Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

also badly need to strim the grass

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I missed a grass cutting window again today, but I believe there is another one tomorrow and this time it has to be done. I don't care. I can't take looking at the back garden anymore. Cats are having a piss and crap field day.:D
    1990sman wrote: »
    also badly need to strim the grass

This is code for shaving yer danglers and possibly bum'ole with the back garden talk right?

Mind you, I would let the cats pee and poop on mine, but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This is code for shaving yer danglers and possibly bum'ole with the back garden talk right?

Mind you, I would let the cats pee and poop on mine, but each to their own.

It was just about cutting grass, real grass. The green stuff, ya know. I could easily reverse your joke and say its about trimming fannies instead of danglers. Never cut hair on my bum hole. I might try it tonight Might make it a form of erotica and post pics!

The evenings are really closing in. :(
    Brought the dogs to the beach but they only got a quick run around before we started losing light so I brought them to a nearby village with a lovely nature walk and lighting. Home now, have had a cup of tea and lazing with two cats sitting on me. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and lindt chocolate.
    The evenings are really closing in. :(
    Brought the dogs to the beach but they only got a quick run around before we started losing light so I brought them to a nearby village with a lovely nature walk and lighting. Home now, have had a cup of tea and lazing with two cats sitting on me. :)

Did they just jump up on top of ya :3?

Did they just jump up on top of ya :3?

Yeah I'm just a glorified bed to them! Only one left now. I want to go and shower but I don't want to move him. Sigh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah I'm just a glorified bed to them! Only one left now. I want to go and shower but I don't want to move him. Sigh!

Oh you can't move now until he's decided its time for him to move :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Listening to Fleetwood Mac - The Chain. The bassline hasn't kicked in yet......edit it just did!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Very quiet here tonight.
    You must all be at a lock down rave and my invite lost in the spam folder. Sniff.
    Good night peeps.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's oh so quiet
    Shh shh ...

• Advertisement

It's oh so quiet Shh shh ...

It's oh so still...

Onshuh wrote: »
    Listening to Fleetwood Mac - The Chain. The bassline hasn't kicked in yet......edit it just did!! :D

*YouTube's*
    Very quiet here tonight.
    You must all be at a lock down rave and my invite lost in the spam folder. Sniff.
    Good night peeps.

Ya......that's what happened 🙄

😝😛😜

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tired and getting ready to head off to the aul leaba.

This thread was super quiet today....either a good or a bad sign. I’ll give yis all the benefit of the doubt and opt for good! :)

Night night all! �� �� ��

JupiterKid wrote:
    This thread was super quiet today....either a good or a bad sign. I’ll give yis all the benefit of the doubt and opt for good!

:D goodnight JK. May your dreams be happy and your sleep plentiful.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    ..either a good or a bad sign. I’ll give yis all the benefit of the doubt and opt for good! :)

Good of course 😇😇😇😇

😈😈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Abed, listening to the silence... rather lovely it is. Doing my usual cat census. Selkie, Jacob and Boycat are in. Oliver would like to be in and I have no idea where Bella is. Tonto has been singing his usual dirge but is quiet again.

Coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, wide awake, im gonna take a break from social media, boards etc for a while. Saw something online that can't be unseen

I hope that's not the suicide video everyone is talking about, just don't watch anything like that, I never do.

Was out last weekend, met friends for lunch, which was great, then we had another place booked for when we had to leave the first. Had to order more food, which was left behind. Such a massive waste of food & money. Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, beautiful sunny day here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all, kitchenside with a Coffee, hope ye all have a good day, later all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Hope you are all keeping well :)

Happy Hump Day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bubblypop wrote: »
    I hope that's not the suicide video everyone is talking about, just don't watch anything like that, I never do.

Was out last weekend, met friends for lunch, which was great, then we had another place booked for when we had to leave the first. Had to order more food, which was left behind. Such a massive waste of food & money. Terrible.

It was unfortunately :(

Deskside with the sweet stuff.
    It was unfortunately :(
    bubblypop wrote: »

Wouldn't ya think facebook would take something like that down, disturbing, I haven't seen it and won't going looking for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Deskside, spending most of my time looking mournfully out at the sun with Jessica Hoop and Sam Beam on in the background (thanks to onshuh for introducing them a few days ago!). There should be some sort of sunny equivalent to snow days where unexpected sunny days outside of May-August mean no work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Finally got the result of my COVID test after 5 days. It's negative. Still under the weather but can deal with that. At least I know I won't kill Dad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Wouldn't ya think facebook would take something like that down, disturbing, I haven't seen it and won't going looking for it either.

As far as I'm aware people keep re-uploading it on there, plus uploading it onto other platforms. I haven't come across it but I've been made aware that it's been uploaded onto TikTok multiple times. People are apparently going as far as showing a cutesy animal video for a couple of seconds and then putting that video up to catch people unawares.

As far as I'm aware people keep re-uploading it on there, plus uploading it onto other platforms. I haven't come across it but I've been made aware that it's been uploaded onto TikTok multiple times. People are apparently going as far as showing a cutesy animal video for a couple of seconds and then putting that video up to catch people unawares.

Jesus.....I have no words, sick people to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, plodding along. Videos like that (I heard about it) are the reason I have left the world of SM and that everyone just complains about everything (I know I am complaining about people complaining :pac:).

Tunes - Metallica S&M2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jesus.....I have no words, sick people to do that.

Sadly, I'm not really surprised by people any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Some people would do anything for likes on social media.

Deskside having a quick lunch before heading back to the coalface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is this the suicide video I read about? Apparently that's getting sent to kids on purpose to freak them out.

Break time at the coalface :) I haven’t heard of that video and thank god for that

Work time for me, counting down the days off to my home rotation.5 :)

kowloon wrote: »
    Is this the suicide video I read about? Apparently that's getting sent to kids on purpose to freak them out.

What's wrong with people? Is it an actual suicide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sardonicat wrote: »

There are some sick b@stards out there who take pleasure in catching people unawares thinking they'll be seeing a cute video . Instead they're left traumatized with an image than can never be erased from their minds .

SM is a blessing and a curse , thankfully I'm not on any , boards is it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Much easier to be terrible to people online and lots of troll types need to make other people miserable to deal with their own issues.
    I'd say filming/live streaming suicide will become a much more common thing.
    Not sure what the main drives are behind it, but the trolls distributing the footage after the initial problem are the issue. Individual cases are easy enough to delete once they're flagged. People just need to not copy and re-upload it.

Much easier to be terrible to people online and lots of troll types need to make other people miserable to deal with their own issues.
    Not sure what the main drives are behind it, but the trolls distributing the footage after the initial problem are the issue. Individual cases are easy enough to delete once they're flagged. People just need to not copy and re-upload it.

I have no doubt that someone streaming themselves ending their life is doing so out of a place of extreme distress. But to deliberately circulate someone's desperate last moments and target children is just mind bogglingly scummy and heartless to both the victim of the suicide and the recipient of the video.

Autosport wrote: »
    Break time at the coalface :) I haven’t heard of that video and thank god for that

boards is as far as I will ever go with social media. Not interested and too much else to do.

I have no doubt that someone streaming themselves ending their life is doing so out of a place of extreme distress. But to deliberately circulate someone's desperate last moments and target children is just mind bogglingly scummy and heartless to both the victim of the suicide and the recipient of the video.

People have been doing that for decades but then there was not the means etc to spread it about for ???? They have no respect for anyone or themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree with you , it's the ones distributing it , disguising it as something else are the SB imo , vile people.

• Advertisement

Night all! Sleep calls... Old age has caught up with me.. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I cut the grass and now I wait.:D

EvenPeskyIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning people, how are you all?

Morning people, how are you all?

Good thanks Grem. Hope you slept well.

I had a lovely day today. Where am I? In the kitchen about to empty the dishwasher.

Today I was in the vet and some lads started bringing in laundry baskets filled with puppies. I wish I'd stolen one. There was so many they might not have noticed. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got a pretty decent rest today :) thanks

Going for a few pints and a sandwich then home, watch a show and relax.

At the beach, humid as heck, always funny to watch a cold aircraft in moist warm air, perfect surroundings for Halloween, smoke everywhere.

smurfjed wrote: »
    At the beach, humid as heck, always funny to watch a cold aircraft in moist warm air, perfect surroundings for Halloween, smoke everywhere.

Always loved the steam coming off the bike after a run, drifting up and out from the under the fairings, brakes and exhaust. Oh and the ticking kinda sound as the metal cools. Mmm the memories thanks for reminding me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled out on the couch, iPad in hand, thinking of what to have for my dinner.

Another busy day today work-wise, so glad now to be taking it easy... :)

Resting my weary bones :D Grem are you not working :eek: thank god im sitting down for that ;):D

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »

I often looked out at Tenerife Sur and saw the the mist drift off the planes on Stand before I had a cold beer. An interesting sight.

In other news, I'm watching a Star Wars knock off from 1980. Battle Beyond The Stars, directed by Jimmy Murakami. It's a Seven Samurai/Magnificent 7 in space thing. Jimmy went on to start an animation studio in Dublin to make the early and first episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yes folks the ninja turtles started in Ireland. Great days in the biz back then!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement