Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Deja Boo wrote: »
    My chromebook gets bogged down by google updates or audiofiles or more than 1 tab open or [insert any number of things here]... The entire thing is very limiting, and utterly useless without an internet connection.

:mad: Nothing puts me into Meldrew mode quicker than talk of Chromebooks :mad:

I consider them a scam :(

Better off with a old refurbed lappy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Ooops, looks like I accidentally found another C word that shouldn't be mentioned in this thread...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Laptopside here :) MacBook, overpriced yup for sure but nice screen, range of browsers to choose from, doesn't crash or overheat or insist on rebooting/upgrading every 10 minutes and is rose-gold-pink and shiney. Yer only man.

Had the worst day, family drama & nastiness, not directed at me but horrible and unpleasant to witness, blah blah blah but - just when I was feeling very sad and sorry for myself and had tried to internet shop my way out of it an old friend called just 'cos "I was just thinking of ya like and it's been forever" One hour of nonsense chat later the world is a friendlier place again. And now there's new stuff on it's way too :pac:
    There's also Green & Black's chocolate...

Boo, Use a dormant email account & load up Firefox ?

They are hateful things, android phones not much better :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    There's also Green & Black's chocolate...

tenor.gif

:pac:

tenor.gif

Awww, like clockwork :)
    G'wan. Enjoy! It's the good rich milk chocolate kind. My favourite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Awww, like clockwork :)
    G'wan. Enjoy! It's the good rich milk chocolate kind. My favourite.

Like clockwork? You'd swear I did this all the time or something.........

gracias senorita!

My cat Oscar is obsessed with food. He comes running as soon as he hears the fridge being opened or a bag being rustled. We had to put a child lock on the press we keep the pet food in because he could pull it open and would throw all the food out and him and Khali (the dog) would devour as much as they could before they'd get caught.

I think Seph is the human version of Oscar. Racing down the hallway when he hears someone in here open a bag of crisps or just the clink of a plate being moved.

It's like a matrix thing no? Someone in the system starts chowing down and Seph starts twitching. :pac::pac::pac:

De nada señor :)

• Advertisement

It's like a matrix thing no? Someone in the system starts chowing down and Seph starts twitching. :pac::pac::pac:

Probably has an alert set up that sends a notification whenever certain key words are mentioned in certain threads :pac:

Either that, or he has a very well trained nose :D

and Khali (the dog) would devour as much as they could before they'd get caught.

Aha! see! it was dogs that led poor Oscar astray last week with the bread, see I told ya it wasn't his fault 😸😸🤣
    thomil wrote: »
    Probably has an alert set up that sends a notification whenever certain key words are mentioned in certain threads :pac:

Its actually a script I wrote that monitors keystrokes and then it sends the alert
    :-P

My cat Oscar is obsessed with food. He comes running as soon as he hears the fridge being opened or a bag being rustled. We had to put a child lock on the press we keep the pet food in because he could pull it open and would throw all the food out and him and Khali (the dog) would devour as much as they could before they'd get caught.

Your two reminded me of someone BB - years and years back (late '90's Boston :eek:) my then boyfriend had a Dobie. She was absolutely gorgeous and sooo smart, but unusually for the breed was obsessed with certain foods (bacon, steak, chicken, all the good stuff basically). She learnt to wait, play asleep/dead until I had fixed my weekend bacon-cream cheese bagel and then dive bomb/assault me outside the kitchen as soon as I tried to sneak it back to the bedroom :pac: Got me so many times :D I always thought, if that Biat*h managed to develop opposable thumbs we'd all be screwed! But I won't tell Khali...

*still vaguely suspicious re ex/as to where she learnt said stealth skills... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

smurfjed wrote: »
    Different nurses have different touches, my favorite seems to barely touch the inside of the nostril so it’s painless. #33 tomorrow :):)

Jaysus, the lady who did mine was definitely mining for brain matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, back in my folk's house for the night (it's rare that I'm staying a week-night). My sis is moving to a different country, she's down here sorting out her stuff, will be a while before I see her again :(

I use my laptop too when on boards, but most of the time I use my phone :)

Your two reminded me of someone BB - years and years back (late '90's Boston :eek:) my then boyfriend had a Dobie. She was absolutely gorgeous and sooo smart, but unusually for the breed was obsessed with certain foods (bacon, steak, chicken, all the good stuff basically). She learnt to wait, play asleep/dead until I had fixed my weekend bacon-cream cheese bagel and then dive bomb/assault me outside the kitchen as soon as I tried to sneak it back to the bedroom :pac: Got me so many times :D I always thought, if that Biat*h managed to develop opposable thumbs we'd all be screwed! But I won't tell Khali...

*still vaguely suspicious re ex/as to where she learnt said stealth skills... :pac:

Hahaha! Well Khali would never. Despite what Seph would like us to believe, she just lets the cat be bold and steal food and then she steals from him, rather than stealing directly from the humans. Pretty clever I think you'll agree. Most of the food, none of the blame! Now if Oscar realized he could trip us up and make us drop our food, no doubt he'd be undertaking stealthy tactics of his own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Hmm plate stealer I see 🀔...... You don't buy any chance also like stealing bowls do you? In particular ones with cat diagrams on the sides of them :3

I’m quite partial to stealing bowls with a cat diagram, and not giving them back for a while. :)

Got any food to slide over Seph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside.

Distinct lack of plate sliding in this direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh Paws :( have you got yourself into the health system over there? Pain is horrible to live with

Sorry for disappearing. Busy busy.

I ended up going to the doctor last week, I'm being sent for physio and I was given some exercises.

Couch side with breakfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

On the subject of clever animals and food, my cat could unscrew milk bottles and knock the bottles over to get the milk.

Kitchen side just waiting for everything to open and I’ll do a few things. Enjoying the early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

That's a wrap for today's work in the home office which started just before 6.00 a.m, off out now for a 5 km walk, lovely crisp Autumn morning out there but rain due later so hope to get a few outdoor jobs done before it hits. Have a good day everyone.

Deskside with a cup of the sweet stuff, woke up at the witching hour (3am) and was..a bit spooked... 👻
    SnowyMay wrote: »
    I’m quite partial to stealing bowls with a cat diagram, and not giving them back for a while. :)

Hmmm, I have sourdough toast if that's any good to yis? :pac:

Hahaha! Well Khali would never. Despite what Seph would like us to believe, she just lets the cat be bold and steal food and then she steals from him, rather than stealing directly from the humans. Pretty clever I think you'll agree. Most of the food, none of the blame! Now if Oscar realized he could trip us up and make us drop our food, no doubt he'd be undertaking stealthy tactics of his own!

Ohhh sure Khali's the innocent one in all this and its all the cats fault as usual :rolleyes:😾😾

😸🤣

SnowyMay wrote: »

Oscar!

Is that you ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Morning all! :)

Another very busy day at the coalface...

Deskside, winding down from my AM activity burst ;)

Ohhh sure Khali's the innocent one in all this and its all the cats fault as usual :rolleyes:😾😾

😸🤣

Yep, the amount of anti-feline agitation in this thread is a bit disconcerting at times :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

On the subject of clever animals and food, my cat could unscrew milk bottles and knock the bottles over to get the milk...

A bit like me on Friday nights with beer bottles!

thomil wrote: »
    ... a Chromebook?......

A memory bubbled up just now ... When Chromebooks first appeared we were able to replace the software with one of the UNIX distros. Can you still do that these days ?

I'm deskside, wondering why there is such an anti-canine undercurrent :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

3d4life wrote: »
    Oscar!

Is that you ?

Oscar?!

No. Not me. Just an regular plate stealer from before. :)

Some sourdough bread would be amazing though Seph!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At the dentist, in the waiting room. An hour of filling work ahead...yikes!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oof best of luck with that :eek:

• Advertisement

Sitting in my car and I'm facing a cafe. It's reasonably cold and absolutely lashing but all the outdoor seating is in use. Fair play to them!

Checking the cameras at home and it's like musical chairs, every time I look the animals have swapped beds. They're gas.

Can't wait to go home. I'm hungry and tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's fierce quite in here recently. Anyone heard from Legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It has been raining steadily away here for the last few hours , in my mind I always associate the rain with January, February weather for some strange reason !

3d4life wrote: »
    I'm deskside, wondering why there is such an anti-canine undercurrent :p

I’m not discriminatory. Canines, felines, as long as they’re friendly, they’re all welcome :D

Deskside, just waiting for this day to be over. I hate End of Quarter and the ensuing paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Homesite, negative covid test so relieved with that. Still have a sinus infection though:(

Sitting in my car and I'm facing a cafe. It's reasonably cold and absolutely lashing .....
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It has been raining steadily away here for the last few hours ,.....!

Thanks for the reminder. :D

Off out now to buy some milk before rain stops play here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So hungry, so lazy, such a dilemma :D

So hungry, so lazy, such a dilemma :D

How about getting something delivered? All of the food, none of the effort :D

Just finished off a warm brownie with ice cream over here, now sofa-side watching TV, for the first time since April...

Boiled the kettle, baby spuds cooked plus grilled some rashers, lazy personified ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's an eerie fog outside at the minute.
    Deja, take note.. It's a sign of the paint kicking off..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching Simple Minds live from Rotterdam in 1985.:eek: 35 feckin years ago! I remember the next year in Croke Park. 34 feckin years ago.:eek: Then 1989 in the RDS, outdoors on the day I got my LC results.:eek: Jaysus I'm getting old lads!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Watching Simple Minds live from Rotterdam in 1985.:eek: 35 feckin years ago! I remember the next year in Croke Park. 34 feckin years ago.:eek: Then 1989 in the RDS, outdoors on the day I got my LC results.:eek: Jaysus I'm getting old lads!

You have to grow OLD, you don't have to grow UP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Short day at work, made a nice dinner for my flatmates. And now enjoying a vodka and tonic. And toying with the thoughts of getting a cat.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I was always told it is never the years that matter, but the mileage. Live to the extreme!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I haven't grown up! That can be a problem in itself.:D

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Homesite, negative covid test so relieved with that. Still have a sinus infection though:(

Those are painful and I hope you feel better soon.

I was always told it is never the years that matter, but the mileage. Live to the extreme!

Deffo, the journey is better than the destination kind of mentality.

Anyone else want some great philosophical advise. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Grandeeod wrote: »

At least you are still Alive and Kicking ;)

Fidgeting on the couch trying to get comfortable grr

• Advertisement

I have loads of miles on the clock and live to the extreme. Gotta slow down someday though.:D But not tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement