Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting scared of where society is going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Everyone in that video is someone i would want to avoid. None of them have any idea how to handle something calmly.

The white lady should have stayed in her ****ing car once she got in it. No its not normal to pull a gun. Its not normal to get into fights on the street though.

Everyone? What did the guy do wrong?

I watched him, you know since I identify withe the character being the only male involved. He moved his wife to the car, tried to leave, was harassed and said "Who do you think you are?", which is a very subdued reaction in my opinion.

What did he do to deserve any fallout here? Was he supposed to beg for forgiveness for doing nothing offensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    the industry certainly is in a lot of trouble, a retired journalist i use to meet regularly a few years ago told me he believes the digitization of the industry has fcuked up the industry. when he was working, reporters were given time to research stories, that no longer occurs, stories are up online almost as soon as they become known, without any research being done, but there is till some good journalism being done, you do have to sometimes search for it though, and id imagine some of those sources are behind paywalls

Have to agree with that. It's about getting that news up online quickly. UK media is worse than we are, reading the takes from the Guardian against the Telegraph, sometimes it is almost reading about two different stories, given their slant on them. Our version of that is to keep digging at SF and at times it looks like a socially liberal agenda seems to be first and foremost. Everything else is framed around that.

I find I only concentrate on the headlines and try not to bother my time with the detail beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You have to remember there is huge world outside of the mentally ill Anglo sphere.

Put it this way, mobs of Africans tearing down statues would not be tolerated in Russia.

You will probably have a short life on Boards with that username :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You will probably have a short life on Boards with that username :P

I'd bet the mortgage that that uber cool poster is a re-reg from an account that posted on this thread yesterday with a similarly chosen name.

Living their best life obviously, setting up multiple accounts expecting them to be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Absolutely, both Dems and republicans are the establishment, the average Joe doesn't have political representation, and there's very little difference between both parties in regards policies, chomsky is spot on when he uses the term 'moderate republicans' to describe the dems, it ll be interesting to see what happens when trumps base finds out he's a conman, that's if they do figure it out

They know but they don't care. It's like watching professional wrestling and not caring that it's staged. "Kayfabe"

I believe he garnishes so much support because he is the face of the opposition in the culture war. The most anti-pc person you can find. The democrats and republicans alike are bending over backwards to this regressive crap.(See Mitt Romney)

Without political correctness Trump could never have been elected. His two favourite words. The anti-establishment democrat candidate, AOC, swept her recent primaries in NY.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Does nobody else think that the bigger problem here is that the woman pulled a gun on the side of a street to win the row??

Nobody?Or have we moved past the craziness of American gun laws?

Does anyone else think the racism problem in Amercia is hugely exacerbated due to the fact that guns are so widespread among American citizens??

Slinging insults at people because they are a different colour is one (very serious) problem - assuming they all carry guns and might kill you, so you better carry yours too to retaliate takes into a whole other realm of problem....

There are cops in the US now refusing to enforce the rule of law against black people for fear of the consequences. The bottom line is black people make up 18% of the population of the United States but are responsible for over 56% of all major crimes including rape, murder and drug offences. But yeah its all the fault of white people according to the current virtue signalling mob.

That virtue signalling mob have sent race relations backwards by 50 years. Instead of concentrating on a single issue legally they have used mob rule to destroy, bully, attack and murder. Of course there will be a backlash and these cowards will try and backtrack, but the damage is done.

Already BLM in the UK trying to backtrack.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8490319/Actress-BLM-rally-Whitehall-disowns-Black-Lives-Matter-UK-hijacked-far-Left.html

Yet the very privileged Hamilton who earns £40 million/year still trying to bully his co drivers. If they don't take the knee they are racists. These people have become complete facists.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8490749/Lewis-Hamilton-F1-drivers-stay-silent-racial-injustice-youre-complicit-racism.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_m8npIh4eQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This constant need for people to record everything bugs me

shesty wrote: »
    Does nobody else think that the bigger problem here is that the woman pulled a gun on the side of a street to win the row??

Nobody?Or have we moved past the craziness of American gun laws?

Does anyone else think the racism problem in Amercia is hugely exacerbated due to the fact that guns are so widespread among American citizens??

Slinging insults at people because they are a different colour is one (very serious) problem - assuming they all carry guns and might kill you, so you better carry yours too to retaliate takes into a whole other realm of problem....

Yes there is a gun culture in America and that won't change, I'd bet the house though that the gun the white woman had was a legally held firearm and she had a conceal carry permit.

She was pregnant and they wouldn't let her leave, chances are she felt threatened at that stage and it wasn't as if she was going to actually shoot the lot of them dead she just wanted them to back off and let her go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yes there is a gun culture in America and that won't change, I'd bet the house though that the gun the white woman had was a legally held firearm and she had a conceal carry permit.

She was pregnant and they wouldn't let her leave, chances are she felt threatened at that stage and it wasn't as if she was going to actually shoot the lot of them dead she just wanted them to back off and let her go home.

She wasn't pregnant. You can't pull a gun on people for a situation like this, simples. Not sure why this is so hard to understand

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    She wasn't pregnant. You can't pull a gun on people for a situation like this, simples. Not sure why this is so hard to understand

It looks to me like she is.

Either way all those loudmouths had to do was leave them alone and none of this would have happened, it was the black people who started it and then wouldn't let them leave shouting and roaring like lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

It looks to me like she is.

Either way all those loudmouths had to do was leave them alone and none of this would have happened, it was the black people who started it and then wouldn't let them leave shouting and roaring like lunatics.

So you think pulling a gun is a normal response to people shouting at you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

As a (white) South African said to me once, if you pull your gun out, you damn well better be prepared to use it and kill if needed, because if you don't, the other guy will definitely use his once he sees yours.

Waving a gun to scare people off is no joke or mild measure.That's the problem with the general public having easy gun access.Also why on earth any random person feels the need to have a gun or a carry concealed permit is beyond me.You're right, it's an American problem, but I honestly think you cannot talk about racism in America without also acknowledging their gun culture as part of the problem (on both sides of the divide)

99% of the world is good..

Well maybe a bit less but you get the idea.

It’s easy to get sucked in and forget that though..

Watch less news, spend less time on social media, go out and enjoy nature and spend time with good friends.

The more you ignore all this bull**** the happier you will be.

I have been shrugging and ignoring it for 20 years and it seems to have gotten worse in that time. Now what should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

KiKi III wrote: »
    So you think pulling a gun is a normal response to people shouting at you?

And let those thugs potentially assault her? **** that. You might be crazy to put up with verbal and possible physical assault from Blacks to prove you're not racist, but the rest of live in the real world and won't put up with that **** for too long.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    And let those thugs potentially assault her? **** that. You might be crazy to put up with verbal and possible physical assault from Blacks to prove you're not racist, but the rest of live in the real world and won't put up with that **** for too long.

She was in her car, safe and sound. The black people were leaving. The safest, most sensible thing for her to do was stay in the car.

She chose to get out and point a loaded gun at someone.

She was in her car, safe and sound. The black people were leaving. The safest, most sensible thing for her to do was stay in the car.

No they weren't leaving, they were standing behind her car and stopping the couple from going.

And no I said before pulling the gun would seem extreme here in Ireland but its a different culture in the US where a lot of people carry guns both legally and illegally.

She obviously felt she was in danger at that point and pointed it at them to make them back off, maybe she thought they were carrying as well who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No they weren't leaving, they were standing behind her car and stopping the couple from going.

And no I said before pulling the gun would seem extreme here in Ireland but its a different culture in the US where a lot of people carry guns both legally and illegally.

She obviously felt she was in danger at that point and pointed it at them to make them back off, maybe she thought they were carrying as well who knows.

She got charged yesterday so it's not a legal thing to do. Carrying is fine but pulling it and pointing it at someone is not. You must be pretty soft if you think she was in danger.

The teenager had already walked away. Her mother was still there. She ran back in tears seeing her mother being held at gunpoint.

There was no one/ nothing blocking the car from the front, they could easily have driven away.

Feeling scared (when you’re already safe in your car) is not a good enough reason to threaten someone’s life like that.

Thaddus wrote: »
    This is one sheltered liberal.

Got this is such a dumb statement.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    As a (white) South African said to me once, if you pull your gun out, you damn well better be prepared to use it and kill if needed, because if you don't, the other guy will definitely use his once he sees yours.

Waving a gun to scare people off is no joke or mild measure.That's the problem with the general public having easy gun access.Also why on earth any random person feels the need to have a gun or a carry concealed permit is beyond me.You're right, it's an American problem, but I honestly think you cannot talk about racism in America without also acknowledging their gun culture as part of the problem (on both sides of the divide)

Not sure SA is a good example to give, its probably one of the most dangerous places in the world to live in.

We can agrue all day about gun culture in the US but its in their constitution and its there to stay, even Obama knew that.

And she has to right to a conceal carry permit its also in the lawbooks there, now pulling it on the street is another matter but thats for the courts to decide if they go ahead and prosecute.

Thaddus wrote: »
    It's not though is it? You probably believe self defence is 'problematic'.

You don’t know anything about me, and instead of debating the merits of the arguments you make massive, incorrect assumptions.

So yeah, it’s a dumb statement.

The teenager had already walked away. Her mother was still there. She ran back in tears seeing her mother being held at gunpoint.

There was no one/ nothing blocking the car from the front, they could easily have driven away.

Feeling scared (when you’re already safe in your car) is not a good enough reason to threaten someone’s life like that.

Tears my eye they were giving them dogs abuse all through and threatening to beat them up just because she accidently bumped again them with her shopping bag and refused her apology for it.

Look again at the video she was stopping her from leaving.

Tears my eye they were giving them dogs abuse all through and threatening to beat them up just because she accidently bumped again them with her shopping bag and refused her apology for it.

Look again at the video she was stopping her from leaving.

Yeah, the black family shouldn’t have shouted at the woman like that and the white woman shouldn’t have pulled the gun but only one of those things is life threatening and only one of them is a crime.

Ask yourself this: What would the white woman have done if she wasn’t carrying a gun? She probably would have stayed in the car, the black woman would have walked away, and the whole situation would have been resolved without anyone’s life being threatened.

Pulling a gun is not a normal response to someone shouting at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

I looked at the movie that black couple where on blm bandwagon they provoked and filmed a minor incident when ask for an apology and received they ignored it this an example of ignorance and happens especially when one side has a chip on there shoulder pointing the gun was ott live and let live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Yeah, the black family shouldn’t have shouted at the woman like that and the white woman shouldn’t have pulled the gun but only one of those things is life threatening and only one of them is a crime.

Ask yourself this: What would the white woman have done if she wasn’t carrying a gun? She probably would have stayed in the car, the black woman would have walked away, and the whole situation would have been resolved without anyone’s life being threatened.

Pulling a gun is not a normal response to someone shouting at you.

Yeah I agree with this. The black woman in this case was an arrogant knob. She brought race into the situation which was totally unnecessary.
    The other family were driving away they could have simply continued there was plenty of room to do so.

But pulling the gun was a total over reaction, and could have led to a fatality.

Rows like this are fairly common place in all countries, pulling guns out is not a normal or justified response.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

RasTa wrote:
    She got charged yesterday so it's not a legal thing to do. Carrying is fine but pulling it and pointing it at someone is not. You must be pretty soft if you think she was in danger.

It is. Michigan is a stand your ground state. Michigan’s “Stand Your Ground†law states that an individual has no duty to retreat if they feel unlawfully threatened by another.

So a person saying I'm going to beat your white ass and standing behind their car preventing them for leaving is pretty good justification for bringing a gun out. The black woman was being threatening so by their laws (as batsh1t as I think they are) its fully legal. The charge is bs and will be thrown out.

titan18 wrote: »
    It is. Michigan is a stand your ground state. Michigan’s “Stand Your Ground†law states that an individual has no duty to retreat if they feel unlawfully threatened by another.

So a person saying I'm going to beat your white ass and standing behind their car preventing them for leaving is pretty good justification for bringing a gun out. The black woman was being threatening so by their laws (as batsh1t as I think they are) its fully legal. The charge is bs and will be thrown out.

Michigan’s stand your ground laws apply if you believe you are in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death. It’s a massive stretch to suggest that was the case here. She was safe in her car when she chose to take out a loaded gun and point it at someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

No they weren't. They were banging on her car and blocking them from leaving. Getting a gun in the face was getting off easy. They could have easily floored it and made them part of the pavement.

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    No they weren't. They were banging on her car and blocking them from leaving. Getting a gun in the face was getting off easy. They could have easily floored it and made them part of the pavement.

No, “they” weren’t. The teen had already walked away as is very clear in the video.

The couple could easily have waited in their car, and called the police if they felt threatened.

Holding the woman at gunpoint was totally unnecessary.

Advertisement