Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Is only Cali allowed call Ted 'Ted the Bear' or can anyone?? 'Cause I like it!

I just had vegetable korma and now I'm drinking gin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is only Cali allowed call Ted 'Ted the Bear' or can anyone?? 'Cause I like it!

If you bring me to a fort with chocolates , you can too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That was grim stuff, remember trying to use crayons on it, nope, went to flitters

Crayon was far to heavy for it. A fine pencil or charcoal worked fine on it! I literally watched fine art students use it in college. Couldn't afford sketch pads outside of the place so used the bad bog roll for random inspirational stuff that even got into exam territory.:eek: When I had no ciggie packet, I often used it for notes. Back in the start of the 90s.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

I'd give anything to have a fort to retreat into right now, this day was really just unpleasant through and through.

Earl Grey and a stroopwaffel will make for a pretty decent substitute though. Especially if you put the waffle on top of the cup for a minute or two to melt the caramel inside...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

thomil wrote: »
    I'd give anything to have a fort to retreat into right now, this day was really just unpleasant through and through.

Earl Grey and a stroopwaffel will make for a pretty decent substitute though. Especially if you put the waffle on top of the cup for a minute or two to melt the caramel inside...

Ooh clever!.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If you bring me to a fort with chocolates , you can too.

The innuendos in this thread just get stranger and stranger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The innuendos in this thread just get stranger and stranger.

Do they what! I can't understand them half the time as I'm so innocent ! 😇

Deskside just signed up for ms paint halloween edition 👻👻

Do they what! I can't understand them half the time as I'm so innocent ! 😇

Deskside just signed up for ms paint halloween edition 👻👻

Whaaaaaaaaat? Oh I have to sign up for that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whaaaaaaaaat? Oh I have to sign up for that!

Will you be drawing again?

• Advertisement

Will you be drawing again?

I rarely draw. But I might. Whichever.

I rarely draw. But I might. Whichever.

Ohh I thought you were a drawer :3

Ooh clever!.

Not to mention delicious :D

I recommend using the caramel waffles from Lidl for it. Easier than flying to Amsterdam and by far the best stroopwaffels I've tasted outside the Netherlands.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

thomil wrote: »
    Not to mention delicious :D

I recommend using the caramel waffles from Lidl for it. Easier than flying to Amsterdam and by far the best stroopwaffels I've tasted outside the Netherlands.

I'll be there next week, cheers for the reccomendation :)

Currently deskside, still with a messed up shoulder/back but not as bad as the other day, physio tuesday :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks for heads up, Seph. Hopefully they'll hire me as a describer.
    I don't have the software to be a drawer just yet. My laptop is RIP.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I'll be there next week, cheers for the reccomendation :)

Currently deskside, still with a messed up shoulder/back but not as bad as the other day, physio tuesday :eek:

I hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement

I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you :) I'm just a collection of ailments really :o The moon is pretty spectacular again tonight but whooooooo it's cool out there.

I'm very excited to hopefully be part of my first paint.
    It always looks like such good fun.
    Bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Thank you :) I'm just a collection of ailments really :o The moon is pretty spectacular again tonight but whooooooo it's cool out there.

I know, I was admiring the moon at 6 am and wishing I had a good camera, it was just beautiful. But I am wondering about the bright star/planet just above it.

I know, I was admiring the moon at 6 am and wishing I had a good camera, it was just beautiful. But I am wondering about the bright star/planet just above it.

I would guess Venus but i'm sure someone will answer soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I thought he was a wardrobe.

• Advertisement

I thought he was a wardrobe.

How dare you! I'm a footstool!

Buile is responsible for my toe dip into MS Paint :)

How dare you! I'm a footstool!

I am a whoopee cushion

Buile is responsible for my toe dip into MS Paint :)

And Grems! She's just slow signing up!

I am a whoopee cushion

I WILL NOT make a joke about sitting on you!

I WILL NOT make a joke about sitting on you!

I have nothing to declare but my genius :P :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

And Grems! She's just slow signing up!
    I have nothing to declare but my genius :P :P

We have openings for Genius in MSP :D

I still have no way to draw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

i didn't mean any pressure Grem, it's all just a bit of silly fun. :)

If ever you want to play, feel free to be one of the describers - not everyone has (or enjoys) painting apps.

Oh no pressure, that's for wheels ;) All well in Boo land i hope?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good. Morning all, its the weekend :) Or at least it is for you guys.

Gym time for me and working in the afternoon, off to battle some mountain thunderstorms.

Battling thunderstorms paints a great mental picture :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning, enjoying being awake but knowing it’s Saturday!
    Did shopping yesterday so I don’t have to go anywhere
    Going to make coffee and toast, any takers?

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Morning, enjoying being awake but knowing it’s Saturday!
    Did shopping yesterday so I don’t have to go anywhere
    Going to make coffee and toast, any takers?

*Slides plate over*

Wheeee bedtime! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

*Slides plate over*

Ah Seph that was over an hour ago, only crumbs now!

But can offer you a cup of Twinings tea? 😈

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Ah Seph that was over an hour ago, only crumbs now!

But can offer you a cup of Twinings tea? 😈

I'll take the crumbs 😛😝

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Yay, more MS paint! And more recruits! Good job, mam and buile!

At the table, getting in touch with my inner hobbit and having second breakfast. My head decided around 5 that, rather than sleep, it would prefer to go over every single minor sad/bad/embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me ever. So I got up at 5:30, have had first breakfast, walked the dog (with my super cool new head torch/lamp/thingy), planted onions and garlic in the raised bed, made bread, and I am now dead. On the plus side, the weather is glorious and there was a Dave-photo-worthy sunrise this morning. I will be spending the remainder of the morning eating bread and watching My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which I have only recently discovered.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, and may your heads be kind to you and give you peace from ruminating and overthinking!

Deskside with a cupan tae and avocado on sour dough toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Yay, more MS paint! And more recruits! Good job, mam and buile!

At the table, getting in touch with my inner hobbit and having second breakfast. My head decided around 5 that, rather than sleep, it would prefer to go over every single minor sad/bad/embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me ever. So I got up at 5:30, have had first breakfast, walked the dog (with my super cool new head torch/lamp/thingy), planted onions and garlic in the raised bed, made bread, and I am now dead. On the plus side, the weather is glorious and there was a Dave-photo-worthy sunrise this morning. I will be spending the remainder of the morning eating bread and watching My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which I have only recently discovered.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, and may your heads be kind to you and give you peace from ruminating and overthinking!

It was Buile who convinced the new recruits to join in !
    Enjoy your weekend too :)

Misty rainy morning here , time to go get bread .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Had a great nights sleep and decided to head to the beach :) Nothing like listening and watching the ocean :) Going to venture to Maxi zoo on the way home to pick up more wild bird supplies :)

Happy Saturday!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

happy Saturday guys

feeling much better today I'm glad to say, had an awful headache and sick stomach yesterday though :(

Deskside with a cupan tae and avocado on sour dough toast.

Very posh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I just love my office view. If you look closely at the mountains you can see a road that goes from 7000 feet down to sea level. Have driven it once and it’s as scary as .....

528206.jpeg

528207.jpeg

ONLY ONE DAY LEFT UNTIL HOLLYDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Am very excite :D

Just back from shops where I did my usual
    "I just need toothpaste and cotton pads but oh I now have two jumpers, shower gel and makeup as well". Sure look. As mammy always said 'you can't take it with you' :)

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    I just love my office view. If you look closely at the mountains you can see a road that goes from 7000 feet down to sea level. Have driven it once and it’s as scary as .....

528206.jpeg

528207.jpeg
    Highway to Heaven!

Highway to Heaven!

Do you remember that show?

Highway to Heaven!

Reminds me of some of the roads my dad used to drive when I was still in school in Austria. Narrower, with steeper gradients and less safety infrastructure, but generally similar.

Oh, did I mention that he regularly hit 120 on these roads? Pretty exhilarating experience

Do you remember that show?

Of course!

A stalwart of rte weekend viewing!

Getting ready for work dum dee dum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement