Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Karen is refused entry to store for not wearing a mask headbutts door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Awful load of pearl clutchers in here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This whole thing is a bit unfair for people whose name is actually Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I mean at this stage you have to say this is a mental illness.

This woman needs a doctor.

If you have such a strong urge to be contrarian that it is making you slam your body into glass doors you need to seek professional help. I am not joking a mental health professional needs to sit down and talk with this woman and either talk her back into mental health or medical here in to sanity again.

She is going to kill herself or someone else. She is just throwing her body against the doors with zero regard for her safety or anyone else's!

What do you guys think?

I think its time we forced some people into some kind of therapy. She isn't well.

I am NOT so certain its about politics ..unless you mean white people are never told ..YOU NEED MEDICATION!

And no i am not insulting people with mental health issues.

But recognizing that illness can play out in a lot of ways.

This is NOT a mentally well person. That is a woman in the middle of some kind of 'episode'.

I didn't take you for the sort to post videos mocking mentally ill people.

Wtf is a Karen, is that the latest rich kid babble for a mentally ill woman?

Danzy wrote: »
    I didn't take you for the sort to post videos mocking mentally ill people.

Wtf is a Karen, is that the latest rich kid babble for a mentally ill woman?

The pearl clutching continues

I'm not really feeling that sensitive towards her to be honest.

I don't think most people are.

If you have issues ..its your responsibility to get help for them.

Taking something seriously doesn't mean i have sympathy for her.

Making an observation that is obviously unwell and needs to be sectioned if not for her than for society is reasonable.

Jeeze you make Maggie Thatcher sound like a soup kitchen volunteer.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Awful load of pearl clutchers in here

Honestly? That certainly is a very unusual and surprising comment coming from you of all people.

joe40 wrote: »

It serves no purpose other than making fun of an unfortunate individual.

That is the sole purpose for sharing the video and the OP.

You shouldn't section anyone who is not a significant threat to herself or others. Usually that would have to include physical violence. Perhaps she is a bit of a bio hazard but there was a door between her and other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is kind of sad, the woman is clearly off her absolute face.
    Not getting the Karen vibe tbh.

Also why would she be refused for wearing a mask? No one else in the video is wearing one that I can see.

She would be refused because she is clearly on something but hey.

It is pearl clutching to point out that it may not be the kindest thing to post a video of, and to insult, a woman who the op even admits that they think is a suicide risk?

That's what pearl clutching is to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Honestly? That certainly is a very unusual and surprising comment coming from you of all people.

My thoughts exactly. It's the usual stick; the ones who are constantly offended, asking for things to be changed to suit their sensitivities, who then accuse others of being offended and sensitive for having a problem with their actions.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

So I looked it up, its racist slang apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

"As of 2020, the term was increasingly being used as a general-purpose term of disapproval for middle-aged white women"

This is just wiki but I have a relative named Karen, I'm sure she doesn't love it.

It is pearl clutching to point out that it may not be the kindest thing to post a video of, and to insult, a woman who the op even admits that they think is a suicide risk?

That's what pearl clutching is to you?

The awl “oh how’s dreadful this video was even shared how dreadful” - yes. Pearl clutching.

I don’t see anything here that would suggest to me she’s any sort of actual suicide risk, by all means I would rubbish that notion. Clutching pearls about this being discussed at all though, because of what the OP said as a throwaway remark, because oh the gall of the shopkeepers to record her, oh how dare they - is ridiculous.

Lady was an irate psychopath who couldn’t handle the fact that a store chose their right to refuse service to her so he started licking the glass and banging her own head because she had no earthly idea how to compose herself - spoiler alert: count to 10 and put on a gd mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It's not just the video of the woman, it's the smarmy slow talking man explaining why this is everything that is wrong with white women and their privilege when the woman obviously has something wrong with her. A symbol of why they think they are better than you. Oh please, what a tool.

The awl “oh how’s dreadful this video was even shared how dreadful” - yes. Pearl clutching.

I don’t see anything here that would suggest to me she’s any sort of actual suicide risk, by all means I would rubbish that notion. Clutching pearls about this being discussed at all though, because of what the OP said as a throwaway remark, because oh the gall of the shopkeepers to record her, oh how dare they - is ridiculous.

Lady was an irate psychopath who couldn’t handle the fact that a store chose their right to refuse service to her so he started licking the glass and banging her own head because she had no earthly idea how to compose herself - spoiler alert: count to 10 and put on a gd mask.
    Clearly she wasn't refused entry due to not wearing a mask....no one in the video was wearing one that I could see?
    She was refused entry because she looks to be off her chops

"As of 2020, the term was increasingly being used as a general-purpose term of disapproval for middle-aged white women"

This is just wiki but I have a relative named Karen, I'm sure she doesn't love it.

It was originally a meme to describe the I want to see your manager type but now just means white woman I don't like.

It's not just the video of the woman, it's the smarmy slow talking man explaining why this is everything that is wrong with white women and their privilege when the woman obviously has something wrong with her. A symbol of why they think they are better than you. Oh please, what a tool.

Well you got me there because I absolutely despise this format of YouTube video that is becoming commonplace. I just want to see the clip thanks I don’t need some 20-somethings self aggrandizing attempt to pay his world of Warcraft bill with Youtube dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

If you have issues ..its your responsibility to get help for them

Absolutely disgusting comment. There are a lot of people who unfortunately don't even realize how their condition may have deteriorated and frankly going off your posts I've seen on this site, you could do with a little help for your narcissism

Well you got me there because I absolutely despise this format of YouTube video that is becoming commonplace. I just want to see the clip thanks I don’t need some 20-somethings self aggrandizing attempt to pay his world of Warcraft bill with Youtube dollars.

That actually annoys me way more then the original guys filming it.

The throwaway remark being "she is going to kill herself" or "she should be forced into therapy. She is unwell"?

I am just genuinely surprised that someone with your posting history is so blasé about what seems to be at the very least, a plausible case of a mentally ill woman's video being shared for nothing else other than to ridicule her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This whole "Karen" thing is retarded.
    People have been campaigning for 10 years to have insensitives stop using that word.

https://www.medisked.com/blog/what-you-say-when/
    3 Things You Say When You Use the R-Word
    “I don’t think before I speak”
    “I have very little respect for people who are intellectually or developmentally disabled”
    “I am not creative enough to come up with a nicer, less offensive, more interesting word.”

That actually annoys me way more then the original guys filming it.

Same by a country mile

It was originally a meme to describe the I want to see your manager type but now just means white woman I don't like.
    I don't agree it means the same thing, it's still a bossy I want to see your manager type.

Plenty of recent examples, the woman in the park calling the police on a black man who asked her to put her dog on a leash, or the woman who challenged a man and called the cops for putting a chalk black lives matter on a small wall at her friends house ...it wasn't her friends house ...it was his...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I believe 'Karen' is the white woman version of the Shaniqua meme i.e. a loud obnoxious black woman.

"Pearl clutching"

"Karen"

Who said boards isn't educational?

The throwaway remark being "she is going to kill herself" or "she should be forced into therapy. She is unwell"?

I am just genuinely surprised that someone with your posting history is so blasé about what seems to be at the very least, a plausible case of a mentally ill woman's video being shared for nothing else other than to ridicule her.

Because I recognize the OP remarks as being facetious and I don’t see indication from the incident that she is a suicide risk.

Like the term gammon, it started out as one thing and turned in to being a slur to working class people, regardless of Brexit.

biko wrote: »
    People have been campaigning for 10 years to have insensitives stop using that word.

“I have very little respect for people who are intellectually or developmentally disabled”
    “I am not creative enough to come up with a nicer, less offensive, more interesting word.”

I'm using it in the pre ten years ago sense..

biko wrote: »

Yet people are "pearl clutching" by pointing out that a video of someone with mental illness is not cool but this is what you have an issue with?

Danzy wrote: »
    Like the term gammon, it started out as one thing and turned in to being a slur to working class people, regardless of Brexit.
    I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with slurring working class people I thought it was aimed at generally middle age or older white males who are right wing and or pro brexit?
    I don't think the person's class has anything to do with it.

• Advertisement

Because I recognize the OP remarks as being facetious and I don’t see indication from the incident that she is a suicide risk.

Oh right...

Well then perhaps you and the op should have shared this between yourselves via pm as it doesn't come across as facetious. It comes across as callous and mean.

And I do see evidence of self harm. Which is a sign of suicidal tendencies.

Advertisement