Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting scared of where society is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Separate from the incident it's just crazy in any sort of normal society that bring a bloody handgun to do your shopping is regarded as normal:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

GarIT wrote: »
    Yes. I'm going to stop replying to anything about the video, it just provoked my thoughts. What I really intended the discussion to be about was the rise of the hive mind and identity politics and how being white means you are in the wrong by default in any situation where someone non-white is involved.

They’re not in the wrong because they’re white.

They’re in the wrong because they responded to a heated discussion by pulling a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

I’m not one of those people who believe everything is a “conspiracy” but if you see a video like this, you should think twice whether someone wanted you to see it and think this way. With all the anti1 racist campaigns and protests going on, I wouldn’t be too surprised if this whole thing is made up just to turn white people against black people again.
    But then again, the biggest issue in America is that everyone has a gun I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

'Scared' because Black people don't want to be treated like **** anymore

I've seen it starting in colleges. Not being a feminist makes you a Nazi. Advocating for equal rights for men where they don't have it makes you a Nazi. It's not even directly about race I'm concerned. It's the movement of join the group or get destroyed by the group that is gathering steam.

In which college have you seen advocating equal rights for men resulting in being called a Nazi?

Is it at all possible you’re exaggerating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You see this is the type of crap I'm talking about. I'm strongly against racism. I treat everyone equally. I question one incident which I think is reasonable to at least question and now I apparently don't want black people to be treated fairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

How many variations of the culture war posts will we get today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

This isn't a race issue as much as the media wants to turn it into one. Nothing that couple did was racist.

It's a matter of whether they broke the conceal carry laws of their state. The courts will decide that.

The other couple that pulled guns to defend their property were also vilified despite being BLM supporters.

Now the gun laws themselves are always up for debate but it's not a racial one is it?

The media will try and fit any story into a trending news topic and make it racial even if it isn't.

“There is nothing the man could have done better, and he lost his job because a black person decided to get angry and he was white.”

He could have just gone back into his house and shut the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

KiKi III wrote: »
    “There is nothing the man could have done better, and he lost his job because a black person decided to get angry and he was white.”

His house ? What video were you watching :D:D atleast know what your talking about before posting a condescending comment.

But your answer to black aggression and mob mentality is to simply ignore it and close the door as they do as they please to ur property? Your what's wrong with the world.

Man has a right to defend his property and if people want to attack people and property alike they better not complain when someone lights em up especially in place where concealed carry is allowed.

How do you justify the scumbag behaviour thats come along with this BLM movement ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

In which college have you seen advocating equal rights for men resulting in being called a Nazi?

Is it at all possible you’re exaggerating?

Maynooth. In 2013 I attempted to create a group in support of father's rights. I was told I could not as there was already a human rights society, the feminist society, and that they would facilitate and support this. I asked the feminist society and was told no, I raised it at the AGM and was called a Nazi and was told to leave.

In 2015 in a debate I was called a Nazi for saying Debenham's new policy of using overweight women as models was equally as harmful as using underweight women as models and that I believed models should be a healthy weight.

Last week here on boards I was called a Nazi for saying I didn't support, BLM, the group not the moment, that owns the .com domain and wants to end the western concept of the family. I was also called a nazi for questioning whether something was racism but can't remember the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I think all this racism stuff is harder on us white folks.

Cupatae wrote: »
    His house ? What video were you watching :D:D atleast know what your talking about before posting a condescending comment.

Grand so.

Is this the incident?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7135148/white-couple-black-family-argument/amp/

They could have gotten into their car and drove away. That option was very much on the table.

Grand so.

Is this the incident?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7135148/white-couple-black-family-argument/amp/

They could have gotten into their car and drove away. That option was very much on the table.

Did you actually watch the video ?

Your actually blaming the white people for not escaping better rather than condemn the black woman for persistent aggression even as the other people demonstrated they wanted to leave multiple times even apologized !! At one point!

Except the black women running around it to block them from driving away kinda stopped them.

So you really feel they had no other option than to pull a gun?

Because I can think of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Being pissed all over isn't a an option for most people.

Class perspective might drive your view.

You see this is the type of crap I'm talking about. I'm strongly against racism. I treat everyone equally. I question one incident which I think is reasonable to at least question and now I apparently don't want black people to be treated fairly.

You think that woman would have gone straight for her gun if it wasn't black people? Have you been to America? White people say racist things casually in conversation like they're talking about the weather ... they did to me!
    Not knowing I guess that Irish people don't (i thought) tolerate this ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Danzy wrote: »

It is, but one nobody should take, regardless.

They expect people to lay down like dogs rather than defend themselves because that's what they d do in the situation.

Did you actually watch the video ?

Your actually blaming the white people for not escaping better rather than condemn the black woman for persistent aggression even as the other people demonstrated they wanted to leave multiple times even apologized !! At one point!

Escaping? Aggression? Pretty dramatic language you’re using there for the kinds of arguments that happen all the time between people who handle conflict poorly (I’m talking about both groups here)

I’m condemning them for pulling a gun. It was a ridiculous escalation of the argument. The idea that they had no other option is farcical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paulzx wrote: »
    Separate from the incident it's just crazy in any sort of normal society that bring a bloody handgun to do your shopping is regarded as normal:eek:

This. I just dont get how it works. There you are leaving the house thinking car keys, phone, wallet, cigarettes and lighter. And oh yeah my handgun as well. Bizarre that is seen as anyway normal.

Class perspective might drive your view.

It was an argument. Arguments happen in life, sometimes over silly things. The attitude that taking the more mature approach of deescalating or walking away from a conflict is “being pissed all over” is mental.

So you really feel they had no other option than to pull a gun?

Because I can think of many.

Well let's see the woman attempted to leave multiple times, was met with threats of voilence , she eventually gets into the car and they persist in attacking her and her family , they go to drive away and they walk behind the car blocking there path and again strike the car...

She exhausted every avenue of descalation possible before drawing her gun that she was legally allowed to carry in order to defend her self and she drew if in a defensive posture backing away and telling her aggressors to leave her alone

The gun allowed for all parties to leave that situation peacefully..

Note the black ladies could have left at anytime but chose to remain there threatening and being racist.

You haven't a leg to stand on the fact you defend this behaviour , rather than condemn it first says it all.

Maynooth. In 2013 I attempted to create a group in support of father's rights. I was told I could not as there was already a human rights society, the feminist society and they they would facilitate and support this. I asked the feminist society and was told no, I raised it at the AGM and was called a Nazi and was told to leave.

In 2015 in a debate I was called a Nazi for saying Debenham's new policy of using overweight women as models was equally as harmful as using underweight women as models and that I believed models should be a healthy weight.

Last week here on boards I was called a Nazi for saying I didn't support BLM the group that owns the .com domain and wants to end the western concept of the family. I was also called a nazi for questioning whether something was racism but can't remember the full details.

The far left - Antifa will be here to shut you up soon. It's what they do now. You must comply to their ideals or be attacked. Welcome to 1930's Nazism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

They expect people to lay down like dogs rather than defend themselves because that's what they d do in the situation.

They pulled a weapon (or two?) in an argument. You can hear the woman chamber a round.

The same people who defend them here will condemn pulling knives in teenage gang threads, and rightly so. Yes you can legally defend yourself with a weapon, but to pull it on unarmed person is still scummy behaviour and a criminal charge.

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah completely normal reaction to cock the gun and point it at someone during an argument.

Even in America you can't do that, hence the charge

I don't understand the whole "right to bear arms" thing in America and how in certain states, you have the right to walk down a road with an AK47 strapped to your back.

If you can bear arms, how come when this person produces a gun, in a so called apparent reason to defend herself, she gets arrested? (I've watched the video but some parts aren't clear- its' one of those videos that doesn't tell the whole story so I'm not strong on taking either side except all in the video should grow up)

What are the conditions by which you can point a gun at someone in America?

It's a mad nation full of juxtaposition.

She exhausted every avenue of descalation possible before drawing her gun that she was legally allowed to carry in order to defend her self and she drew if in a defensive posture backing away and telling her aggressors to leave her alone

The gun allowed for all parties to leave that situation peacefully..

No, she didn’t. Other avenues of deescalation would have included:

- waiting in her car until the black family left (probably five minutes max)
    - going back into the Chipotle for a few minutes until the situation calmed down
    - calling the police and getting them to break up the situation (if it’s serious enough to pull a gun, it’s serious enough to do that)

There were many, many options that didn’t involve pulling a gun.

Obviously the police agree, which is why these trashy people have been arrested.

The far left - Antifa will be here to shut you up soon. It's what they do now. You must comply to their ideals or be attacked. Welcome to 1930's Nazism.

The far right are here to assure us there's no such thing as racism. It's what they've done for centuries. You must comply with their ideals or be attacked. Welcome to real Nazism.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

GarIT wrote:
    The American media is saying things like "White racist tries to run over black woman and pulls gun on her" The couple have been charged and the man has lost his job. I can only see the couple as the victims in this scenario, I know the woman pulled a gun but she had been threatened and then prevented from leaving, that seems like reasonable force to me.

Ah America is fcuked, we re watching it slowly imploding, it's a tragedy really, the American dream is slowly becoming the American nightmare, when they start pulling weapons on each other in large numbers, we ll know they're truly fcuked

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah America is fcuked, we re watching it slowly imploding, it's a tragedy really, the American dream is slowly becoming the American nightmare, when they start pulling weapons on each other in large numbers, we ll know they're truly fcuked

Why is it a tragedy? It's an abomination of a country in terms of society & politics and has always been.

Advertisement