Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

F1 on here also, please let anybody but Hamilton win .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sitting having a coffee , making potato cakes later on , great decision to make them on a day I know the kids and their families won't be calling in :pac:

Potato cakes! I'm on my way :D

F1 on here also, please let anybody but Hamilton win .

Apparently he only wins because of the car he drives :D

Apparently he only wins because of the car he drives :D

Not sure about that lol,unfortunately I have to admit he's a fantastic driver but he just bugs me,anyway I'm hoping Sainz does well, I reckon he's one to watch for the future.

I'm heading to the beach just need to haul myself off the couch, rigor mortis is setting in ,need to move but I'm so tired/lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Potato cakes! I'm on my way :D

I've made a rod for my own back really haven't I ? !
    I'll have them ready , you'll find me easy enough I'll be the one out with a pitchfork fending off unwanted callers :D

About to mop the kitchen floor, just taking a little break first after all the scrubbing and hoovering.

Just booked a weekend break for himselfs birthday. Dog friendly hotel, so will be bringing Khali along too. Yay!! Absolutely can't wait now!!

And before the cat ambassador comes along... No I'm not bringing the cats.. no they won't feel left out.. yes it would be unsafe for them.. yes I will bring them home a surprise! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's a lovely day here, sun shining, no humidity and warm enough to sit out.

I might even cut the grass!

It's a lovely day here, sun shining, no humidity and warm enough to sit out.

I might even cut the grass!

Same here leg end. I'm sitting outside waiting for the kitchen floor to dry. Maybe it's dry already but I'll tell myself it's not and enjoy the outdoors for another while. Like you say, there's no humidity and there's a lovely warm breeze
    Himself is cutting the grass and I do like to watch a man at work.

Ugh.. reading that back is a bit depressing though. We're like something from Ann and Barry. Daddy is cutting the grass. Mammy is mopping the kitchen floor. :(

Same here leg end. I'm sitting outside waiting for the kitchen floor to dry. Maybe it's dry already but I'll tell myself it's not and enjoy the outdoors for another while. Like you say, there's no humidity and there's a lovely warm breeze
    Himself is cutting the grass and I do like to watch a man at work.

Ugh.. reading that back is a bit depressing though. We're like something from Ann and Barry. Daddy is cutting the grass. Mammy is mopping the kitchen floor. :(

:D

You're lucky we're not the easily offended types!

• Advertisement

I loved Ann and Barry :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully we get there before the human hoover aka Sephers sees Mams post.

Well.......the absolute cheek of ya 😼
    About to mop the kitchen floor, just taking a little break first after all the scrubbing and hoovering.

Just booked a weekend break for himselfs birthday. Dog friendly hotel, so will be bringing Khali along too. Yay!! Absolutely can't wait now!!

And before the cat ambassador comes along... No I'm not bringing the cats.. no they won't feel left out.. yes it would be unsafe for them.. yes I will bring them home a surprise! :D

I see 😒😼

Well you could have consulted them at least before booking .......

😛😛🤣🤣

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Sitting having a coffee , making potato cakes later on , great decision to make them on a day I know the kids and their families won't be calling in :pac:

got any leftovers? :D

*slides plate over*

Couchside, having a relaxing day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitchen. Listening to the radio on the laptop. Football. Beer. Chinese takeaway later. Nearly as good as going out.

Considering a trip to the pub. Although 'fusbol' is on the menu tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Found this on Facebook :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchenside making dinner
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    We'll slide our plates over instead Mam :pac:

Hey poochie that's my line.......

*gets coat*

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

OK im going to ask, Mam, how do you make yours?

OK im going to ask, Mam, how do you make yours?

Nothing adventurous Grem , just mash , salt , pepper , an egg and flour to bind together then onto a hot pan until browned and crispy on the outside . Then cut in the middle , sprinkle of pepper , butter , which then drips out as you're eating.. with a hot mug of tea .
    (Could never put anything else in the mix or the kids wouldn't eat them tbh )

Nothing adventurous Grem , just mash , salt , pepper , an egg and flour to bind together then onto a hot pan until browned and crispy on the outside . Then cut in the middle , sprinkle of pepper , butter , which then drips out as you're eating.. with a hot mug of tea .

The only thing I add to that are scallions or onions. Otherwise you are spot on. I make them up and leave them in the fridge for a while. Don't pan fry them anymore. I brush with oil and airfry them. But I used to fry em up in the pan, when I had a pan big enough. They are delicious. I'm sure you enjoyed them.

Match over. Another expected result. Time for another beer and a phonecall to the Chinese!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, chilled out and thinking of what I need to prep for dinner.

Met my best mate in Ashtown Castle in the Park earlier for a catch up and coffee. The place was jammers and the queues for coffee a mile long. Then had a
    28 lengths swim at the pool and a bit of light grocery shopping on the way home.

All in all it’s been a pretty chilled weekend - just the way I like ‘em. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside, chilled out and thinking of what I need to prep for dinner.

Met my best mate in Ashtown Castle in the Park earlier for a catch up and coffee. The place was jammers and the queues for coffee a mile long. Then had a
    28 lengths swim at the pool and a bit of light grocery shopping on the way home.

All in all it’s been a pretty chilled weekend - just the way I like ‘em. :D

I wouldn't think of 28 lengths of the pool chilled :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They've updated it, now it's Mammy is taking Anne to the sexual health clinic, second Mammy is off at the dog fights and Barry is playing Fortnite with Stepdaddy. Daddy is still locked in his cage. Where he waits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

I loved Ann and Barry :)

That takes me back:) along with busy at maths, can't remember how many they were
    Couchside watching NCIS with a beer, hope ye all are well
    Jupiter, if i did 28 lengths, i'm positive i'd end up in Hospital, in the cardiac ward

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I also found some time to do some more art - mainly acrylic pieces on A3 white card. Some flowers (including one in metallic copper paint), Mars landscapes and one of Ireland’s Eye I painted from a photo I took in July.

Enjoy! :)

11417_j7q1cxe1v6c5sxm0.jpeg

11417_hl4jctylcfnc2kj4.jpeg

11417_vtxivqqu2ngh6qhr.jpeg

11417_bjm2g4fcw9f2nf9x.jpeg

11417_kvfx1rtuz02ew6f9.jpeg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very nice, i usually use a little bit of melted butter for binding and chill in fridge before frying.. If there's any left over (hah) it gets split down the middle and grilled the following day. Oh want now.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The only thing I add to that are scallions or onions. Otherwise you are spot on. I make them up and leave them in the fridge for a while. Don't pan fry them anymore. I brush with oil and airfry them. But I used to fry em up in the pan, when I had a pan big enough. They are delicious. I'm sure you enjoyed them.

Match over. Another expected result. Time for another beer and a phonecall to the Chinese!
    I'd also add garlic and cheese.

It's a sad day chez leg - I can no longer deny that lockdown and wfm has not been kind to my waist line. The even more shocking realisation is that most of the extra calories were in liquid form, so from this day forth, I shall be a sensible weekend-only drinker.

As if life wasn't tedious enough at the moment.

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I wants some now.

Who do I slide my plate over to??

It's a sad day chez leg - I can no longer deny that lockdown and wfm has not been kind to my waist line. The even more shocking realisation is that most of the extra calories were in liquid form, so from this day forth, I shall be a sensible weekend-only drinker.

*sigh*

*hugs*
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I wants some now.

Who do I slide my plate over to??

*readies plate*

:pac:

Just home after a brilliant afternoon in West Cork, there's nowhere nicer imo ,long walk on the beach without as much as a breeze and very warm, then onto another beach for another walk. Headed to one of my favourite hotels ( on another beach lol) and had a lovely meal and drink sitting outside in the evening sun. Only one bad incident, I went to the loo before we left, bad smell as soon as I went in and all 3 cubicles occupied. I've a weak stomach so was glad of my mask and stood there hoping I wouldn't get the smelly cubicle anyway there was a lot of rustling going on and then a massive 'explosion ',so I left because I just couldn't face into any cubicle at that stage. Seriously, you'd think people would wait until they go home, that happened about an hour ago and I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 cubicles are still locked, maybe it's just me but I can't go under those conditions.

Work again tomorrow lads..might chance the lotto again this week.

kowloon wrote: »
    They've updated it, now it's Mammy is taking Anne to the sexual health clinic, second Mammy is off at the dog fights and Barry is playing Fortnite with Stepdaddy. Daddy is still locked in his cage. Where he waits.

:D:D Great improvement!!

• Advertisement

We need a giant one of these installed here.

giphy-downsized.gif

Ted!!! Where is the dip?

*sigh*

Away with you with your garlic and cheese in the Spud Burgers.:D

For me during lockdown and still virtually no work, I combined having a jar with limited food. If I drank, little food. If I eat big, no drinkies. Not a bad combo.

Listening to Simple Minds live from 1985.

Ted!!! Where is the dip?

This is not the final version. We can add whatever food of choice.

We need a giant one of these installed here.

giphy-downsized.gif

Thought there were keys in the bowl in the centre :eek:

This is not the final version. We can add whatever food of choice.

an initial attempt with no dips, i don't know Ted :P

Similar to dips for Grem, a bowl for keys can be arranged for you.

Now it is becoming clear how you became a mother of 64. :D:D

Mam!!! Good on you, lol. No Beemer or Audi keys for me, I like a man that can use his 'indicator'.

Mam!!! Good on you, lol. No Beemer or Audi keys for me, I like a man that can use his 'indicator'.

Surely gearknob??

• Advertisement

G'wan Mam! You throw yours in first and I'll follow.

Duvet I'd rather masterful control of the gear stick in a man so we won't be fighting over the same man.

Similar to dips for Grem, a bowl for keys can be arranged for you.

Now it is becoming clear how you became a mother of 64. :D:D

Ted !! :p

Gearknobs, indicators , shocking minds you all have !

I'm in! But I've a belly full of beer and Curry.:D

tenor.gif

G'wan Mam! You throw yours in first and I'll follow.

Duvet I'd rather masterful control of the gear stick in a man so we won't be fighting over the same man.

The gear stick action is overrated imo but that's for another thread.😉

The gear stick action is overrated imo but that's for another thread.��

Need a manual gear box for proper feel

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm in! But I've a belly full of beer and Curry.:D

tenor.gif

I'll pass Grande, I've encountered enough people today that seem to have been on the beer and curry.

• Advertisement

True story - when I started to learn to drive the only thing I didn't struggle with was the gear stick. I often nearly ended up in a ditch, but the car was always effortlessly in the right gear.

Line up gentlemen, your clutches and gear sticks are in for a treat. :pac:

I'll pass Grande, I've encountered enough people today that seem to have been on the beer and curry.

Ah Duvet, I'm great with the indicator despite the beer and curry. Mrs G would agree that the gear stick isn't the best after a feed.

She just instructed me to make that point here.:D

Mrs. G is spot on.

I was going to word that a little differently but I'll keep it clean. 😂

A manual indicator I would have thought Grem. Flick, Flick and all that.:eek: Some men like me swear by it after agreement with the boss!

Mrs. G is spot on.

I was going to word that a little differently but I'll keep it clean. ��

Mrs G always demands SPOT ON.:D We get you. She's here with me agreeing with you and pucking my arm. Really wish she would sign up here, but won't.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement