Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Grandeeod wrote:
    Join me and Mrs G tomorrow night for drinkies and fun live from Castle G!

Can I come to the party? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Join me and Mrs G tomorrow night for drinkies and fun live from Castle G!

Sure you might as well cook me dinner too. :p

Watching first dates. Jesus H Christ. This is why I usually avoid reality tv. It's pure cringe. Of course I'm hooked now so I can't turn it off. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Just got the description for that forum game o_0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

kowloon wrote: »
    You can do it kowloon! :D

I painted earlier, can't wait to see what it all morphed into. :pac:

kowloon wrote: »

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Watching first dates. Jesus H Christ. This is why I usually avoid reality tv. It's pure cringe. Of course I'm hooked now so I can't turn it off. :D

Is it a new season?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My favourite ever was a woman with dyspraxia who's date wanted to go all out and insisted she get lobster despite her trying to delicately explain that might not be such a good idea for her. He simply couldn't grasp what she meant when she said it would be too difficult for her to manage. You could see the penny drop for him when chunks of her dinner would ricochet around the restaurant every time she clipped off a piece if lobster. His face was a picture. God bless her, she soildered on red faced.

Time to sail away sail away sail away.

Tomorrow's Friday. The dream day. Goodnight :)

Is it a new season?

Oh I dunno.. probably not!

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    My favourite ever was a woman with dyspraxia who's date wanted to go all out and insisted she get lobster despite her trying to delicately explain that might not be such a good idea for her. He simply couldn't grasp what she meant when she said it would be too difficult for her to manage. You could see the penny drop for him when chunks of her dinner would ricochet around the restaurant every time she clipped off a piece if lobster. His face was a picture. God bless her, she soildered on red faced.

Why did she go along with that though!? I have to watch it through my fingers half the time I get so embarrassed for them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whiling the dark hours away until it gets light enough to go for a wander - or fall asleep..

Jacob-cat is on the roof above the door, crying to come in. But Tonto is by the door and Jacob is scared of him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Boring story but I need to share it.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm out of work and dopes are still in work. (In my field of work.) A former colleague contacted me last week to tell me that he was editing a job and the audio had interference on it, wasn't usable and could I help. My first thoughts were fcuk off, not my worry until he told me I shot the footage last year. So I was curious. Upload it says I and I'll have a look. So I have a look. True enough, there was a crackling noise that was overwhelming the live audio and obviously made it unusable. Into the tech desk I go today and within 10 mins the audio was cleaned up by what I understood to be well known fixes. Obviously not.:rolleyes:

I sent him a 30 second clip of the footage with the audio fixed. Great says he, how do I do it. A hundred quid says I and I'll tell you. Literally a few mins ago he asks me how do I want to be paid.:eek: WTF!:D Anyway payment is being arranged and then I'll tell him. It's a race to the bottom though and this Covid thing is gonna fuel it.:rolleyes:

Thanks for reading folks!

Well done! Sometimes being a bit skint can work wonders.
    It's important to value your skills and get paid for them. Too often incompetent lazy people get things done by relying on others and not giving credit for it.
    Have a good weekend on the proceeds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stretching and creaking in all the appropriate areas :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Stretching and creaking in all the appropriate areas :o

I'm a bit like that myself today, I didn't sleep well last night.

Still though, I'm Fridayside! :D

Burning rubber home. Absolutely class weather. Will finally get grass cut when I get home hoorah! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, counting the hours. Whoever said negative energy (as in physical energy, not vibes) was a physical impossibility should just come over to my place. I have an overabundance of it...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I could be out cutting the grass, but at this point I don't give a flying feck about it , coffee and a blueberry muffin here instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Finishing off a day's work. Have a table booked for tonight, bit of a splash out. Not sure if restaurants will be open locally after tonight so feck it.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I could be out cutting the grass, but at this point I don't give a flying feck about it , coffee and a blueberry muffin here instead.

I agree with everything you say mam up to the point where you say blueberry muffin. Vom.

Finishing off a day's work. Have a table booked for tonight, bit of a splash out. Not sure if restaurants will be open locally after tonight so feck it.

You're right. We are going to the local later. Mind you we would have no problem going in to the next county at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Its FRIDAY, so Beer and BarBQ time.

Country numbers are 5-600 ish for last few days, so borders are opening, passengers need a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival, 3 days of quarantine and another PCR test after arrival. I have a months vacation starting on the 01st Oct, not sure if they will give it to me or not :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, trying to get bits and pieces finished off and wrapped up for the weekend.

Had an awful tummy bug yesterday which kept me offline and in bed (and the loo...)

Hope yis all have a nice weekend! :)

Listening to MM .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Listening to MM .....

No surprise really. Watch certain threads on Boards go loopy.:D My bar and restaurant is open every night. There's only two in it, but I've room for hundreds of virtual guests. Tonight's drink menu is white wine and lager. You are too late for the Pizza, Garlic bread and wedges, but you can still make the chicken curry, rice and chips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sitting in Dublin airport :(

No surprise really. Watch certain threads on Boards go loopy.:D My bar and restaurant is open every night. There's only two in it, but I've room for hundreds of virtual guests. Tonight's drink menu is white wine and lager. You are too late for the Pizza, Garlic bread and wedges, but you can still make the chicken curry, rice and chips!

Ha , save me a lager , busy cooking that curry here !
    Hope PM eats curry , to make up for the blueberry muffin !

Ha , save me a lager , busy cooking that curry here !
    Hope PM eats curry , to make up for the blueberry muffin !

I wouldn't say no to a curry right now....

I have to move the button on a pair of my Dad's trousers which is an ar $e cos my eyesight has gone to sh1t and I can't find my glasses.

Oooh I absolutely love curry.. Kepp talking mam...
    I deep cleaned my car today. I even waved an insense stick around inside.
    I love a freshly cleaned car.

Oooh I absolutely love curry.. Kepp talking mam...
    I deep cleaned my car today. I even waved an insense stick around inside.
    I love a freshly cleaned car.

You'll need that incense stick again if you opt for the curry. ..

• Advertisement

We had a bbq this evening! The weather has been so amazing we had to sure! :):) I'll take PMs muffin please mam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Fleetwood Mac playing here and having a few craft beers in the sunroom. Lovely smell of fresh flowers wafting through the air in here, yes I bought flowers, I'm prone to the odd moment of craziness but to be fair they smell great and look nice and maybe I'm turning into a woman.... If I suddenly sprout breasts overnight then the circle will be complete.
    But yeah who knew, a few flowers in yer sunroom is actually nice when yer relaxing and listening to music and having a jar.
    Anyway.... aside from sudden ventures into floral scents and stuff, where is my auld pal Persepoly gone?
    Probably the only person on boards who I had struck a chord with over the years so I was sad to see she's closed her account. If yer reading this mate, I hope you're keeping well and having a blast! ;) I'd have huge time for that gal! One of the good ones in life.
    So.... this fella goes golfing with a few friends and its par-4. But first shot lands all the way to the green and trickles into the hole like only a professional could dream of and everyone claps. He goes to collect the ball and as he picks the ball out of the hole a genie suddenly jumps out and says "hole in one here is rare, one wish will be granted, what is it?"
    So the fella says "I'd love to have a bigger mickey". "Granted" replies genie. So he continues and plays the next few shots and notices it's growing and now it reaches his knee and he thinks Oh my god this is wonderful.
    But as the day continues he now notices that its grown too far and now its peaking out the bottom of his trousers and he's tripping over it. So he thinks this is a disaster, how can I function like this?
    Anyway, on the very last golf hole he hits another beauty and its yet another hole in one so the genie pops out again and says "oh you got lucky, one more wish - I think we both know what you need to wish for here!"
    So yer man says "Yeah, has to be done. I want longer legs!"

Well, I moved the button with the assistance of my Dad's reading glasses. It's safe to say I would not have been able to do that without them. I'm sure I looked like a smoking hot domestic goddess with a pair of Health Board bottle lens glasses perched on the end if my nose! Finding it hard to focus the text on my phone clearly since taking them off. I'm falling apart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Fleetwood Mac playing here and having a few craft beers in the sunroom. Lovely smell of fresh flowers wafting through the air in here, yes I bought flowers, I'm prone to the odd moment of craziness but to be fair they smell great and look nice and maybe I'm turning into a woman.... If I suddenly sprout breasts overnight then the circle will be complete.
    But yeah who knew, a few flowers in yer sunroom is actually nice when yer relaxing and listening to music and having a jar.
    Anyway.... aside from sudden ventures into floral scents and stuff, where is my auld pal Persepoly gone?
    Probably the only person on boards who I had struck a chord with over the years so I was sad to see she's closed her account. If yer reading this mate, I hope you're keeping well and having a blast! ;) I'd have huge time for that gal! One of the good ones in life.
    So.... this fella goes golfing with a few friends and its par-4. But first shot lands all the way to the green and trickles into the hole like only a professional could dream of and everyone claps. He goes to collect the ball and as he picks the ball out of the hole a genie suddenly jumps out and says "hole in one here is rare, one wish will be granted, what is it?"
    So the fella says "I'd love to have a bigger mickey". "Granted" replies genie. So he continues and plays the next few shots and notices it's growing and now it reaches his knee and he thinks Oh my god this is wonderful.
    But as the day continues he now notices that its grown too far and now its peaking out the bottom of his trousers and he's tripping over it. So he thinks this is a disaster, how can I function like this?
    Anyway, on the very last golf hole he hits another beauty and its yet another hole in one so the genie pops out again and says "oh you got lucky, one more wish - I think we both know what you need to wish for here!"
    So yer man says "Yeah, has to be done. I want longer legs!"

Perse is still sparkly here. Read over the weeks posts she identifies herself. :)

Perse is still sparkly here. Read over the weeks posts she identifies herself. :)

thanks - I don't read the thread all that regularly so missed it. But fair play for letting me know, thank you! :)

There's the most beautiful sky full of stars out tonight.
    But there's a slight spit of rain falling.

I just seen a shooting star! First time in ages. Delighted :)

Newred good to see you post again. Always enjoy your funny musings. From a Mancred. :D

Onshuh wrote: »
    Newred good to see you post again. Always enjoy your funny musings. From a Mancred. :D

:pac: thanks. Well, that's the first EVER reply from a Manc Red that I actually liked, so history is made. ;)

Apologies to Onshuh for a brief confusing exchange where I got confused and accused him of being a woman from Cork.
    Nobody deserves that. Sorry mate.
    Hopefully no Cork women reading. Again apologies to Onshuh.

Anyway, sure if anyone else wold like to get a random message accusing them of being a Cork woman then let me know and I'll get on it right away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

Bed at last, busy day today, house like a building site all the floors taken up to be redone Monday.. the joys

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lying in bed enjoying the silence

Up and out to work, no weekends around here!!

Looking like another lovely day out there. Have a great Saturday crayturs.

I've no idea whats going on with me today, lying on the sofa here with zero energy. A pounding head ache too and stomach is a bit dodge. Must be some sort of bug. Coincidentally I appear to have been robbed coz I had roughly 10 craft beers in the fridge last night and suddenly they're all gone when I got up this morning. No idea what happened :pac:
    Other bizarre symptoms range from finding my phone on the floor of the bathroom, leaving sunroom windows wide open overnight and Bonnie Tyler videos left open on youtube.
    And by jaysus I'd devour a curry chips if I got the chance! Overall, I'm staying classy :D

Saturday sleep ins are good for the soul! Even grumpy slept on this morning and no harm. He's not even grumpy. I'm currently contentedly digesting a cheddar and mozzarella toastie (with the perfect cheddar to mozzarella ratio ) with the assistance of a mug of Kenco really rich. I like this serene frame of mind. I was becoming constantly angry and cynical. I'm parking that today even if it means living in a bubble of my own construction. Sending peace and love vibes to one and all ×

Coffee time !
    Well , the best thing is that anytime can be coffee time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Glorious sunny day here and I’m gardenside with a good book relaxing :) Hope all is well with you all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Coffee time ! Well , the best thing is that anytime can be coffee time !

It's that time here

• Advertisement

Crunchy nut corn flakes here, delicious :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement