Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside still , looking for something to watch.

Keep talking ... :P

Well ya see 😏😏........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think animals in costumes is cruel. They are animals not toys or people.

The clown collar is so they don't kill so many birds. Didn't work anyway. Tried another one that uses an accelerometer to make a beep when the cat is stalking so the birds fly away. That did seem to work until the cat got the collar off and it was never seen again.

What have I started? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I once lived next door to swingers. When they were swinging, they lit a red light on the landing. The driveway would be full of cars and outside on the road too. I'd hear low music and chat around 9pm and then forget about it. Often was woken during the night to indicators and gear sticks or whatever. They tried to keep quiet, but it inevitably failed. Some nights me and Mrs G lay in bed awake listening to the carry on laughing our asses off. When Ms G was born, I had to have a word with them and it was the most uncomfortable word I ever had to have. :D

Professional people. No kids. Very funny.
    Were you and Mrs G ever invited to a soiree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Were you and Mrs G ever invited to a soiree?

Never. Different class and different age. At the time we were probably the youngest on the road anyway who had no right to be buying a house in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I once lived next door to swingers. When they were swinging, they lit a red light on the landing. The driveway would be full of cars and outside on the road too. I'd hear low music and chat around 9pm and then forget about it. Often was woken during the night to indicators and gear sticks or whatever. They tried to keep quiet, but it inevitably failed. Some nights me and Mrs G lay in bed awake listening to the carry on laughing our asses off. When Ms G was born, I had to have a word with them and it was the most uncomfortable word I ever had to have. :D

vMZEv2P.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Since lockdown I like many others I'm sure have been wandering around the estate and taking more notice of people's gardens.... There are many houses sporting well established pampas grass plants in the front garden.... I'm beginning to wonder what type of neighbourhood I'm living in :D

I'm still on the Buffy reruns... I'm getting clothes nostalgia...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Is pampas grass the swinger's equivalent of balloons for a children's party?

Is pampas grass the swinger's equivalent of balloons for a children's party?

Apparently so, I'd love to see the party bags.

Couchside, watching Bosch. Suddenly nervous about my new palm tree :eek:

There's a couple living a few doors away from me and they have a cat with a collar and bell and I've SEEN THEM WALK IT WITH A LEAD. Freaked me the *&%k out :eek: I saw them in the park the other day (sans kitty) and I'm surprised the look I gave them didn't kill 'em both stone dead. :mad:

Meanwhile on the domestic front, I'm home alone, watching TV in low light and just saw TWO spiders scurrying about. In different rooms. Is it a weather thing?

• Advertisement

Apparently so, I'd love to see the party bags.

Grass seed and chlamydia no doubt. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Cali_girl wrote: »

There's a couple living a few doors away from me and they have a cat with a collar and bell and I've SEEN THEM WALK IT WITH A LEAD. Freaked me the *&%k out :eek: I saw them in the park the other day (sans kitty) and I'm surprised the look I gave them didn't kill 'em both stone dead. :mad:

Meanwhile on the domestic front, I'm home alone, watching TV in low light and just saw TWO spiders scurrying about. In different rooms. Is it a weather thing?
    It's the time of year for them. Argh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You should have seen the big black ones I saw today , all I did was move a bag of blocks and a load of them scurried about the place , they looked like something you'd find in Aus!

You should have seen the big black ones I saw today , all I did was move a bag of blocks and a load of them scurried about the place , they looked like something you'd find in Aus!

Terrifying.
    I just dropped the biggest hardback book I have on the living room monster. 1-nil to me. Simultaneously proud at my bravery and horrified at the carnage. I now have a big book that will live on the floor forever, and a corner I can never enter again.... There's splashage...

OMG hope he didn't have big mean hairy friends :eek:

I have a spider catcher. Best invention ever.

I have a spider catcher. Best invention ever.

I'm on (amazon-on-ing) it. Battery operated one? Thanks...

• Advertisement

Terrifying.
    I just dropped the biggest hardback book I have on the living room monster. 1-nil to me. Simultaneously proud at my bravery and horrified at the carnage. I now have a big book that will live on the floor forever, and a corner I can never enter again.... There's splashage...

OMG hope he didn't have big mean hairy friends :eek:

I seen a video before where a woman hit a spider with a brush and a load of spider babies came out 🤢😮

Lock your door 😏

😛

I'm on (amazon-on-ing) it. Battery operated one? Thanks...

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3579057

It's perfect and has a long handle so you can reach places.

I think it cost me about 9 euro and I literally use it every day. My apartment is breeding the little beggars.

I think it cost me about 9 euro and I literally use it every day. My apartment is breeding the little beggars.

Thanks, Argos were out but ordered the XL from Amazon :D Ripped off but do not care!!! - I will need to sleep at some point in the future.
    I'll release them. Onto the M8 my Corkonian friend :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone got any millipede home defence strategies they'd like to share?

• Advertisement

Thanks, Argos were out but ordered the XL from Amazon :D Ripped off but do not care!!! - I will need to sleep at some point in the future.

***Actually I'm going figure out exactly which house the weird cat on a leash couple live in and drop em off there. Might give poor kitty cat some fun.

Anyone got any millipede home defence strategies they'd like to share?

Nope sorry.
    And that's enough with the horrors for tonight. I'm back to my serial killers and Bosch. :pac:

AHH here 🤮🙀

😝

Oh that's pretty much the same thing. You will love it trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's my monthly insomnia night. Yawn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My weekend is approaching, hope you can catch up on your sleep later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Happy Tuesday!!!!

Working 9-5, what a way to make a living :D

Miserable grey drizzly morning here, don't care off for tea and bed soon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Only 2 of us here tonight and just had toasties and chips, hit the spot. I did a big Aldi shop after work, can you believe they have the tubs of Christmas sweets already, crazy ffs..

Did you buy any ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

kowloon wrote: »
    The clown collar is so they don't kill so many birds. Didn't work anyway. Tried another one that uses an accelerometer to make a beep when the cat is stalking so the birds fly away. That did seem to work until the cat got the collar off and it was never seen again.

What have I started? :(

She didn't mean you. She meant people forcing them to wear full on outfits.

La la la Oh sleep, where are yooooooooooooooo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Morning all! :)

Deskside with a freshly made cuppa. Another day at the coalface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Morning all! :)

Deskside with a freshly made cuppa. Another day at the coalface.

Snap, with some added brown bread & honey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Work is boring the life out of me recently.

Lunchtime at the coalface :) what mischief can I get up to :D

smurfjed wrote: »
    Did you buy any ?

Hopefully not as they go down greatly in price by Christmas... ;)

Listening to the torrential rain. Pondering what to knit next....My needles are empty :eek:

Soup, sandwich and boredom here.

• Advertisement

Evening all :) Tis fierce quiet in here, I may have to change that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭I says

Autosport wrote: »

I’m on best behaviour from now till the 21st of the month.

I says wrote: »

Hmmm interesting ;):D

I says wrote: »

Hmmm interesting ;):D

Are you considering doing the same?

I don’t understand the question :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Dinner (a beef casserole in the oven and roast potatoes) nicely coming along, chilled out here, horizontal on the couch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Evening all :)Tis fierce quiet in here, I may have to change that :D

Hmmm, should I cause some mischief?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Hmmm, should I cause some mischief?

That was the same as saying Beetlejuice three times Auto !!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That was the same as saying Beetlejuice three times Auto !!!

Or Candyman 5 times.

I haven't the energy for mischief so I'll have a shower instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I missed a grass cutting window again today, but I believe there is another one tomorrow and this time it has to be done. I don't care. I can't take looking at the back garden anymore. Cats are having a piss and crap field day.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement