Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm still lost in The Matrix here , aren't ye lucky :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lost in the work deskside here, confusion reigns

Ah for fecks sake , this stupid glitch is getting worse.

Eta,
    That worked .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah for fecks sake , this stupid glitch is getting worse.

Eta,
    That worked .

I don't even know what to say, the country, the world is being glitchy (sorry feeling very negative tonight)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I don't even know what to say, the country, the world is being glitchy (sorry feeling very negative tonight)

Feck it Grem. Do your best as its all you can do. Battle on. I won't say cheer up, because when I usually say that, it causes chaos here.:D Seriously though, this particular forum is full of all sorts, me included. My attitude is dig in and then dig the feck out. I've had my entire world kicked up the arse due to Covid, but if I let myself sink, the others in my ship sink with me. Not gonna happen. We can and will get better despite Covid and anything else life can throw at us.

Very well said Grandeeod .
    Even when it seems we've nothing left in us to stay fighting on with , we never give up .
    (I mean we as in each and every one of us)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

My dad’s in hospital with the Coronavirus, I’ve just had a few pints out and now I’m at home watching Gordon Ramsay while my beautiful dog looks at me and begs for treats.

Today you get 7.5/10!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gervais08 wrote: »
    My dad’s in hospital with the Coronavirus, I’ve just had a few pints out and now I’m at home watching Gordon Ramsay while my beautiful dog looks at me and begs for treats.

Today you get 7.5/10!

Hope he doing ok and you enjoyed those pints, what did ya have?

I'm deskside listening a mix of Italian house music from the early 90's mixed by a cork man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, what a day!

I love my job, as well as my colleagues, but sometimes I can't help but look at some of them and think: If idiots could fly, this place would be like Heathrow!

Anyway, chilling now with my usual Earl Grey/stroopwaffel combo

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Fireside with baby and daddy and I’m feeling pure happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Getting censored.

Now I'm debating bed or another programme.... Decisions, decisions.

Getting censored.

I am intending on starting Orphan Black soon, though i know it'll lose me a lot of sleep. What are you into?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting censored.

What did you think of the sourdough pwincess ?

I am intending on starting Orphan Black soon, though i know it'll lose me a lot of sleep. What are you into?.

Currently watching the resident... It's a medical drama, greys anatomys poor relation, but still has some eye candy.

Angel was earlier, but I'm more a Spike kinda gal.

Des is also getting recorded... About an English serial killer...

All the fun stuff really :)

• Advertisement

What did you think of the sourdough pwincess ?

Not gone on it tbh.... It was organic... That's usually enough to tell me I'm not going to enjoy something, I'm all about the added badness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Gervais08 wrote: »

Today you get 7.5/10!

Best wishes to your Dad

Today is physio day :eek: Hugs to all that need them on this not so encouraging morning

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside with a cuppa - busy, busy, busy. Zoom meeting with three colleagues and the head of the faculty at 11.30am. Joy of joys....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work. Chilled to the bone. Might go hunting for a hot takeaway during lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

At work. Chilled to the bone. Might go hunting for a hot takeaway during lunch.

Why did you have to go & say that!!

Now all I can think about is doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

You cant beat a hot takeaway. I might get some food when I am out too. :pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I've a craving for some Yum Thai now.... Can't beat an Asian noodley concoction on a cold day.

Alas I'm no where near them so it will be a a home cooked healthy sausie and rashers combo :D

Deskside, just ordered more coffee, down to the last bag imagine! I said I'd get in quick and order a few bags before I run out, can't let that happen again, the withdrawals were unreal last time, little brother is using my beans now as well, he uses a moka pot :rolleyes: where as I use a v60 :cool: :-P
    home cooked healthy sausie and rashers combo :D

*slides plate over pwincess*

:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Deskside, just ordered more coffee, down to the last bag imagine! I said I'd get in quick and order a few bags before I run out, can't let that happen again, the withdrawals were unreal last time, little brother is using my beans now as well, he uses a moka pot :rolleyes: where as I use a v60 :cool: :-P

*slides plate over pwincess*

:-P

*** Steals plate ***

:D

Hope 'lil bro has seen Mr Hoffman's YT on Moka use - think it really does help

It's a bad day when the last post here was five hours ago ...

Enjoy your evening folks and as always , stay as safe as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

They are still enjoying their hot food takeaway. nomnomnom

I started the MSplay game mam, thanks again for everything!

Be safe yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Samsgirl wrote: »

Well that's an experience I won't be in any hurry to repeat!!!!

Smurf, dunno how you do this regularly. I'm traumatised.

Different nurses have different touches, my favorite seems to barely touch the inside of the nostril so it’s painless. #33 tomorrow :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I had mentioned here in august that I flew here with a colleague who had tested positive, he finally beat our system yesterday and went back on duty, so we shared some moonshine. It took him 6 weeks and about 9 tests to get released, the only symptom he had was a loss of taste.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    They are still enjoying their hot food takeaway. nomnomnom

I started the MSplay game mam, thanks again for everything!

Be safe yourself :)

Takeaway would be lovely indeed !

Yaaaay, excited for your game Deja , they're always the best :D
    (Don't tell the others I said that though ssshhh; ) )

• Advertisement

Do you want my last Donut?

IMG-20201006-190306.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

I’m fireside, getting excited about things I’m looking forward to. My first Autumn and Christmas with my own whole family. Wow isn’t it autumnal today?

Back home after running errands earlier this afternoon. Tired and horizontal.on the couch.

Chilly wind out there.

Getting dark and it is only 7.15pm. We are really in deep Autumn now...

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Do you want my last Donut?

IMG-20201006-190306.jpg

AWW thank you G , tell you what , we'll share it !
    Or better still , Ms G deserves it !

Am laughing to myself here , I eventually get unglitched and can post , then two posts later I'm glitched out again :pac:

AWW thank you G , tell you what , we'll share it !
    Or better still , Ms G deserves it !

Am laughing to myself here , I eventually get unglitched and can post , then two posts later I'm glitched out again :pac:

Mrs G had two!:D

Had to go to your profile to see what you'd posted G lol , fair dues to Mrs G having two , sure why not ? !

Watching MasterChef Australia here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You never said anything about Seph or me sharing that news.

3d4life wrote: »
    *** Steals plate ***

:D

Hope 'lil bro has seen Mr Hoffman's YT on Moka use - think it really does help

Hmm plate stealer I see 🤔...... You don't buy any chance also like stealing bowls do you? In particular ones with cat diagrams on the sides of them :3 😸 ?

I showed him that video but I don't think he could a blind of notice of it 🙀

Kitchen side warming up soup that little brother made and making a samich the forman! Nice easy dinner tonight 😄😸

....I showed him that video but I don't think he could a blind of notice of it 🙀....

Typical 'lil bro :D

• Advertisement

Boards needs more lap tops, like the old days! Am I the only one here!:D

I miss my old desk top pc , I've nowhere to set it up here . I miss posting gifs :pac:

Nope, laptop user two checking in :D

blog side, trying to finish an article I want to publish tomorrow. Problem is I've barely started... :pac:

I miss my old desk top pc , I've nowhere to set it up here . I miss posting gifs :pac:

Maybe get a cheap laptop or a Chromebook? If you're mostly surfing the web, that should be more than sufficient, and the entry level devices aren't really that expensive either.

thomil wrote: »
    Nope, laptop user two checking in :D.... :pac:
    Me2:)

Maybe get a cheap laptop ....

For basic stuff these guys in NI might do

• Advertisement

Maybe get a cheap laptop or a Chromebook? If you're mostly surfing the web, that should be more than sufficient, and the entry level devices aren't really that expensive either.

Think Sil might have an old laptop , will look into that , thank you :)

Upset after a row with my OH. :(

He is bipolar and goes through episodes of depression - he is in one of these episodes right now. He lacks motivation generally and I myself was feeling tetchy and resentful after a long day working very hard, coming home from my errands knackered and then expected to cook dinner, which I did grudgingly.

I mentioned to him (had to get him out of bed where he basically lives when in a low mood) that it might be nice to come home to a nice hot dinner made for me from time to time - and then instantly regretted it as, predictably, he being the hyper-sensitive type took that remark as a major slight and retorted that I needn’t have bothered with that sort of attitude. He went back to bed and told me to leave him alone for the rest of the evening...

At times I feel I’m between a rock and a hard place with him. He never gave up on me when I was at my lowest ebb with my alcoholism - when many others had walked away - and I will be eternally grateful to him for that, but now as my life is getting back on track I feel unsupported and this does create some resentment on my side. He knows he needs professional help - as he has done in the past - but does not want to go and actively seek it.

A Chromebook may deliver the same glitches as they are Android OS. A cheap lap top with Windows may be the way to go. I never have issues here on Windows 10 or even Windows Vista.:eek: On my phone you can forget about it when things get bad. Just shows how many access Boards these days via phones.

A Chromebook may deliver the same glitches as they are Android OS. A cheap lap top with Windows may be the way to go. I never have issues here on Windows 10 or even Windows Vista.:eek: On my phone you can forget about it when things get bad. Just shows how many access Boards these days via phones.

I don't think so. From what I know, ChromeOS is closer to a pure Linux OS than it is to Android, despite the cross-loading ability on some Chromebooks. I think the main culprit here is the browser, more precisely when Safari, Chrome, WebKit, whatever sends a mobile browser ID. Apple for example switched Safari on iPad to operate as a "desktop" browser as part of last year's software update, and I personally haven't had any glitches on my iPad since that switch was made.

I don't think so. From what I know, ChromeOS is closer to a pure Linux OS than it is to Android, despite the cross-loading ability on some Chromebooks. I think the main culprit here is the browser, more precisely when Safari, Chrome, WebKit, whatever sends a mobile browser ID. Apple for example switched Safari on iPad to operate as a "desktop" browser as part of last year's software update, and I personally haven't had any glitches on my iPad since that switch was made.

I agree Thomil that anything sending a mobile browser ID is a problem. But My daughters Chromebook get's bogged down during Boards issues. Now she doesn't use Boards, but I've borrowed it just to check. Nice to chat to someone in the know. For me the Windows 10 and even Windows Vista machines never have a problem. My iMac doesn't even have an internet connection.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement