Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting scared of where society is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

Let me just say that I hate racists. I hate their music, their clothes, and their so-called 'religion'. I hate the way the man are always so skinny and their women are always so fat. But most of all, I hate the way they judge people based on bigoted stereotypes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

briany wrote: »
    Let me just say that I hate racists. I hate their music, their clothes, and their so-called 'religion'. I hate the way the man are always so skinny and their women are always so fat. But most of all, I hate the way they judge people based on bigoted stereotypes.

Eh, you just used a stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Why is it a tragedy? It's an abomination of a country in terms of society & politics and has always been.

Strangly enough you ll find its filled with human beings just like ourselves, who have been told from birth they're the greatest nation on the planet, but the facts are their ruling classes couldn't give a ****e about them or any other humans for that matter, as long as they can get as rich as possible by fcuking all humans over and continously, and many believe their ruling classes are looking after them, poor bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

jackboy wrote: »
    Eh, you just used a stereotype.

You get jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

KiKi III wrote: »
    No, she didn’t. Other avenues of deescalation would have included:

- waiting in her car until the black family left (probably five minutes max)
    - going back into the Chipotle for a few minutes until the situation calmed down
    - calling the police and getting them to break up the situation (if it’s serious enough to pull a gun, it’s serious enough to do that)

There were many, many options that didn’t involve pulling a gun.

Obviously the police agree, which is why these trashy people have been arrested.

They agree because of political pandering, the same as that cop that's facing death row over the guy he shot , over the tazer .. same reason people are losing jobs for saying all lives matter , same reason the man in that video lost his job ECT ECT

What you see as right and wrong in that video honestly boggles my mind.. your caviler attitude to what the black ladies were doing .. but utterly condemn white the pregnant woman did..

We ve all seen where these screaming matches end up , especially these world star ones ...

She drew her weapon in a defensive manner and left the situation she LL never see a min inside a jail.

The bottom line here the main problem was the aggression and constant threats of voilence by the black ladies lead to this escalation hopefully they learned a valuable lesson not to attack people or threaten voilence .

You get jokes.

Oh, he card read good.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Scared of where society is going? No.

Scared of where American society is going? ... Also no, because I don’t care.. But that country is falling apart at the seams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Oh, he card read good.

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Strangly enough you ll find its filled with human beings just like ourselves, who have been told from birth they're the greatest nation on the planet, but the facts are their ruling classes couldn't give a ****e about them or any other humans for that matter, as long as they can get as rich as possible by fcuking all humans over and continously, and many believe their ruling classes are looking after them, poor bastards

Yeah I know, that's what I just said. You said it was sad 'the american dream' was over or something?

• Advertisement

You get jokes.

What's your take on the couple defending there home after the mob broke into there property?

Scared of where American society is going? ... Also no, because I don’t care.. But that country is falling apart at the seams

Funnily enough, you ll probably find, if America truly implodes, we re actually all ****ed, American shillings have been floating through here for long time now!

Yeah I know, that's what I just said. You said it was sad 'the american dream' was over or something?

Yup it is over and it is sad, particularly for them

Cupatae wrote: »
    They agree because of political pandering, the same as that cop that's facing death row over the guy he shot , over the tazer .. same reason people are losing jobs for saying all lives matter , same reason the man in that video lost his job ECT ECT

What you see as right and wrong in that video honestly boggles my mind.. your caviler attitude to what the black ladies were doing .. but utterly condemn white the pregnant woman did..

We ve all seen where these screaming matches end up , especially these world star ones ...

She drew her weapon in a defensive manner and left the situation she LL never see a min inside a jail.

The bottom line here the main problem was the aggression and constant threats of voilence by the black ladies lead to this escalation hopefully they learned a valuable lesson not to attack people or threaten voilence .

I don’t think the way the black family acted was appropriate either (although we didn’t see the what happened before they started filming) but pulling a gun was still a massive, massive overreaction.

“Constant threat of violence by the black ladies” is not true either; I heard one threat on the video and it didn’t strike me as a genuine threat of physical violence.

I’ve often seen rows as serious as this happen in a pub and the idea that pulling a gun to resolve them is normal is absolutely mental.

GarIT wrote: »
    It was a bit more than an argument. What was the other possibility, keep driving and run over the black woman? The situation didn't go ideally, but those people were scared, and trying to get away. If you threatened me and tried to stop me leaving and I had a gun I'd probably draw it.

The the husband was charged and lost his job too, what should have have done differently, controlled his wife like it's the 50s?

They could have just driven off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

GarIT wrote: »
    It's the identity politics that terrifies me, people are no more than the box they fit into, and if you're not in one of the chosen boxes you have to apologise for it.

Honestly, don’t apologise and don’t give a fiddlers what the loonies think or say. Just ignore them and do your thing. Problem solved.

The people who rattle on about this sort of stuff thrive on drama and attention. They’re best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I came across a video yesterday of a guy called Alan West. He was speaking at an event in the US and quizzed about everything by a majority white audience.
    Suffice to say he knew his stuff.
    He was asked by a white girl if he identified as black, because some mightn't identify as such!
    He is black. He humoured her :)

https://www.facebook.com/youngamericasfoundation/videos/550773485548181/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Yup it is over and it is sad, particularly for them

It's only sad for the people who were winning!
    Now that black people are sick are being an underclass 'the dream is over'
    Whose dream??
    Do people not get this??
    It was an american nightmare for lots of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I’ve often seen rows as serious as this happen in a pub and the idea that pulling a gun to resolve them is normal is absolutely mental.

I've seen similar or worse over supermarket parking, it's ridiculous to think that brandishing a weapon is even an option...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8441405/The-avowed-aims-British-arm-Black-Lives-Matter.html

The British arm of Black Lives Matter's full agenda - abolish the police, smash capitalism close all prisons. Looks like a mix of communism and fascism.

You have to wonder how so many have been taken in my this group of anarchists. When you have the leader of the democrats in the USA on the ground supporting the aims of this mob there is bound to be civil unrest. Lots of people on the edge. It will not take much to spark it off, which looks to be the aim of these groups(anarchists/domestic terrorists).

• Advertisement

Scared of where society is going? No.

The yanks come across as a bit mad in the media. Like, if they're not about the guns and the glory and watching NASCAR, shirtless, they're on anti-depressants and trying to maintain a poly-amorous relationship, while planning to open an artisan cakes shop.

I don’t think the way the black family acted was appropriate either (although we didn’t see the what happened before they started filming) but pulling a gun was still a massive, massive overreaction.

“Constant threat of violence by the black ladies” is not true either; I heard one threat on the video and it didn’t strike me as a genuine threat of physical violence.

"I'll beat your white ass too" I guess that means different things to different folk, comparing this to a pub is also ridiculous ..

She used the gun to end the situation, complete descalation, the black ladies left her be and she went on her way.

They need to learn to let people leave.

You ve lived a sheltered life if you think there wasn't a threat of voilence there..

You need to stop applying Ireland logic to the situation aswell it's America completely different rules and culture .

It's only sad for the people who were winning! Now that black people are sick are being an underclass 'the dream is over' Whose dream?? Do people not get this?? It was an american nightmare for lots of people

Very few Americans truly achieved the american dream, most got fcuked and fcuked hard, and continue to be, black and white folks, what a scam, a country built on scams by scammers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It was an argument. Arguments happen in life, sometimes over silly things. The attitude that taking the more mature approach of deescalating or walking away from a conflict is “being pissed all over” is mental.

Aren't you blessed that you could imagine that is always possible.

Different strikes for different folks.

More power to you, I hope it lasts for you, can't see it happening.

"I'll beat your white ass too" .......
    You ve lived a sheltered life if you think there wasn't a threat of voilence there..

You need to stop applying Ireland logic to the situation aswell it's America completely different rules and culture .

You've led a sheltered life if you reckon that's a threat..... It's just trash talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The only people in that video using racist language were the black women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8441405/The-avowed-aims-British-arm-Black-Lives-Matter.html

The British arm of Black Lives Matter's full agenda - abolish the police, smash capitalism close all prisons

You have to wonder how so many have been taken in my this group of anarchists. When you have the leader of the democrats in the USA on the ground supporting the aims of this mob there is bound to be civil unrest. Lots of people on the edge. It will not take much to spark it off, which looks to be the aim of these groups(anarchy).

The tory agenda - BREXIT BREXIT BREXIT, our leader is a racist but that's ok.
    When you have almost every main media outlet in the country supporting the aims of this mob there is bound to be civil unrest.
    Lots of people sick of tory eton educated dirtbags.
    All it takes to 'spark off' is a few dozen murders of black people by cops, which is absolutley fine with these groups (tory party, republicans, (FG i suspect in Ireland but it hasn't come up yet))

"I'll beat your white ass too" I guess that means different things to different folk, comparing this to a pub is also ridiculous ..

She used the gun to end the situation, complete descalation, the black ladies left her be and she went on her way.

They need to learn to let people leave.

Yes, that was the one threat I already referred to. One is not the same as “constant threats of violence” you referred to. Were you possibly exaggerating just a bit?

Which of these acts do you consider more violent:

a) shouting around someone
    b) pointing a loaded gun at them?

Danzy wrote: »
    Aren't you blessed that you could imagine that is always possible.

Different strikes for different folks.

More power to you, I hope it lasts for you, can't see it happening.

I don’t recall saying it’s always possible, but it usually is - and it certainly was in this case.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    You've led a sheltered life if you reckon that's a threat..... It's just trash talk.

Blocking someone's path, getting in there face, shouting , threatening to beat there ass.. it's you that's lived the sheltered life, if she's willing to go that far with someone that's obviously pregnant I wouldn't rule anything else out...

You'd be surprised how many people aren't about trash talk! I've seen people get chinned for less and rightly so, you can't go around getting into people's faces and being shocked if you are met with force.

These people need to learn to have more respect and conduct themselves better maybe they d find themselfs at the wrong end of a gun alot less.

Advertisement