Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Omg Family Ties, tis nostalgia night here again!

Poor Michael J Fox, life was cruel to him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

About to sail away here. Goodnight.

Night there Enya :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Here’s a piece of trivia that I learned from a FB group for gay men over 40 that I’m a member of : the actor and actress who played Grandpa and Grandma Walton were both gay and in long-term relationships with their same-sex partners.

Who’d a thunk it??

I wonder if being gay makes it more or less awkward to act as straight. I suppose the awkward horns would be less likely :D.

kowloon wrote: »
    I wonder if being gay makes it more or less awkward to act as straight. I suppose the awkward horns would be less likely :D.

There wasn't even a hint of sex on The Walton's! :eek:

There wasn't even a hint of sex on The Walton's! :eek:

Nah leggy, you're going on the version broadcast on the regular channels. The uncensored version goes on for another hour after they say goodnight. All I'll say is John-Boy became a man.

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    Nah leggy, you're going on the version broadcast on the regular channels. The uncensored version goes on for another hour after they say goodnight. All I'll say is John-Boy became a man.

With Mary Ellen? :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Waltons - after dark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tis nostalgia night here again!

Anyone remember party of five?

Jaysis difene does nothing for me at all :(

Yeah I didn't find it much good for the short time I used it but it did make me .. I dunno.. weird, like I couldn't concentrate and was a bit silly. But didn't do much for the pain. Stopped taking it because it was too much for my stomach plus I felt couldn't drive if I took it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That was the siblings living together wasn't it?
    The oldest brother was the head of the household?

• Advertisement

Yup, Neve Campbell!

Edit: and your man from lost!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup, Neve Campbell!

!

I had a massive crush on her and Lacey Chabert!

What was the adult programme with the English lawyers all riding one another? I think one character was called Egg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jaysis difene does nothing for me at all :(

Maybe it was the carlsberg with it but I was the chillest , coolest cjmax you ever met :)

Bailey is the only character name I remember, naomi something did a few movies after I think. I watched it a good bit but no real recollection

What was the adult programme with the English lawyers all riding one another? I think one character was called Egg!

This Life?

This Life?

That's it! I loved that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Beverly Hills 90210 on a Saturday..... I really wanted to live in America

Dr quinn medicine woman on a Sunday I think...... I really wanted to be Jane Seymour :)

Pondering another shift in bed after this show..

Pondering another shift in bed after this show..

That will be like an early night for you, I'd say go for it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not going to watch 4.5 more hours of my show..

Yeah I'm not going to watch 4.5 more hours of my show..

I believe you, honestly ...

I believe you, honestly ...

Haha you could nearly see me trying to talk myself out of it..

Only neve Campbell

Haha you could nearly see me trying to talk myself out of it..

:D

It's your night off, enjoy it as you see fit!

This life , brilliant

:D

It's your night off, enjoy it as you see fit!

I'll try not to get too square eyed :pac:

cj maxx wrote: »
    This life , brilliant

It was, ahead of its time too back when Channel 4 was renowned for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yeah, everyone riding everyone and a gay sex scene! They did a 10 years later special in 06 but it was very weak in comparison to the show. BBC 4 re ran the whole series recently.

• Advertisement

I'll always remember watching it when the Indian / Mexican fella who moved it shagged the other gay fella in the shower. Just as my father walked in :(

Sweet dreams all 💤 😴 x

cj maxx wrote: »
    I'll always remember watching it when the Indian / Mexican fella who moved it shagged the other gay fella in the shower. Just as my father walked in :(

I'd say he's still traumatised! :D

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone riding everyone and a gay sex scene! They did a 10 years later special in 06 but it was very weak in comparison to the show. BBC 4 re ran the whole series recently.

I'm raging I missed it! I remember being equally shocked and aroused. Sure it was a change from The Angelus!

ETA: It was a BBC programme, I was sure it was Channel 4 before it was so risque at the time.

Only had rte one and two until around 98 maybe. Mind blown when I saw what else was available

That's it! I loved that show.

It was very popular with the girls, I can't think why :P.

One of the guys from it, Andrew Lincoln, went on to be the star of The Walking Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Ah lads, all of the cheesy shows of our youth. Seventh heaven used to drive me mad with its goody goody vibe!

I'm in the leaba after getting the best sleep I've gotten in a long time. Planning on doing fcuk all today and it's glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, discovered that the hotel gym is open, not sure if my company allows us to use it, but hey I don’t ask, they won’t say no :)

I used to love Airwolf :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Coffee. After the dentist consult. Seems 3 wisdoms are coming out on Monday morning :(

@Smurf , The Airwolf theme! So good!

Deskside. Coffee. After the dentist consult. Seems 3 wisdoms are coming out on Monday morning :(
    3 coming out? Jesus. You're probably already in pain, so if it's any consolation, you'll probably feel better after it. Don't google dry socket.

Just cooked breakfast for the child and now we're off for a walk with the dogs. It feels like the weekend , not a Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, with coffee.

Had this message in draft for nearlty an hour.

Pesky work getting in the way of Boards time.

• Advertisement

3 coming out? Jesus. You're probably already in pain, so if it's any consolation, you'll probably feel better after it. Don't google dry socket.

Just cooked breakfast for the child and now we're off for a walk with the dogs. It feels like the weekend , not a Thursday.

Thanks Tyrant, it's mild enough at the moment thankfully! Dry socket... the dentist mentioned that... now I want to Google it :rolleyes:

Thanks Tyrant, it's mild enough at the moment thankfully! Dry socket... the dentist mentioned that... now I want to Google it :rolleyes:

That's what I had!! :D

Coffeeside wondering what you all put your poor teeth through. :pac:

Hope its not maxwell house

*shudder*

Deskside after my morning consumption of the sweet stuff.

Hope its not maxwell house

*shudder*

Deskside after my morning consumption of the sweet stuff.
    No, but it is instant! :p

No, but it is instant! :p

Ewwwww

:pac:

Me talking all the time :D I wrecked the dentists head yapping when he asking me questions :pac:

smurfjed wrote: »
    I used to love Airwolf :)

Calling all Jan-Michael Vincents!

Poor guy had problems, didn't fare well after Airwolf. He died last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I had an early morning run on the beach, then home to rewatch the last episode of Ashes to Ashes (it was a BBC cop series but on Netflix now).. I binge watched both 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' in the last week, highly recommended. The last episode (I won't give the game away) blew my mind, a total curve ball so I watched it again.

So that's my day so far, run, how to watch A2A.. Coffee now, then swim this evening

My daughter is home (I think I posted that) but with lots of follow up treatment including the prospect of a bone marrow transplant. I'll just say this, if you're a donor of any sort you're without a shadow of doubt saving and improving lives and well done & thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I had an early morning run on the beach, then home to rewatch the last episode of Ashes to Ashes (it was a BBC cop series but on Netflix now).. I binge watched both 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' in the last week, highly recommended. The last episode (I won't give the game away) blew my mind, a total curve ball so I watched it again.

So that's my day so far, run, how to watch A2A.. Coffee now, then swim this evening

My daughter is home (I think I posted that) but with lots of follow up treatment including the prospect of a bone marrow transplant. I'll just say this, if you're a donor of any sort you're without a shadow of doubt saving and improving lives and well done & thank you.

Have you seen Line of Duty?

Best wishes to your daughter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement