Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Graces7 wrote: »
    Imagine that on a small island! Have a look at what a lovely lady called Mrs Cotter was faced with on Cape Clear Island. When I was on the ferry moving here, with three cats they asked ARE THEY FIXED? They had had a similar situation here. Tory Island was a disgrace the brutal way they went; and rescues in the UK would have taken all the cats from there.

I've been to Cape Clear, great birdlife there, cats could destroy the place.
    Not just cat sex, inbred cat sex too!

d579ab393e1fecae3d71f72a39d34094.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Captain grem is on the bridge for another night's navigation of production duties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Captain grem is on the bridge for another night's navigation of production duties

Warp factor what Grem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Warp factor what Grem?

Unfortunately we have an infestation of klingons on the starboard bow so progress may be impeded

Unfortunately we have an infestation of klingons on the starboard bow so progress may be impeded

See you around the Galaxy so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Star Trekking Across The Universe, class fun tune Grem !

Cooking a spicy bean burger and chips here , burger is Aldis finest , no pretentiousness in this house :pac:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    See you around the Galaxy so!

There is no around, there is only through :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kowloon wrote: »
    I've been to Cape Clear, great birdlife there, cats could destroy the place.

d579ab393e1fecae3d71f72a39d34094.jpg
    So, that's why Gilbert constantly tries to get in the bread bin.He was fixed but might need more fixing

Ah the poor cat :( Bet you they don't like having their head stuck through a slice of bread.

I am couchside.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Cooking a spicy bean burger and chips here , burger is Aldis finest , no pretentiousness in this house :pac:

I have my big list for Aldi ready for tomorrow. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Grem's post.

There's klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow starboard bow
    There's klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off Jim!

... or Grem. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ah the poor cat :( Bet you they don't like having their head stuck through a slice of bread.

I am couchside.

I wouldn't do it to my cats, but I did make one wear a big colourful clown collar type thing in the hope that birds would see him. He ripped it to shreds like everything else.

A bit like this:
    BergamotforBirdsbesafeCo-web-HarryDunsCopyright2016allrightsreserved_2048x.jpg?v=1517022191

I think animals in costumes is cruel. They are animals not toys or people.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So, that's why Gilbert constantly tries to get in the bread bin.He was fixed but might need more fixing

Gilbert ?

The same as in W. Gilbert Grace ?

Does Gilbert play cricket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

I think animals in costumes is cruel. They are animals not toys or people.

have u seen the pain in pets faces from the infrared aspect on camera lens, people forcing their cats into pictures for selfish likes and u can literally see the poor animal crying with a confused mixture of pain and loyalty.

1990sman wrote: »
    have u seen the pain in pets faces from the infrared aspect on camera lens, people forcing their cats into pictures for selfish likes and u can literally see the poor animal crying with a confused mixture of pain and loyalty.

Explain this one, because if it's a thing the vast majority of security sensors and wildlife cameras need changing

kowloon wrote: »
    I wouldn't do it to my cats, but I did make one wear a big colourful clown collar type thing in the hope that birds would see him. He ripped it to shreds like everything else.

A bit like this:
    BergamotforBirdsbesafeCo-web-HarryDunsCopyright2016allrightsreserved_2048x.jpg?v=1517022191

Some on the cycling forum think that wearing dayglo clothing does not make you more visible to others - I wonder if that applies to birds as well ?

I dont mind dressing them up a little like that but draw the line at a silly bell hanging out of a collar. ( Very appropriate for a neutered Tom all the same :D )

3d4life wrote: »
    Gilbert ?

The same as in W. Gilbert Grace ?

Does Gilbert play cricket ?

Eh, no, he's a cat. He does like playing with balls (don't we all) but his primary interests are food and sleep and looking fantastic

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Grem's post.

There's klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow starboard bow
    There's klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off Jim!

... or Grem. :pac:

Thank God you got where I was going with that !
    Love that song , great mood lifter !

Having raspberry and custard biscuits here now .

Grandeeod, happy shopping and hope Miss G is settling well into school :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and 4 squares of creamy lindt chocolate.

• Advertisement

1990sman wrote: »

I haven't. I was awful fond of a particular cat gif at one stage until it was pointed out to me that it is more than likely a real cat and the pose is possible because of strings.
    Don't ask me how I thought it wasn't a real one to begin with. Shure lookit. Mind acrobatics probably.

I don't even love cats, in fact I barely like them. They are living creatures though and it just isn't cool to toy with them in such a way.

Only 2 of us here tonight and just had toasties and chips, hit the spot. I did a big Aldi shop after work, can you believe they have the tubs of Christmas sweets already, crazy ffs.

I've only ever make toasties in the George foreman, I've never used it for anything, half sorry I dumped the sandwich maker,I think it made nicer sandwiches.

Couchside about to put on my programme, Married at first sight Australia, addicted to it.

Explain this one, because if it's a thing the vast majority of security sensors and wildlife cameras need changing

Maybe the pain is from the forced stupid picture rather than the infrared. I don't know.
    I'm getting soft in me auld age :p

I don't even love cats, in fact I barely like them. ......

:eek:

Some things are better left unposted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some things are better left unposted

Agreed ☹️😿

Only 2 of us here tonight and just had toasties and chips, hit the spot. I did a big Aldi shop after work, can you believe they have the tubs of Christmas sweets already, crazy ffs.

I've only ever make toasties in the George foreman, I've never used it for anything, half sorry I dumped the sandwich maker,I think it made nicer sandwiches.

Couchside about to put on my programme, Married at first sight Australia, addicted to it.

Sandwich toasters are brilliant imo , MAFSA on here too Duvet .

Cats and infrared: they can't see it, more likely to sense heat, here's the science

Some insects, such as bedbugs, can also detect infrared radiation, using it like snakes to detect the living creatures that they want to feed from. Other insects also detect infrared, but for a different reason: some beetles use this capacity to detect forest fires, not to allow them to escape, but to allow them to head towards burning areas so that they can lay their eggs in newly burnt wood.

It'd be more difficult for warm blooded creatures like mammals to have infrared vision because our bodies are warm, which would create massive interference, with own production of infrared swamping our senses. Vampire bats have a way of getting around this. They have heat-sensitive pits on their nose that are thermally insulated from the surrounding tissues. These allow them to "see" the warm patches that indicate the location of superficial blood vessels on their victims.

So what about cats being able to find the warm patch on the bed? Cats do not have infrared vision but they do have sensitive heat receptors in their skin, making it easy to seek out warm patches to sleep.

Source Pete Wedderburn - Animal Doctor

September 24 2015 01:48 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couch side

Won't comment on much here, it tends to get my into trouble. :o

Couch side

I have the chair warm for you Paws :D

• Advertisement

Maybe the pain is from the forced stupid picture rather than the infrared. I don't know.
    I'm getting soft in me auld age :p

The way it is with CGI now, you can never believe anything that you see.

See its just after bedtime

Night, Night :)

The way it is with CGI now, you can never believe anything that you see.

See its just after bedtime

Night, Night :)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have the chair warm for you Paws :D

Well it goes without saying given my profession that animals aren't toys. They shouldn't be dressed up and used like puppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Couch side

there is varying levels of bold here.

There was talk of pimping out a transit van with a mattress here earlier.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

And Cat Sex. Don't forget the Cat Sex! Inbred Cat Sex too. Then there was talk of indicators and gear sticks. If it all went on in the transit van, I'll pay good money for the pics and video footage. I believe there is a market for it.....apparently.:D

I wasn't there.:D

Over on the 'Camper Van' forum they get up to much worse than that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is Tedo handing out smut bans tonight?

To thine own self be true

Over on the 'Camper Van' forum they get up to much worse than that :P

The husband of my former boss does that kind of business.

It could be a ban or a trip to the principal's office PM.

Yup, called gags :pac:

Are camper vans used in the dogging business or something? :p

Are camper vans used in the dogging business or something? :p
    Only for pedigrees

• Advertisement

Only for pedigrees

I would have thought it would be more of a mongrel thing :p

I would have thought it would be more of a mongrel thing :p

Transit vans for those

Transit vans for those

It could be a ban or a trip to the principal's office PM.

Will you punish us with your indicators or gear stick?

Furry dice for a tickle?

Don't worry, I'll get my car keys ...

Furry dice for a tickle?

What are those flashing nobs!?:eek:

Furry dice for a tickle?

Punishment by massive ban hammer default_eyebrow.gif

What are those flashing nobs!?:eek:

Ted didn't get fixed. :cool:

Punishment by massive ban hammer

Keep talking ... :P

Just found Beverly Hills Cop on Sky One.

Gotta love Axel.

I once lived next door to swingers. When they were swinging, they lit a red light on the landing. The driveway would be full of cars and outside on the road too. I'd hear low music and chat around 9pm and then forget about it. Often was woken during the night to indicators and gear sticks or whatever. They tried to keep quiet, but it inevitably failed. Some nights me and Mrs G lay in bed awake listening to the carry on laughing our asses off. When Ms G was born, I had to have a word with them and it was the most uncomfortable word I ever had to have. :D

Professional people. No kids. Very funny.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement