Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Of course!

Saturday nights I think it was. Mammy and me in the sitting room. She would be in the armchair pulled in to the fire and I'd be on the sofa pulled in near her. Good memories.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah yes, he was in little house on the prarie too. A weekend with michael landon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Saturday nights I think it was. Mammy and me in the sitting room. She would be in the armchair pulled in to the fire and I'd be on the sofa pulled in near her. Good memories.

Nice memories mate, that's the stuff you cherish. :)
    I remember Highway to heaven myself too, like you said it brings back memories.
    It was often on when visiting my Granny, as soon as I hear mention of it now I'm transported back in time to my Granny's house, it's weird how certain songs/shows/etc can send you back in time.
    Catchphase used to be on a lot on Sundays too and again sends me back to my Granny's house and I have vivid memories of my parents and my Uncles/Aunts all sitting round with hangovers reluctantly shouting at the telly Sunday afternoon. Say what you see!
    As a kid the huge one for me was the music from BBC Grandstand, it was on Saturday mornings and the theme tune was brilliant, as soon as I'd hear that music I was flying down the stairs and that made the weekend for me.
    Then the other side of the coin was Glenroe.
    God you'd hear that dreary monotonous Glenroe music of a Sunday evening and it would send a shiver down yer spine. It signalled weekend over, school tomorrow and whatever Biddey and Miley were about to get up to was largely irrelevant and paled into insignificance compared to thoughts of Monday at school and homework you hadn't done.
    The weird thing about all thee memories is that most of us would swap adulthood in a heart beat to be back there again for a day, I know I would anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I thought I was the only one who associated the Glenroe theme with the dread of no homework done! It seems everyone was as bold as I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one who associated the Glenroe theme with the dread of no homework done! It seems everyone was as bold as I was.

That and the antiques roadshow theme.

I remember saying it to himself (who is a nerd) and the look of pure horror on his face :D.... Eh sorry, I'd better things to be doing.... Grand though as he now doesn't trust me with anything educational for the kids so he deals with the school stuff :D:D

Ah yes, he was in little house on the prarie too. A weekend with michael landon :pac:

Nelly Olsen was on the six o clock show during the week, well worth a watch.

I just walked to the shop and for the 30 mins I was out there was only about 10 cars passed by ,there was one car in the carpark and the shop was empty apart from myself, the shop assistant and the other customer, so unusual for any night but particularly a Saturday night. Normally its non stop traffic and you wouldn't get a parking space and the shop would be packed mainly people buying drink. It's like a full lockdown, even now there's hardly a car passing, it kind of freaked me out, it's very eerie.
    Couchside, waiting for the troops to come back from a match, heating on,having a glass and watching Succession..boring tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Relaxing at home after doing the Chair of an online AA meeting.

That was my 5th time chairing an AA meeting - I have come such a long long way in the past three years. Happy, healthy and sober. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Couchside watching tv :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nelly Olsen was on the six o clock show during the week, well worth a watch.

I just walked to the shop and for the 30 mins I was out there was only about 10 cars passed by ,there was one car in the carpark and the shop was empty apart from myself, the shop assistant and the other customer, so unusual for any night but particularly a Saturday night. Normally its non stop traffic and you wouldn't get a parking space and the shop would be packed mainly people buying drink. It's like a full lockdown, even now there's hardly a car passing, it kind of freaked me out, it's very eerie.
    Couchside, waiting for the troops to come back from a match, heating on,having a glass and watching Succession..boring tbh.

I'm delighted it's quiet whereever you are, hope the same can be said around the country.

Now, what's the six o clock show, irish, english, merrycan?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Jupiterkid, well done to you and continued success in your sobriety in the years ahead :)

Home , where else , things I could be doing but just can't be ***** tbh .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching Carry on Camping here with Mrs G. The stuff ya find online.:D The Smart TV is a saviour!

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Relaxing at home after doing the Chair of an online AA meeting.

That was my 5th time chairing an AA meeting - I have come such a long long way in the past three years. Happy, healthy and sober. :)

That's brilliant. Congrats!!! I work with a fella who's been through a long journey and similarly successful and jesus its lovely to see the change in a person when they come out the other side.
    Takes serious guts, well done!

To tea or not to tea...

To tea or not to tea...

Silly question

No to tea :D Yes to Coffee :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Silly question

No to tea :D Yes to Coffee :D

I'm on my coffee limit, too much gives my gizzard the goolies :D:D

Watching "Inside I'm Dancing' on TG4 and getting all nostalgic for Dublin in the noughties....

Jupiter, well done to you. You've every reason to feel proud of yourself and it's good to see you take stock and acknowledge your achievement, too.

I'm delighted it's quiet whereever you are, hope the same can be said around the country.

Now, what's the six o clock show, irish, english, merrycan?.

I think that's what its called, it's Irish and it's on at six o clock 😂

I think that's what its called, it's Irish and it's on at six o clock ��

I'm not used to anything but the ding dongs and cartoons on the two channels at six :D:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The errors are back :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Yup :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Yippee work time again and today will be an insane day, swab test at 0900, following by 5 trips or over 10 hours sitting in my seat, and that’s exactly 12hour and 10 minutes after I got out of it yesterday.

At least the sun is shining and I get to go to a new airport :)

Not bad, happy travels Smurf, how is mutt doing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed listening to the wind.

Hopefully I don't end up in Oz.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Lying in bed listening to the wind.

Hopefully I don't end up in Oz.

Was it something you ate Ted?

Kitchen scrubbed, washing dried and folded and another load on and another load waiting to go on, I'm absolutely fuming at the state the kitchen was in this morning, they tried to order pizza last night but it closed at 10pm so opted to cook at home. The dishwasher was finished but they won't empty it so left everything unwashed and not even rinsed on the worktop and in the sink, never put the trays back in the oven, pint glasses everywhere that had milk in them and not even rinced, clothes, knee pads, football boots etc. scattered around the place. I'm f*ing lived....all still snoring upstairs without a care in the world..that will change shortly, block yer ears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was it something you ate Ted?

Kitchen scrubbed, washing dried and folded and another load on and another load waiting to go on, I'm absolutely fuming at the state the kitchen was in this morning, they tried to order pizza last night but it closed at 10pm so opted to cook at home. The dishwasher was finished but they won't empty it so left everything unwashed and not even rinsed on the worktop and in the sink, never put the trays back in the oven, pint glasses everywhere that had milk in them and not even rinced, clothes, knee pads, football boots etc. scattered around the place. I'm f*ing lived....all still snoring upstairs without a care in the world..that will change shortly, block yer ears.

They all need a good clipping across the ears! the cheek of em!

I'm cosy still under the duvet, can't force myself up at all, cold out there :3.

Heating on for a while before I light the fire , raining away here , think it's a day for pottering about the house .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Heating on for a while before I light the fire , raining away here , think it's a day for pottering about the house .

We've had named storms that weren't as windy as today, I'm contemplating a walk but should have gone earlier, it's very gusty out there now.
    Just couchside, all is still quiet here, seems like a day for the telly and treats...what's new lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This Storm Alex I thought, coming via france.

Coffee & mischief time I think.

Definitely not walk today for Grumy - far too windy. Sunday lunch on its way and a day of pottering, Netflix and snuggles with himself later ahead.

Put down a rough day yesterday with the UTI which I thought I had a handle on myself. Must have emptied a reservoir trying to keep my system flushed and a bad night up and down to the bathroom. It was worth it though. Much more comfortable today and can manage til I call the GP tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm taking advantage of the wild and stormy day to progress some decluttering. Finally ready to part with my tapes, but putting my CDs in to storage under the stairs... one step at a time! :pac:
    Definitely a day to be indoors, went out to the wheelie bin a couple of times, that breeze would go right through you :eek:

Glitches and errors , aren't we lucky :pac:

Watching Top Gun here , class soundtrack!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was in Tesco earlier, the lady in front of me at the checkout was buying 3 bottles of wine, 2 large bottles of lucozade, a box of condoms and 12 mini chocolate chip cookies.
    Someone is in for a wild Sunday.

That'll be a wild ride indeed!.

That'll be a wild ride indeed!.

Let me be the first to admit it, I'm jealous of that woman. ☺️

I'm in Costa, not a glass of wine or any rubber item in site.

Heating on full tilt. Candles lighting downstairs. Music playing in the background and Mrs G pouring me a pint as I start the dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Getting darker, the chooks have to be fed earlier because they won't come out when it's dull and miserable. I might go into hibernation.

Soon for the work trundle, fairly grim here too.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was in Tesco earlier, the lady in front of me at the checkout was buying 3 bottles of wine, 2 large bottles of lucozade, a box of condoms and 12 mini chocolate chip cookies.
    Someone is in for a wild Sunday.

Was that you watching me :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Hey all,
    Couchside with a beer watching the Utd Game, might have a large whiskey:(

votecounts wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Couchside with a beer watching the Utd Game, might have a large whiskey:(

ha, yeah you might need a litre of vodka the way its going! :D

I'm not being smart per se, I've been there many a time down through the years with Liverpool. United look a bit of a shambles though, red card didn't help.

I'm in the sunroom, sipping a quiet beer. Went out for garlic mushrooms and seafood chowder earlier with a pint.
    It's naughty having a drink on Sundays, but sure screw it, I'll be dead long enough :)

Mr. Sardi's ETA is 80mins and I've just discovered a nasty spot snuggling cosily and beaming brightly between the bottom of my nostril and my face! Still have some chores to do before I can tackle the problem and may well be spending the evening wearing a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey everyone, I hope its ok if I join you:) Lunches made, Dinner finished, dishwasher on and Kitchen closed.

Now for a Gin & Tonic. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone x

Zanablue wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I hope its ok if I join you:) Lunches made, Dinner finished, dishwasher on and Kitchen closed.

Welcome :)
    I'm same, I've my feet up with newspaper.
    I've also ironed a few summer clothes that were in the wash but instead of going in the drawers, they're going in the summer 'next year' stash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hey everyone, I hope its ok if I join you:)

Of course it is...........

*slides over empty glass :pac: *

Kitchen making dinner, just a simple samich on good all foreman.

Welcome! That's my kind of post right there. Kitchen work, school lunch, dinner, washing up and a jar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Thanks guys, I'll leave the bottle out if anyone wants a gin:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Thanks guys, I'll leave the bottle out if anyone wants a gin:)
    Grabs bottle and runs:) Welcome to th thread
    Couchside with a beer and now a bottle of gin watching the Villa Pool Game, gonna have a sore head in the morning.

• Advertisement

Since we moved here , the dog has slowly claimed ownership of the little couch in the kitchen. Which is fine tbh , she's old and lazy . However, this morning I couldn't figure out where she was , not on the couch , nor under it , not in her basket either .
    The cheeky beggar had jumped from the couch onto my chair and was snoozing comfortably :eek:
    Well , tough , not happening, I'll be barricading my seat tonight :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement