Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I have wine and a bowl of Tayto so to hell with the effing grass!

You go girl!

*Click
    Click
    Click*
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TFIF!
    Does lemon in your G&T count as one of your 5 a day? Asking for a friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Poochie05 wrote: »
    TFIF!

You need to have at least 6 G&Ts. :cool:

ETA: I forgot the 6, Poochie! :D

You need to have at least G&Ts. :cool:

Exactly, was thinking one wouldn’t be enough, I’ll tell my er ... friend :pac:

TFIF!

Definitely. I tried the new Gordon's lemon flavour gin last Saturday night,I love lemons but it's not for me, hate the pink one also, just plain Gin,tonic, slice of lemon lime for me.

Couchside, work was beyond stressful, on my second glass of wine and had a gorgeous takeaway, opted for pizza delivered as too lazy to go to the chipper, I'm like a beached whale now,stuffed but hoping the wine will wash it down. Booked a day off next week just before I left work, I needed something to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Vanish, the thick pink liquid. Rub it in and put in the machine. I am not sure if it will work but worth a try.
    I think you can get a product called 'colour run remover', might be worth a try. Should be available in some of the bigger supermarkets, I'd say.

thanks guys :) will try those

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Could never take to gin at all. I'll remain a porter and whiskey heathen :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TFIF!

Rookie mistake if you didn't poochie
    Definitely. I tried the new Gordon's lemon flavour gin last Saturday night,I love lemons but it's not for me, hate the pink one also, just plain Gin,tonic, slice of lemon lime for me.

Couchside, work was beyond stressful, on my second glass of wine and had a gorgeous takeaway, opted for pizza delivered as too lazy to go to the chipper, I'm like a beached whale now,stuffed but hoping the wine will wash it down. Booked a day off next week just before I left work, I needed something to look forward to.

What kind of pizza ya get 🤤🤤?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Could never take to gin at all. I'll remain a porter and whiskey heathen :pac:

I'd have a banging headache after either gin or wine.
    I do like white rum though.

I conceded that summer was over this evening and brought in my solar lights until probably next April.

To thine own self be true

Just finished me coronavirus curry and it were reet good. For the second wave it'll be zombie curry. :D

• Advertisement

Just ham Sephers, chips peas and chicken goujons also, I'll never eat again lol.

You need to have at least 6 G&Ts. :cool:

ETA: I forgot the 6, Poochie! :D
    Definitely. I tried the new Gordon's lemon flavour gin last Saturday night,I love lemons but it's not for me, hate the pink one also, just plain Gin,tonic, slice of lemon lime for me...

Assumed it was at least 5 Leggy :pac:

Would be the same Duvet, although I’m fussy about my brand of gin, but no flavourings or bits floating around in it and definitely not in a goldfish bowl glass, slim Jim all the way.

Have a good evening folks, I’m on the couch, watching Masterchef Australia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh no the flipping glitch is back.

To thine own self be true

You need an extra gin for luck!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I put so much effort into mine this year. Due to circumstances I had lots of time. But the fooking rain over the last 6 weeks would get you down. I'll either burn it or buy some goats. Grass cutters and they taste great in a curry too!

Misconception. Goats won't eat your grass. But they'll eat the clothes off your line and the wellies you forget to put in the shed and anything else they can find!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tayto fro pre breakfast here :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and fancy bistro crisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hungry for the first time today. Ordered in a pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Watching Leinster Munster on internet TV, unfortunately no beer available :)

Onshuh wrote: »
    Just finished me coronavirus curry and it were reet good. For the second wave it'll be zombie curry. :D

Ah thee a Yorkshire lad?

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote:
    Would be the same Duvet, although I’m fussy about my brand of gin, but no flavourings or bits floating around in it and definitely not in a goldfish bowl glass, slim Jim all the way.

What's your gin of choice Poochie? Dingle is definitely my favourite.

Sardonicat wrote:
    Ah thee a Yorkshire lad?

Nay nay! In my head I said it in a Geordie accent :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Misconception. Goats won't eat your grass. But they'll eat the clothes off your line and the wellies you forget to put in the shed and anything else they can find!

They also eat burnt trash and briars. And they are fond of baseball cap bills.

Nay nay! In my head I said it in a Geordie accent :pac:
    Now I have to reimagine the voice
    *mind whirring*
    Sorted, mon.

Sardonicat wrote:
    Now I have to reimagine the voice *mind whirring* Sorted, mon.

You're dead tidy mon... hope you get a negative test result. :)

Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray.
    Dingle is nice but I’m not really one for any of these new gins, they normally taste too floral for my liking.

Was a Gordon's drinker when I was student as it was the only alternative was Cork, Much to the derision of my pals

as it was the only alternative was Cork, Much to the derision of my pals

Ohhh it's like that so poochie is it 😒😒😼

😝

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

When only the best will do
    525321.jpg

Pizza is here. It's yummy, I'm starving. Good signs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I get the Beefeater blackcurrant or blood orange gins mix with sugar free lemon and lime. Tasty. But I get why some people like the clear gin.

They also eat burnt trash and briars. And they are fond of baseball cap bills.

Yep, pretty much anything except what you want them to eat. i.e the grass!

Watching the Late Late Show, jeez things are a bad state, must be years since i've been this desperate for entertainment. Ready to leap on the remote at first misery segment.
    I predict hoards of new paddleboarders flocking to Furbo though. Dem Galway fishermen, awww, they're so lovely :D

I love Dingle gin!

I love Dingle gin!

My fav is Bombay Sapphire, then Gunpower gin from Drumshambo for it's different-ness and Leitrim-ness. And any kind of pink gin. With you on the Slim Jim glasses Poochie!

I'm struggling to drink here. :eek:

I'm obviously seriously ill. :pac:

• Advertisement

I have my fingers crossed that you'll have a negative result Sardicat.

I was never fond of gin. I did try to be thanks to the beautiful looking bottles and ideas of being a femme fatale. My palatte just isn't refined enough for it's dryness.

In the leaba with a can of Punk IPA. It's been a funny auld week in my head. Off to the doc on Monday to sort meself out. Fùcking place though isn't taking appointments. You have to ring on the day and hope for the best. I wanted to arrange a visit with mammy on that day too.

If I can't see my usual doc when I ring then I'm changing clinics.

I have my fingers crossed that you'll have a negative result Sardicat.

I was never fond of gin. I did try to be thanks to the beautiful looking bottles and ideas of being a femme fatale. My palatte just isn't refined enough for it's dryness.

In the leaba with a can of Punk IPA. It's been a funny auld week in my head. Off to the doc on Monday to sort meself out. Fùcking place though isn't taking appointments. You have to ring on the day and hope for the best. I wanted to arrange a visit with mammy on that day too.

If I can't see my usual doc when I ring then I'm changing clinics.
    Actually being allowed to even speak to a Doctor on the phone is like going through a medieval quest at the moment. I had to face off with The Knights that say "NIH!" before I was allowed to hear the voice of an actual doctor this morning.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Actually being allowed to even speak to a Doctor on the phone is like going through a medieval quest at the moment. I had to face off with The Knights that say "NIH!" before I was allowed to hear the voice of an actual doctor this morning.

I do sometimes wonder of it has anything to do with the doctors own policy, Covid as well, but is due to dictatorial power tripping receptionists.

I do sometimes wonder of it has anything to do with the doctors own policy, Covid as well, but is due to dictatorial power tripping receptionists.
    It's a role that seems to attract a certain type, isn't it? Not all of them, of course, but still, it does seem to be a thing. At my Alma Mater, the campus medical centre receptionist was known as The Rotweiller and that was by the University staff.:D

It's a role that seems to attract a certain type, isn't it? Not all of them, of course, but still, it does seem to be a thing. At my Alma Mater, the campus medical centre receptionist was known as The Rotweiller and that was by the University staff.:D

Yes it really is! I thought it was just me who thought that :) I've dealt with some shocking bad ones down through the years. My best experiences have been the private secretaries of consultants. It reminds me of how minor celebrities are usually the aśsholes and the big stars are sound :D

• Advertisement

Cali_girl wrote: »
    My fav is Bombay Sapphire, then Gunpower gin from Drumshambo for it's different-ness and Leitrim-ness. And any kind of pink gin. With you on the Slim Jim glasses Poochie!

Oh yes, pink gin! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Playing Blink - Map of the Universe real loud here. Who is old enough to remember it?????? Beer too. Lots of steam blowing off!

Feeling lucky i could see my doc yesterday now :o

couchside, playing catch-up, an apple crisp just went into the oven and I had a bath, was meant to do these things on Thursday but I hadn't a hope with my migraine

couchside, playing catch-up, an apple crisp just went into the oven and I had a bath, was meant to do these things on Thursday but I hadn't a hope with my migraine

What's an apple crisp?

Yes it really is! I thought it was just me who thought that :) I've dealt with some shocking bad ones down through the years. My best experiences have been the private secretaries of consultants. It reminds me of how minor celebrities are usually the aśsholes and the big stars are sound :D
    The Rotweiller refused to help a mature student friend of mine who staggered into the centre short of breath, confused and in a panic. Told her to call an ambulance and sent her on her way. I found my mate collapsing on the footpath outside and dragged her in a called out for help. The nurse got her nebulised and stable. No, the centre was not for emergencies, but Jebus, when someone is turning blue and collapsing in front of you and you won't even dial 999 on their behalf...:mad:

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Watching the Late Late Show, jeez things are a bad state, must be years since i've been this desperate for entertainment. Ready to leap on the remote at first misery segment.
    I predict hoards of new paddleboarders flocking to Furbo though. Dem Galway fishermen, awww, they're so lovely :D

Watching it here also, totally agree about the fishermen, more like brothers than father and son,so lovely. The 2 girls were lovely also, I was teary listening to them, it was an awful experience for them, brilliant outcome tg.

Sipping slowly here, every bone aching, it was a long difficult week and I think sitting so long at a desk is making my body seize up,I need a very long walk.
    I think we all need some excitement ,it's all starting to catch up now ,I'm bored and fed up, the darker evenings aren't helping, I'd love a few weeks of lovely weather and a bit of heat. I'm a moany cow tonight. 😂

Is the migraine gone now, Cat?

Is the migraine gone now, Cat?

it is thank god, hope it stays away :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement