Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Is it like apple crumble? Looks lovely, I'd put heaps of whipped cream on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's what i would call a crumble, fecking delish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Rather confusingly the Americans call crumble crisp 😀 equally delicious though, that looks lovely Cat Lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

yeah it's quite similar to it :D

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The Rotweiller refused to help a mature student friend of mine who staggered into the centre short of breath, confused and in a panic. Told her to call an ambulance and sent her on her way. I found my mate collapsing on the footpath outside and dragged her in a called out for help. The nurse got her nebulised and stable. No, the centre was not for emergencies, but Jebus, when someone is turning blue and collapsing in front of you and you won't even dial 999 on their behalf...:mad:

I don't understand that :( Is it that the person is so tied by protocol and bureaucracy that they lose their humanity?

Do you remember that awful tragedy of the young girl who died from a nut allergy in Dublin a few years back? The responsibility of course is hers when it comes to carrying an epipen. I know that. But God. Her mother was so desperate when she started to get sick that she begged a pharmacist for one and they wouldn't give it :(

I can't figure out that thought process at all at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I remember that case well Diamonds and felt the same as you. You summed it up well there. Terribly sad and avoidable if things were different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Tired Auto tonight and I have lots of training tomorrow.

I remember that story about the girl with the nut allergy it’s very restricted with dispensing of drugs, the laws are very out dated and need to be changed.

Couchside watching the late late show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Misconception. Goats won't eat your grass. But they'll eat the clothes off your line and the wellies you forget to put in the shed and anything else they can find!

Goats still make a great curry though!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »

How do they stir it?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »

I always make the mistake when I'm in Lanzarote of buying goat's milk. It's the prevalent milk there so you have to search the fridge for cow's milk. Always goes down the sink and I've to go back out for another carton.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Misconception. Goats won't eat your grass. But they'll eat the clothes off your line and the wellies you forget to put in the shed and anything else they can find!

Nah! I had a goat for ten years and she waded into grass and nettles etc. Kept the place in good order. Never a mishap with anything else. Gave lovely milk. You go, Grandeod…

I always make the mistake when I'm in Lanzarote of buying goat's milk. It's the prevalent milk there so you have to search the fridge for cow's milk. Always goes down the sink and I've to go back out for another carton.

:eek: Lived on goat milk a decade. Wonderful, and made cheese too. Hated going back to insipid cow milk. Yukk

The Late Late is very good tonight, I'm in tears again but for once Ryan is asking all the right questions, feeling guilty now about being such a moan, covid has caused some people awful grief.

The Late Late is very good tonight, I'm in tears again but for once Ryan is asking all the right questions, feeling guilty now about being such a moan, covid has caused some people awful grief.

Ah here, same again DD. What a dignified woman and interview... Her father'd be so proud of her.
    "Dr Glynn" (as my mother insists on referring to him as she lectures me about random numbers) is lovely too. Great communication style, manages not to be tooo patronising :)

I've gone soft guys :eek: I'm gonna switch back to the end of the Mike Tyson interview, he's talking about the war mindset and discipline and toughness :eek:

Listening to Real Life Angel by Elbow. Out of a random playlist of lots of songs, this was the song our first born and beautiful daughter came out to. Unbelievable timing and fitting for such a girl. :)

• Advertisement

Dr. Glynn is extremely easy on the eye Cali, I'd happily listen to him listing numbers all day.☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Onshuh wrote: »
    I remember that case well Diamonds and felt the same as you. You summed it up well there. Terribly sad and avoidable if things were different.

I think the legal implications and risk of being sued caused that girl's death, it was an awful tragedy.

We're very sue-happy here and payouts are disproportionately large compared to other countries. O'Connell Street isn't the best place to be running into a pharmacy without a prescription either, but the pharmacist should have known when he saw her.

Dr. Glynn is extremely easy on the eye Cali, I'd happily listen to him listing numbers all day.☺️

Fisherman father and sons, DoH CMOs, nothing if not varied DD. (And to quote my mother for the second time this evening and probably ever, yup, I'm going STRAIGHT to hell) Hallelujah :p

I think the legal implications and risk of being sued caused that girl's death, it was an awful tragedy.

We're very sue-happy here and payouts are disproportionately large compared to other countries. O'Connell Street isn't the best place to be running into a pharmacy without a prescription either, but the pharmacist should have known when he saw her.

We are.

There is maybe a moral question in there. Do you risk causing harm and being sued in order to attempt to save a life? Or do you risk not doing anything? Rationally I know that it's a situation we would have to be in ourselves to know what to do. The stronger feeling part of me though just doesn't understand doing nothing.

Either way very sad.

Wait, does the late late show be off for the summer?.

• Advertisement

There is maybe a moral question in there. Do you risk causing harm and being sued in order to attempt to save a life? Or do you risk not doing anything? Rationally I know that it's a situation we would have to be in ourselves to know what to do. The stronger feeling part of me though just doesn't understand doing nothing.

I agree. Behind all the laws etc., I can't understand the pharmacist not intervening to save that girl's life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It comes back in the autumn gremlin 😛

Jeez it's been a loooooooooong time since i watched it, thought it was a year round nuisance..

Yes,first night back on tonight, it was very good imo.

Bedside only because my phone needed charging , is it warmer tonight or is my internal central heating system kicking in,I'm usually frozen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside only because my phone needed charging , is it warmer tonight or is my internal central heating system kicking in,I'm usually frozen.

Maybe you left on the immersion 🤔?

I'm warm too. Put on my flannel pjs expecting to be freezing but I've the duvet off me, the wooly socks off me (who can forget fungus gate :-p)

I've forgotten how to make the 'tongue out' emoji!!! My fingers can't remember the keys. Weird.

Lemme practise. :-p :p :P

OK. Crisis averted :D

I'm warm too. Put on my flannel pjs expecting to be freezing but I've the duvet off me, the wooly socks off me (who can forget fungus gate :-p)

I can still remember the picture you drew lol.

Listening to the brilliant Jesca Hoop and Sam Beam - A soft place to land. For any soft souls out there that need comforting. Goodnight crayturs :)

• Advertisement

I can still remember the picture you drew lol.

You know I think I might still have it saved on my phone..........

Back deskside, now with added tea :)

Is it this one?

Anyways its a nice little image for Onshuh to have before he falls asleep :p

The only emoji that posts for me is the blushing one,all the others are just squiggles, weird.

Of course they all have lovely feet.... :D goodnight

Oh god, now I'm thinking about Fergie and the toe sucking incident, yuck.

We are.

Either way very sad.

"Evil happens when men stand by and do nothing."

And the parable of the Good Samaritan. The condemnation of those who "walked by on the other side. "

There is no risk, in the long term . There is doing right and not doing right. It is not easy but nothing worthwhile is easy. Been there done that and regardless of the pain, I will always do that. You will have no peace unless you act.

The only emoji that posts for me is the blushing one,all the others are just squiggles, weird.

I've noticed that with your posts and a few others Duvet. I'm on the touch site on phone so I type them out manually. The only ones I know how to do are sad, happy, tongue out, and pac man.
    Wouldn't it be great if they were all we had in real life! :D

Is it this one?

Anyways its a nice little image for Onshuh to have before he falls asleep :p

Ewww 😷🤢🤮

😛

• Advertisement

Ewww 😷🀢🀮

😛

*strangles a kitty*

:pac:

We are.

Either way very sad.

I don't know this case?

Onshuh wrote: »
    Listening to the brilliant Jesca Hoop and Sam Beam - A soft place to land. For any soft souls out there that need comforting. Goodnight crayturs :)

's gorgeous. Thanks Ohshuh. Never heard them before...

Graces7 wrote: »
    I don't know this case?

I can't remember the details. A few years back a teenager had a serious allergic reaction to food she had eaten in a restaurant. There were nuts present. Her mother ran in to a chemist to get an epi-pen for her but they refused. The girl died. There is more to it than that I'm sure.

I remember wondering if location was a big issue in that case, with the likelihood of drug addicts and scam artists chancing their arm sometimes but surely you'd see a genuine case from a bs one? I don't know, it was tragic..

I can't remember the details. A few years back a teenager had a serious allergic reaction to food she had eaten in a restaurant. There were nuts present. Her mother ran in to a chemist to get an epi-pen for her but they refused. The girl died. There is more to it than that I'm sure.

OUCH!

• Advertisement

Cali_girl wrote:
    's gorgeous. Thanks Ohshuh. Never heard them before...

No worries Cali. I recommend the album that's taken from highly and Sam Beam is Iron and Wine who I'd recommend highly aswell if you're not a fan already.

I really should go to bed but goddamit Richard Hawley is singing Tonight the streets are ours so it's not happening yet! :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sardonicat, if you've to get tested and have no way of getting there , they will organise for you to be tested at home .

An amusing sight seeing someone in full PPE pulling up outside your house :)
    (If it wasn't such a serious issue)

The day before I was choppered out of here to hospital a dr I had never met arrived at the house in top to toe baby blue PPE. and asked, " Do you know who I am?"

You have to see the humour. It is what makes all this even remotely bearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Still awake zombie like. My sister sent me 12 messages in a row on WhatsApp. No energy to respond.

Still awake zombie like. My sister sent me 12 messages in a row on WhatsApp. No energy to respond.

That's a tad excessive, no?. Says me with a bazillion posts here :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's a tad excessive, no?. Says me with a bazillion posts here :o

Long story. She met some guy and is on about him. I told her I was exhausted from work etc. The reason I didn't reply is I'll get another 12 messages then again. It's like some stream of consciousness thing with her before she goes to sleep. I could say can't talk at work, can't talk eating dinner, can't talk someone with me but it doesn't sink in.
    Still love her though god help us haha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement