make any difference? Are pregnant women allowed to draw a gun and point it at people whenever they wish?

Wow, creepy post.

All the people who were Jesuits years ago, who became the Priest on the pulpit who screamed, eyes bulging, about how everyone was a sinner have joined the Church of Self declared progressives.

Once upon a time the left was comprised of regular people, was relatable, relevant and approachable.

Lot changed since that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

I'm not scared of where the majority of society is going, as I think the vast majority of people are reasonable, but I'm definitely scared of the very vocal minority of far right extremists who want to drag society into the sort of chaos situation America has descended into under Trump.

These people have no positive vision for society and seem to live their lives in a permanent state of paranoia.

I mean if you want proof of the insanity of such views it's all over the place. Trump has been a total disaster. Such views are disastrous for any society they take root.

People with such views are very, very vocal online, both as a recruiting tool and in order to give the impression that they are more numerous than they are.

It's a very, very strange worldview they have. They're obsessed by US style white identity politics and they seem to hate everybody who isn't a straight, white male who hates everybody who else who isn't a straight, white male.

Being a straight, white male like myself isn't good enough for them because I don't hate everybody who isn't a straight, white male.

If you don't subscribe to their way of "thinking", you're an "extremist", apparently.

Such irony.

Could you explain that in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If the 'Left' get their way, there will be more inclusiveness equality and fairness for all members of society in a world where people are eager in maintaining it for future generations.

If the 'Right' get their way, it will develop in to more disparate groupings where opportunity is held and controlled by a small proportion of people and the natural resources of the planet are there to be exploited by those in a position to do so without any concern of what comes next.

Neither statement is entirely true but why would want to be on the side of those who prefer the latter than the former, unless you think that you belong to the group who will be in control.

Could you explain that in English?

It's quite straightforward really. The person is so drunk on the collective guilt felt by some white people that their logic is seriously impaired.

If the 'Left' get their way, there will be more inclusiveness equality and fairness for all members of society in a world where people are eager in maintaining it for future generations.

l.

That left is long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Danzy wrote: »
    That left is long gone

Tell me what you think it has been replaced by.

It's quite straightforward really. The person is so drunk on the collective guilt felt by some white people that their logic is seriously impaired.

Let's just say for argument's sake a white person did feel guilt at the historic injustices perpetrated by white people.

What would be wrong with that?

Why did you bring the class angle into it?

Are you saying such people can only be middle class?

The very working class singer Damien Dempsey (he's from Donaghmede, you can't get much more working class Dub than that) explores themes of him personally feeling both white guilt and guilt that Irish people participated in the genocide against Native Americans.

What's wrong with that?

Is it wrong for Germans to feel guilt at the outrages of the Nazis?

• Advertisement

Let's just say for argument's sake a white person did feel guilt at the historic injustices perpetrated by white people.

What would be wrong with that?

Why did you bring the class angle into it?

Are you saying such people can only be middle class?

The very working class singer Damien Dempsey (he's from Donaghmede, you can't get much more working class Dub than that) explores themes of him personally feeling both white guilt and guilt that Irish people participated in the genocide against Native Americans.

What's wrong with that?

Is it wrong for Germans to feel guilt at the outrages of the Nazis?

You've missed my point, intentionally or otherwise. The poster was so consumed with white guilt that they posted a fairly irrational argument, i.e- it was wrong for the white person to draw the gun, but quite alright for the black person to kill the white person.

People can feel guilt for anything they like, take all the knees they want, so long as they don't impose their views on others.

Advertisement