Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting scared of where society is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

KiKi III wrote: »
    I don’t recall saying it’s always possible, but it usually is - and it certainly was in this case.

In your world it is, that's not a bad thing, but for many of us it isn't and this was only going to end ONE way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

There are 400 million people in the US. Something bad happened to one of them, and you few it'll happen to us all.

Totally irrational fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Cupatae wrote: »
    "I'll beat your white ass too" I guess that means different things to different folk, comparing this to a pub is also ridiculous ..

She used the gun to end the situation, complete descalation, the black ladies left her be and she went on her way.

People are accosted by gobby strangers throwing their weight around over some perceived slights every day here. Somehow they don't need to pull weapons to "deescalate".

And seeing how she is now charged it's not quite the American way either. No matter how many posters here see is as perfectly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Danzy wrote: »
    In your world it is, that's not a bad thing, but for many of us it isn't and this was only going to end ONE way.

Sounds like you’ve got anger issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Denmark are currently experiencing this type of problem, over there they have racist fish to deal with.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0703/1151193-denmark-little-mermaid/

KPuIzlU.png

This is all we need, once the fish start taking sides against merimaids and fishermen, it's like the colony collapse disorder in the Bee world.
    F**** B*** Fishes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Padre_Pio wrote:
    Totally irrational fear.

We ve all followed down the same rabbit hole economically speaking, so those fears do have a base

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I can understand why the couple were arrested, but, I would expect charges will not follow.

The black family were the instigators in this and while the use of the term 'you're white ass' is racist, I don't know that they could be charged for it.

Blocking someone's path, getting in there face, shouting , threatening to beat there ass.. it's you that's lived the sheltered life, if she's willing to go that far with someone that's obviously pregnant I wouldn't rule anything else out...

Me hole. Verbal confrontation..... Fnck all threat..... Husband with her.
    I've had buddies murdered so I've had not quite a sheltered life.

You think pulling a gun is De escalation..... ��

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

America will turn into South Africa. China, Saudi Arabia and Russia will divy everything else up. Although the latter 2 will be sub partners.

Europe is turning. Hopefully it won't just return to individual states otherwise the 3 powers will pick them off one by one. We need more of an alliance as opposed to a central power like the EU. There is nothing to suggest that places like France, Belgium, Sweden, Germany won't end up like America too though.

The biggest and baddest boys will always run the play ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

It’s almost like people are holding police to a higher standard than gangs...

Or that some lives matter more than most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

America will turn into South Africa.

It really won't, though. There's no proper evidence to suggest that a man dying at the hands of a bad-egg cop and ensuing protests is going to roll back all the progress in race relations that the U.S. has made in the last 60 or so years. All the hyper-sensitivity to racism being shown on Twitter at the moment will die down because people just get bored with it, and people will just find another issue or cause in vogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

A lot of the media are afraid of the mob and know once you behave a certain way and don't question the obvious you can't get in trouble, virtue signalling is real. There's a few exceptions of course, Tucker's show is now the highest rated in cable news history, so he's doing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sounds like you’ve got anger issues.

Me, no, not at all. I take life as it is, still grew up in a tough town and had many try to hop the head off me for their amusement and a few who did.

Class divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Our own society has long since broken down.

Criminals in Ireland have a great time of it. You can rack up as many convictions as you like and it'll be a cold day in hell before you see the inside of a prison, and even if you do you won't be there for very long. A "certain group" have engineered a situation in which they can ride roughshod over our entire society and be praised for doing so. Not to mention our eagerness to import social justice issues from other countries into this country when they aren't problems in our society.

We live in a world and increasingly a country where feigning victimhood excuses every imaginable behaviour. Go into a district court and listen to solicitors and barristers telling the court how the poor defendant "had a tough childhood and didn't attend school regularly and therefore can't be held accountable for their actions", it's something that applies to almost every scumbag before a court in this country regardless of how many times the court has played host to them before. We need to wise up and work towards a society that's worth being a part of. Right now we're degenerating into a society that could be unbearable within another generation.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

'Scared' because Black people don't want to be treated like **** anymore

And behaving like that is a good way to ensure you keep getting treated like ****. Equal Rights must also have equal responsibilities. You don't want to be treated like a ****head then don't act like one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Augeo wrote: »
    Me hole. Verbal confrontation..... Fnck all threat..... Husband with her.
    I've had buddies murdered so I've had not quite a sheltered life.

You think pulling a gun is De escalation..... ��

In the manner she pulled it ya , defensively and backing away, did it solve the problem ? It did the mouthy ones ****ed off right quick.

We're they willing to keep going before that ? Clearly as they kept hitting the car .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

A lot of the media are afraid of the mob and know once you behave a certain way and don't question the obvious you can't get in trouble, virtue signalling is real. There's a few exceptions of course, Tucker's show is now the highest rated in cable news history, so he's doing alright.

Ahh look they escalated the situation no need for that :D. Should have went back inside and let the mob roam around there property ..

I find it hilarious the last thing these people find fault with is the mob...or the aggressor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

What I find most disturbing is that idiots get into arguments and all of a sudden it's carte blanche to pidgeon hole every opinion into convenient broadly applied stereotypes.

I'm liberal, reasonably to the left, but think the black folks here seemed to be more the aggressors. That said, using this as an example of being "frightened of how society is going" is pretty pathetic. This thread gives plenty of examples of the REAL reason to be frightened - the video is just people being idiots, it doesn't define anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

GarIT wrote: »
    Maynooth. In 2013 I attempted to create a group in support of father's rights. I was told I could not as there was already a human rights society, the feminist society, and that they would facilitate and support this. I asked the feminist society and was told no, I raised it at the AGM and was called a Nazi and was told to leave.

[...]

Last week here on boards I was called a Nazi for saying I didn't support, BLM, the group not the moment, that owns the .com domain and wants to end the western concept of the family.

Interestingly, Maynooth no longer have a Feminist Society (https://mulife.ie/societies), so you can at least take some solace in the fact that you outlived them.

Have you a link to the post where you were called a Nazi for not supporting BLM (.com)? I don't feel right creeping through people's posts. I'm certainly not saying it didn't happen, but I always like to see the context before deciding for myself, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ARH privilege

On the net there are more terrifying videos on that theme...., but unfortunately ( defacto ) nothing we could do/change.
    so I agree with The Bishop Basher"s comment - watch less news and stay away from social medias. There was a very old proverb saying : " less you know - better you sleep"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No, because I don't live in 'Merica, home of crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Ahh look they escalated the situation no need for that :D. Should have went back inside and let the mob roam around there property ..

I find it hilarious the last thing these people find fault with is the mob...or the aggressor

They lost their right to be called peaceful protesters when they broke into private property, of course the fair and balanced and definitely not left wing media headlines never mentioned that.

Same shíte went on with those Catholics kids who were confronted by that alcoholic fake vietnam vet who's a professional agitator. At least there was a little respite in that case with the kid suing some of them successfully for slander.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Wait what the husband do that was wrong? He literally attempted to de escalate by leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The media are disgusting and many are waking up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Pulling a gun on someone never carries any consequence.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

The media are disgusting and many are waking up to it.

Long time coming, but there's always the gullible. Underage I'd forgive, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Ireland is one of the safest, most prosperous, places on planet Earth and we have broflakes here crying on the internet about the end of times.

Sure god love us.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

briany wrote:
    It really won't, though. There's no proper evidence to suggest that a man dying at the hands of a bad-egg cop and ensuing protests is going to roll back all the progress in race relations that the U.S. has made in the last 60 or so years. All the hyper-sensitivity to racism being shown on Twitter at the moment will die down because people just get bored with it, and people will just find another issue or cause in vogue.

I think you've totally misinterpreted what he means by America turning into SA. Have another think there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm scared that events like this might come to Ireland. I already feel that sometimes things are decided to be racist because a black person doesn't like it whether it actually is racist or not. If the black person doesn't win in every situation then it's labelled as racist. The point isn't the incident, the point is it seems like there is a race war brewing and a lot of people are on the side of "black people can't be racist".

It's coming. You will pay for the black slavery in ireland in the 1800s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

It's easy nowadays to sit in front of You Tube and seeing everything apparently going to hell in a handcart, minutes later you look out the window and all you see are cars going past and people going about their everyday business.

Advertisement